Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: What games did you like to play in the Olden Days?

What games did you like to play in the Olden Days? 7 months 2 weeks ago #3945340

• fthpin
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Jump rope, jacks, simon says

Please Log in to join the conversation.

What games did you like to play in the Olden Days? 7 months 2 weeks ago #3945341

• RichardA
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 420
  • Honor Medal 2010

cahoots wrote: Knock Down Ginger ... that was naughty really ... I have no idea why it was called that either!

"Ginger, Ginger, broke the winder,
Hit the winder--Crack!
The baker came out to give 'im a clout
And Ginger landed on 'is back."

It seems the baker knocking Ginger down started it off. lol

Rounders

What's The time Mr Wolf?

Jacks

The best games were the ones based on TV programme or film ... like Robin Hood etc ... all you needed was imagination ....

Last edit: by RichardA.

What games did you like to play in the Olden Days? 7 months 2 weeks ago #3945344

• Pats
  • Admin
  • Admin
  • Well said received: 1541
  • Honor Medal 2010
Skipping games…..Jack stones…..ball games….hopscotch.smile.png
The following user(s) said Well Said: fthpin

Happy to help.

What games did you like to play in the Olden Days? 7 months 2 weeks ago #3945370

• RichardA
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 420
  • Honor Medal 2010
When I was just a youngster in the Isle of Man and bicycles were too costly, a popular pastime consisted of a hoop and a stick...up hills and down dales we went...we called it 'chasing the hoop'.. which could be anything that fitted the bill...the posh kids had proper wooden hoops and sticks...we, the poor, made do with an old bike tyre and a stout twig. Happy days a the same. smile.png

Last edit: by RichardA.

What games did you like to play in the Olden Days? 2 months 2 weeks ago #3994391

• tthomas310
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
In my grade school days I lived on a street that had many kids in my age range. There were at least a dozen. I grew up in a warm climate (still live here) and it seems we played hide-and-seek and kick-the-can every night until the street lights came on. By junior high and high school (ages 12 to 18) I was very involved in our church youth group. Our church was right on the beach so we spent a great deal of time playing volleyball and going on bicycle rides. I am still in touch with a few of those friends. I have no selfies of any of those activities.

What games did you like to play in the Olden Days? 2 months 2 weeks ago #3994413

• Aviara
  • Away
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Well said received: 273
Very familiar sounding Thomas … there were lots of kids around my age on our street, so running here and there doing any kind of game, in particular hide and seek, was very common. My Dad was the parent at home those days, my Mom worked nights ….boy, there was hell to pay if we weren’t in the house shortly after those street lights came on !

What games did you like to play in the Olden Days? 2 months 2 weeks ago #3994414

• Aviara
  • Away
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Expert Buzzer
Very familiar sounding Thomas … there were lots of kids around my age on our street, so running here and there doing any kind of game, in particular hide and seek, was very common. My Dad was the parent at home those days, my Mom worked nights ….boy, there was hell to pay if we weren’t in the house shortly after those street lights came on !

What games did you like to play in the Olden Days? 2 months 2 weeks ago #3994415

• Aviara
  • Away
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Expert Buzzer
Oops…sorry, double clicked !

What games did you like to play in the Olden Days? 2 months 2 weeks ago #3994424

• Pop1
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Well said received: 116
  • Honor Medal 2010
Marbles on the manholes ..

What games did you like to play in the Olden Days? 2 months 2 weeks ago #3994427

• tthomas310
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I read both of them, Avi. Cause that's how I roll. I enjoyed your responses twice as much.

Moderators: mikePatsMoonlitRoads63
Time to create page: 0.085 seconds