Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: What books do you remember reading when you where younger ?

What books do you remember reading when you where younger ? 3 weeks 2 days ago #3741635

• Tiggs
  • Away
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Well said received: 144
  • Honor Medal 2010
Crumbs - the list is too long. Reading is an addiction for me. I read books voraciously from around the age of 10, even spending Saturdays in the local library in the reference section where books couldn’t be taken out to feed my thirst for Elizabethan history & the beginnings of Lord Burghley’s spy network, in my mid teens. Early reading was Blyton’s The Twins at St Clare’s, but never Mallory Towers. Graduated onto girl detective novels, then Anne of Green Gables & my favourite Little Women. I so wanted to be Jo March. My stand out book for my later teens was Aldous Huxley’s Brave New World. I’ve re-read it a few times. Dystopian & prophetic. Genius. So many other classics as well but these stand out.

I still have a passion for Elizabethan history. My reading addiction stood me in good stead for a law degree in my 20s & for subsequent professional qualifications. :)
The following user(s) said Well Said: helloDarling, FrostyLace66

Please Log in to join the conversation.

What books do you remember reading when you where younger ? 3 weeks 2 days ago #3741757

• PaRaPaPumPum1
  • New Buzzer
  • New Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1
All of the TinTin books
The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe
The Hobbit
Grimble and Grimble at Christmas
The Goalkeeper's Revenge
The Machine Gunners
Uncle Lubin
Jackanory - Arabella's Raven, Brer Rabbit, Lizzie Dripping, Barrow Lane Gang

What books do you remember reading when you where younger ? 1 week 23 hours ago #3747503

• man of kent
  • Senior Buzzer
  • Senior Buzzer
  • Well said received: 124
  • Honor Medal 2010
Only one that I can remember -- Tom Sawyer - by Mark Twain.
I remember the first comic`s coming out. in 1930`s - The Beano - Hotspur.
One had a balsa wood plane in it.- worth a lot of money - now.

MAGPIE.-- the bird

What books do you remember reading when you where younger ? 1 week 22 hours ago #3747517

• Graham
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Well said received: 106
  • Honor Medal 2010
Vaious books by Issac Asimov and Arthur C Clark, followed by Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit.

What books do you remember reading when you where younger ? 1 week 20 hours ago #3747548

• WWWoody
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1191
  • Honor Medal 2010
I always checked out biographies on athletes like Pete Rose, Hank Aaron, Roger Staubach and etc etc. I knew everything about these guys. Now sports is so woke it’s nauseating. These guys were real, not a forced PC version of an athlete.

'It’s time for us to do what we have been doing and that time is every day,' Kamala Harris. Lol, what????

What books do you remember reading when you where younger ? 3 days 12 hours ago #3749741

• Dennis 2
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 577
  • Honor Medal 2010
If magazines count, we got 4 a month growing up:
Outdoor Life
Sports Afield
Field & Stream
American Rifleman
I read each cover to cover

Schöne Dinge passieren in Ihrem Leben, wenn Sie sich distanzieren und negative Dinge und Menschen entfernen.
  • Page:
Moderators: Pascaloumike
Time to create page: 0.203 seconds