Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: War in Ukraine

War in Ukraine 1 year 4 weeks ago #3895116

• Sandgrounder
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1374
  • Honor Medal 2010
From yesterdays news, it looks like the tanks will shortly be arriving and put into use over the coming months .

Please Log in to join the conversation.

War in Ukraine 1 year 4 weeks ago #3895133

• Aida
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1398
  • Honor Medal 2010
Russia will most likely retaliate by bring forwards its threatened Spring Offensive. Expect wave upon wave of Russian missile attacks on Ukraine before the tanks have arrived and are up and running.

'Take the log out of your own eye then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother's eye.'
Matthew 7: 5
Last edit: by Aida.

War in Ukraine 1 year 4 weeks ago #3895287

• senile1
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 639
  • Honor Medal 2010
That fact Russia has been unable to fulfill it's main objective in Ukraine, and the seesawing of advances / retreats, tells me this is going be just another drawn out war, resulting in the deaths of thousands, both military/ civilian. Where have we seen this before???? Vietnam/ Korea/ Iraq/ Afghanistan(once with the USA, once with Russia)........
The following user(s) said Well Said: Dan Dare, R u e

War in Ukraine 1 year 4 weeks ago #3895432

• Sandgrounder
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Honor Medal 2010
I see Russia has responded with rocket fire and drones. How predictable is that. Will be interesting to see how they react when Ukraine finally has the tanks and starts using them .
The following user(s) said Well Said: Dan Dare

War in Ukraine 1 year 4 weeks ago #3895695

• KayyGee
  • Away
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 854
  • Honor Medal 2010
The UK is sending Challengers, the US is sending Abrams, the Germans have been coerced into sending Leopards, the total number is less than a hundred, some additional "donations" from within the EU will swell that number to maybe 200. Zelenskyy has said thanks but more tanks, he wants a minimum of 300-500 before the end of March and guarantees of replacements for any losses. He wants and wants and wants. He also wants guarantees of support which given the eclectic mix of platforms will be a herculean task and many military experts can't see it being achieved with any sound outcomes. That plus the momentous logistical hurdles makes this tank saga a tragic comedy not a heroic campaign for victory.

But tanks are yesterdays news, today it's modern fighter aircraft and extra long range missiles, something once again the west has said will not be possible, but Zelenskyy doesn't take no for an answer. He has already launched his last round of let's embarrass those who have come to save us, if you're not with us and I know what you have in your warehouses and hangars.

The Ukrainian military has undergone the greatest upgrade of any military in modern times all at the expense of foreign taxpayers who have been fed a line about the purpose of their sacrifice.

I'm waiting for him to demand a US Carrier Group be transferred to his Navy in the Black Sea.

Last edit: by KayyGee.

War in Ukraine 1 year 4 weeks ago #3895797

• Sandgrounder
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Honor Medal 2010
I think he will have a long wait if he wants to upgrade his Navy .

War in Ukraine 1 year 4 weeks ago #3896056

• Keeper
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1362
  • Honor Medal 2010
I really wish one of his generals would put a bullet in Putin's brain. Look at all those poor souls who have died and also suffered because of this greedy land grabbing, evil Putin

PEACE to the world

War in Ukraine 1 year 4 weeks ago #3896081

• KayyGee
  • Away
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 854
  • Honor Medal 2010

Sandgrounder wrote: I think he will have a long wait if he wants to upgrade his Navy .

Don't be to certain, as I suggested he would, the Ukrainians are already pushing hard for new fighters, they even reviewed the inventories of the countries that have what they want and announced how many each country could give them. F16s from the US are the most likely choice but they say Gripens from Sweden or Rafales from France would be a better aircraft in the long term. But as the last two are current front line aircraft of the countries that have them they're an unlikely option for gifting to Ukraine, no matter how loud they scream.

But it has been pointed out that, and the US know this well, their tanks, the Abrams, wasn't designed or built to operate without combined arms support. This is no doubt something you would have heard the US talking about, what this means that through linking weapons platforms through digital communications they offer a force projection capability on the battlefield. Part of this combined arms infrastructure includes aircraft like the F16 to provide overflight cover for the tanks on the ground which are otherwise very vulnerable.

On the tanks, yesterdays news, a military scholar on twitter pointed out that the Saudi's have the most recent experience of using Abrams tanks in a real conflict. The Houthis using technology from the 60s and 70s have destroyed upwards of 20 in a few years of low key contact. In the cauldron of Ukraine, the Russians using their latest AT weapons should ensure there aren't many US or EU tanks by the end of the Spring Offensive. But that's OK, Zelenskyy will just demand more, and more, and ...

Last edit: by KayyGee.

War in Ukraine 1 year 3 weeks ago #3896650

• senile1
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 639
  • Honor Medal 2010
The Putin Regime is slowly unraveling from the top down, watch, listen how Putin tries to intimidate others, he is losing control. Do I think Putin would engage the West? yes.. Would Putin use Nukes,? Most definitely. I also feel his supporters are growing weary, and if this conflict goes worldwide, they have fortunes to lose.

War in Ukraine 1 year 3 weeks ago #3896663

• Aida
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1398
  • Honor Medal 2010
Just watched a documentary called Putin Vs The West on BBC 2. It was extremely informative. World leaders face up to their failures to stop Russian aggression.
The following user(s) said Well Said: senile1, R u e

'Take the log out of your own eye then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother's eye.'
Matthew 7: 5
Last edit: by Aida.
Moderators: MoonlitRoads63Pats
Time to create page: 0.091 seconds