Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: What books do you remember reading when you where younger ?

What books do you remember reading when you where younger ? 4 months 2 weeks ago #3776982

• Serena77
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 6958
  • Honor Medal 2010
The Boxcar Children is a children's book series originally created and written by the American first-grade school teacher Gertrude Chandler Warner. Today, the series includes nearly 160 titles, with more being released every year. The series is aimed at readers in grades 2–6. Wikipedia

Please Log in to join the conversation.

"money buys everything,
but ............common sense."

What books do you remember reading when you where younger ? 3 months 4 weeks ago #3786120

• CountryGuy65
  • New Buzzer
  • New Buzzer
  • Well said received: 2
The Red Badge of Courage, Moby Dick, Little Women, The Scarlet Letter...

What books do you remember reading when you where younger ? 3 months 3 weeks ago #3789452

• Zadra
  • New Buzzer
  • New Buzzer
  • Well said received: 4
  • Honor Medal 2010
When I was about eight or nine, I enjoyed reading Little Women, Little Men, and The Incredible Journey. When I was ten, I first read the two books that became my favorites, To Kill a Mockingbird and Wuthering Heights. Wuthering Heights was a little advanced for a ten-year-old, but I reread it a few years later and it became my number one favorite.

What books do you remember reading when you where younger ? 3 months 3 weeks ago #3789453

• helloDarling
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
one of my favs was a book called : DOVE
it was of a teen age boy who set out to sail around the world.
his first attempt with his buddies didnt work.. lol. they were blown back to shore by a storm after just setting out. but if at first you dont succeed..
he eventually succeeded. with many a great tales along the way.

What books do you remember reading when you where younger ? 3 months 3 weeks ago #3789454

• cheops23456
  • New Buzzer
  • New Buzzer
  • Well said received: 2
  • Honor Medal 2010
Many books by H.G Wells, Arthur C. Clarke, Dickens, H.P Lovecraft, Ian Flemming, Denis Wheatley.
My Favorite was War of the Worlds which I read in one sitting after school and through the night until I finished it and fell asleep with my head full of strange dreams.

I came, I saw and I conked out!

What books do you remember reading when you where younger ? 3 months 1 week ago #3795282

• Dennis 2
  • Away
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 679
  • Honor Medal 2010
My cousin and I ran my uncles cotton gin night shift after our parents finally said we could work together all night; my uncles account book listed all raw unginned cotton that came in, the weight ginned and bale weight and all other info, we finally got permission from him to do this as it had to be balanced daily before we left to the penny. Then we gave the owner a check for it, we used this book every day during season, my cousin Sandi did all the book work we both had to sign the checks to owners. I still wonder what ever happen to that book, it was a huge size. This book was the 1st thing he looked at every morning before we went home to sleep. I still remember it very well and all the info we had to gather and record. All done in #2 pencil only, the main book I really remember as we used it every day including Sundays during season, we each checked each other 2 times before we wrote a check for the cotton and had an amount limit, if over we had to call regardless of time of the morning/night and tell my uncle the amount of the check.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Runswithbeer

Schöne Dinge passieren in Ihrem Leben, wenn Sie sich distanzieren und negative Dinge und Menschen entfernen.

What books do you remember reading when you where younger ? 2 months 3 weeks ago #3802972

• Runswithbeer
  • Senior Buzzer
  • Senior Buzzer
  • Well said received: 87
In my teenage angst years I was forced into a high school Shakespeare class with 20 other rebellious youth. Unfortunately my athletic eligibility to play sports hinged on getting a passing grade and therefore required me to be chained to the writings of this Bill character. Boy howdy could this guy tear it up like a Jimi Hendrix solo.
Love, hate, revenge, compassion, death and fighting is not what I expected from some old guy. Also who knew it was a good way to meet girls.

“Madam, you have bereft me of all words,
Only my blood speaks to you in my veins.” - Merchant of Venice

I walk through the desert, past a lizard and a rattlesnake
I tip the bottle and bite the lime
Moderators: PascaloumikePatsMoonlitRoads63
Time to create page: 0.065 seconds