Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Your past school days, did you have an incredible teacher, a little about her

Your past school days, did you have an incredible teacher, a little about her 1 month 1 day ago #3844004

• Sirfurryanimal
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Well said received: 248
  • Honor Medal 2010
Mrs M who got me me understand Maths!Unlike the guy who had taught me the previous four years!

And Mr. C who had an eccentric but very effective way of teaching History.
The following user(s) said Well Said: AntiqueLace

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Glory to Ukraine.Safety for Yulianna.
Last edit: by Pats. Reason: Names removed.

Your past school days, did you have an incredible teacher, a little about her 1 month 19 hours ago #3844102

• Summerdancing
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Well said received: 302
  • Honor Medal 2010
I had a couple of fantastic English teachers and an amazing science teacher who passed me even though I accidently made iodine gas and we had to evacuate the classroom.

Most of my teachers were either okay or really good. A couple were outstanding duds.

As a former teacher, I know that for some students I was amazing. But for those who needed routine, predictability, and the "right" answer, I was not so good.

Your past school days, did you have an incredible teacher, a little about her 1 month 16 hours ago #3844120

• Assemble
  • Junior Buzzer
  • Junior Buzzer
  • Well said received: 28
No there was no teacher at school who inspired me but years down the line, in her 60s, an old school friend married our Geography teacher and I met him once at a social event. We were introduced and he turned his back saying he never spoke to ex-pupils (which did make me wonder how he came to marry one!)
I barely remember him from school so he was obviously not an inspiration to me back then, and as for now .....
I just think he's a rude old man

Your past school days, did you have an incredible teacher, a little about her 4 weeks 1 day ago #3844413

• kb0000
  • Junior Buzzer
  • Junior Buzzer
  • Well said received: 8
My 3 favorite teachers were men.

Your past school days, did you have an incredible teacher, a little about her 3 weeks 3 days ago #3846311

• man of kent
  • Senior Buzzer
  • Senior Buzzer
  • Well said received: 103
  • Honor Medal 2010
Mine were Men (all boy`s school -- girl`s next door )

One stands out - Mr N - a tall lumbering jolly man (cant remember what he taught)
He was evacuated - with us to South Wales - he went on to another village - 5 mile away -
with my brother. I had the Science teacher - a Mr S at my school - 10 mile from Swansea.
Both teacher`s died within a week of each other - years later.

MAGPIE.-- the bird
Last edit: by Pats. Reason: Names removed

Your past school days, did you have an incredible teacher, a little about her 3 weeks 8 hours ago #3847669

• Dennis 2
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 662
  • Honor Medal 2010
Incredible yes in a negative way though one that got me suspended for 3 days for something I did NOT do, and proven so during the time I was out, when dad finally found out I was truthful, he got an attorney friend to file charges on the school. principal and teacher as they all knew i had been truthful and others had lied to save face. Yet until the lawyer became involved nothing changed for me then it all just seemed to go away overnight, so odd there. Mr H the teacher played a very important part in my life of my view when your right do not ever back down.

Schöne Dinge passieren in Ihrem Leben, wenn Sie sich distanzieren und negative Dinge und Menschen entfernen.
Last edit: by Pats. Reason: Name edited

Your past school days, did you have an incredible teacher, a little about her 1 week 9 hours ago #3852813

• Amandine
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Well said received: 120
  • Honor Medal 2010

Summerdancing wrote: I had a couple of fantastic English teachers and an amazing science teacher who passed me even though I accidently made iodine gas and we had to evacuate the classroom.

Most of my teachers were either okay or really good. A couple were outstanding duds.

As a former teacher, I know that for some students I was amazing. But for those who needed routine, predictability, and the "right" answer, I was not so good.

Same here I had brilliant and many inspirational teachers all the way from primary to university.
Bless them all they inspired me and made me love studying all along the way.
They were very dedicated and hardworking...

• Page:
Moderators: mikePatsMoonlitRoads63
Time to create page: 0.067 seconds