Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: What games did you like to play in the Olden Days?

What games did you like to play in the Olden Days? 9 months 4 weeks ago #3923157

• altshovel
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Baseball. I did not make it in little league try outs. But I would play whenever I got the chance.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

What games did you like to play in the Olden Days? 9 months 4 weeks ago #3923522

• cahoots
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1773
  • Honor Medal 2010

munch wrote: I always wanted a pogo stick ... never had one.
I've just googled them and I'm surprised to see you can still get them. How nice! I'm so tempted to get one but at my age I'd be too afraid of broken hips if I fell off .... hmm ... perhaps a space hopper would be better.

oh munch you should get one .... and maybe one of those padded character suit things like they have in festivals ... that would protect you!

Or a trampoline?

There is a crack ... a crack in everything .... That's how the light gets in.

Leonard Cohen ~ Anthem
Last edit: by cahoots.

What games did you like to play in the Olden Days? 9 months 4 weeks ago #3923525

• cahoots
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1773
  • Honor Medal 2010
I can remeber playing tag, kiss chase, what's the time Mr Wolf? etc and rounders, if the ground was flat enough, on bomb sites.

There was a large one just across the road and it literally was our 'playground'

There is a crack ... a crack in everything .... That's how the light gets in.

Leonard Cohen ~ Anthem

What games did you like to play in the Olden Days? 9 months 4 weeks ago #3923544

• Keeper
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1394
  • Honor Medal 2010
I have a younger brother near on 6 years younger than I. When Come Dancing would come on TV, he and I used to Tango up and down the room together :lol:

We were lucky where we lived, with a park in the middle of the street, and mountains behind the top row of houses, and go through the back lane, and down past 2 streets into the woods. We roamed all over those mountains, and picked Wimberries when they were ripe. If I ate one Whimberry I would eat the lot. Mam didn't mind, even though I was supposed to be picking them for her to make a fruit tart.

I also spent a lot of time playing our piano. Strangely enough, in those days, all terraced houses, well every room had a lock and key to the door. I used to lock myself in the front room not to be disturbed, and play the piano. I also read a lot.

Brother and I used to play hide and seek, and to this day, he tells me that I found him hiding in the wardrobe, and locked him in. Well he had found me curled up in a big cardbord box, and sat on it, so I couldn't get out!! I am claustraphobic to this day. smile.png
The following user(s) said Well Said: cahoots, caretaker

PEACE to the world

What games did you like to play in the Olden Days? 8 months 1 week ago #3938211

• man of kent
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Roller Hockey - on quad roller skates - in the Kent League - WE played in Rochester - our home matches.
Herne Bay - Margate - a few of our matches - also Southend in Essex - and Forest Gate in London.

What games did you like to play in the Olden Days? 8 months 7 hours ago #3940661

• Dennis 2
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 343
  • Honor Medal 2010
WE called it stick it poker staple a deck of cards on a 4x4' plywood board then throw a knife at your chosen cards at about 3 yds back it had to stick in your card to count, sometimes we increased the distance add shot at it with bow and arrows or a 22 rf pistol.

Schöne Dinge passieren in Ihrem Leben, wenn Sie sich distanzieren und negative Dinge und Menschen entfernen.

What games did you like to play in the Olden Days? 7 months 4 weeks ago #3941064

• man of kent
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
You certainly see life - Dennis 2 - what with you Shooting - Fishing - and many other pass times - in the U.S.A.
We did in the 1930s - go in to a wood - cut a branch off a Silver birch tree - to make our catapults - then down to
our local hardware shop - for a yard of a quarter of an inch rubber to - complete it.

Last edit: by man of kent.

What games did you like to play in the Olden Days? 7 months 4 weeks ago #3941115

• Dennis 2
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 343
  • Honor Medal 2010
thankyou

Schöne Dinge passieren in Ihrem Leben, wenn Sie sich distanzieren und negative Dinge und Menschen entfernen.

What games did you like to play in the Olden Days? 7 months 4 weeks ago #3941127

• mart
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Cricket as a sport. Pick-a-stick at home as a pastime with my sister.

What games did you like to play in the Olden Days? 7 months 4 weeks ago #3941215

• caretaker
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Well said received: 143
  • Honor Medal 2010
When we went camping we played rounders.

I love my spell checker.
Have a nice day to one and all.
Moderators: mikePatsMoonlitRoads63
Time to create page: 0.087 seconds