Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Your school days, did you have incredible teachers?

Your school days, did you have incredible teachers? 1 month 1 week ago #3881509

• Dennis 2
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 381
  • Honor Medal 2010
A MALE pe teacher THAT WAS AN INCREDABLE DUD! He had his favorites, males and later on got in lots of trouble for that! They had him on the local news.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Schöne Dinge passieren in Ihrem Leben, wenn Sie sich distanzieren und negative Dinge und Menschen entfernen.

Your school days, did you have incredible teachers? 3 weeks 4 days ago #3886299

• Maywalk
  • New Buzzer
  • New Buzzer
  • Well said received: 27
  • Honor Medal 2010
It all depends on what age you are.
Personally I was being cruelly treated at the age of four when in a Sisters-of-Mercy home in the early 1930s. I had to say the alphabet backwards by the time I was four and was beaten with a stick if I faltered. Many cruelties dealt out by these so called Sisters- of- Mercy. My parents finally got me back home in London in 1937 and I started school in Camberwell. It only lasted two years before the war started so I lost a lot of schooling during the London Blitz and being bombed out twice.
In 1941 I was evacuated to the Midlands where an old Baptiste Church was set aside for a makeshift school. I was at that school until 1944 when I left at the age of 14 to start work. I can only thank the three teachers that taught at that school for their dedication in teaching us choose what conditions we were taught in. I passed my 11+ to go to Grammar School but my mother could neither afford the uniform nor did she have the clothing coupons for it. Not that it worried me because I did not want to go to the Grammar School. I still have my sheet of paper written by the headmistress telling of how well I did at school because at that time one had to have a good reference to get a job.
I am still here to tell the tale and my family is guarding my old school reference which is carefully stashed away. :lol:
The following user(s) said Well Said: Shadowman, QuinTSensual, Bruce

Your school days, did you have incredible teachers? 3 weeks 4 days ago #3886353

• Shadowman
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 547
  • Honor Medal 2010
I went to a Catholic grade school for grades 2-8. Nothing pleasant or incredible there. High School had some good, some poor. I had some excellent professors in the university system.

“All is ephemeral, both what remembers and what is remembered.”
― Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Your school days, did you have incredible teachers? 1 week 3 days ago #3891628

• altshovel
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Well said received: 117
  • Honor Medal 2010
Yeah, some were.. I had some good art teachers and the only class I got a fail in was an art class!
It was a mixed bag but in general most of my teachers were good. A couple were incredible..

“Someone has said that it requires less mental effort to condemn than to think.”
Moderators: mikePatsMoonlitRoads63
Time to create page: 0.052 seconds