Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: What was the worst thing you did as a child?

What was the worst thing you did as a child? 4 months 1 week ago #3285740

• Frankie
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1768
  • Honor Medal 2010
dropped a stone off a bridge on the traffic below
The following user(s) said Well Said: Sirfurryanimal, AngelButterfly

Please Log in to join the conversation.

What was the worst thing you did as a child? 4 months 1 week ago #3286543

• Bruce
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1380
  • Honor Medal 2010
As a young child I tipped salt into my grans sugar jar, thought it was funny until she wooped me lol.

Around the age of 9 I deliberately jumped of a seesaw in the park with my sister up in the air at the other end she broke her arm and had 5 stiches in her head. Got wooped for that too.

Around 13 I stole those patches with silly sayings on which we used to sow on our denim jackets in the 70s
my dad caught me with them and knew I had no money so I confessed to nicking them and he wopped me again.
I remember the stupid patch now and guess what the saying on it was? A small green circle in the centre with Push My Panic Button around the edge.

At 15ish the area we lived in became rife for prostitutes at night, we used to wait for the cars with them in to park up give then 5 minutes then about 6 off us used to jump all over the car then run off, until we ran straight in to some huge burly vice squad officers, a huge dressing down in a police station put a stop to that behaviour.
The following user(s) said Well Said: QuinTSensual, Sirfurryanimal, Meeooow, AngelButterfly

What was the worst thing you did as a child? 4 months 1 week ago #3287113

• photogeek
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 6018
  • Honor Medal 2010

Bruce wrote: As a young child I tipped salt into my grans sugar jar, thought it was funny until she wooped me lol.

Around the age of 9 I deliberately jumped of a seesaw in the park with my sister up in the air at the other end she broke her arm and had 5 stiches in her head. Got wooped for that too.

Around 13 I stole those patches with silly sayings on which we used to sow on our denim jackets in the 70s
my dad caught me with them and knew I had no money so I confessed to nicking them and he wopped me again.
I remember the stupid patch now and guess what the saying on it was? A small green circle in the centre with Push My Panic Button around the edge.

At 15ish the area we lived in became rife for prostitutes at night, we used to wait for the cars with them in to park up give then 5 minutes then about 6 off us used to jump all over the car then run off, until we ran straight in to some huge burly vice squad officers, a huge dressing down in a police station put a stop to that behaviour.

Quite a sheltered life you led there, Bruce. :laugh:
The following user(s) said Well Said: AngelButterfly

What was the worst thing you did as a child? 4 months 1 week ago #3287148

• QuinTSensual
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 3799
  • Honor Medal 2010
Our Maiden Aunt had a grocery and the family were invited to Tea on Sundays.
Scene. >> My brother and I, sat alone at a loaded table, the others pottering in the kitchen.
Given there was still Food Rationing, the bowl of sugar lumps was simply too much temptation.
By the time the rest of the family were seated, the bowl had been emptied and pocketed.
'Ohh dear' said our auntie, pointedly at us.
'I must have forgotten the sugar,even though it makes 'our' teeth fall out'.
Despite our alarm and senses of guilt. That didn't happen >> 'Immediately'. :laugh: :laugh:
The following user(s) said Well Said: Sirfurryanimal, T65KBK, AngelButterfly

"Out of the eyes and words of children, we 'may' best be known."

What was the worst thing you did as a child? 4 months 1 week ago #3287154

• Rhett1
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1695
  • Honor Medal 2010
Cherry knocking,,,
Kicking my sister when she got to the bathroom before me,,,oh no don’t remind me,,love you,,,
The following user(s) said Well Said: Sirfurryanimal, AngelButterfly

What was the worst thing you did as a child? 4 months 1 week ago #3287177

• QuinTSensual
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 3799
  • Honor Medal 2010
Back to the Altar. >> Well sort of.
Our voices having broken at 14yo. It became essential to get into the earning mode again.
Fortunately the old Gent, who had pulled the simple three rope bells alone for yonks had retired. The bells having been silent for circa a year.
The vicar in his usual state >> 'Holy Waters' prevailing.
Gave us a 5 minutes teach in. Along the lines that the two of us should be able to match the previous expert.
Result >> Poor judgement.
Now with 4 hands, 'Competing' for which ropes to pull in which sequence. Sunday morning Village tranquility 'Shattered'.
Four weeks later, Two failed 'Angelic' Apprentices, finding themselves, once again >> Surplus to Requirement, penniless Outcasts.
One can but try >> very Trying. :laugh:
The following user(s) said Well Said: Sirfurryanimal, Sue 8pal, Meeooow, T65KBK, AngelButterfly

"Out of the eyes and words of children, we 'may' best be known."

What was the worst thing you did as a child? 4 months 1 week ago #3287200

• Aries1950
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1727
  • Honor Medal 2010
Accidentally stepped on a rattlesnake who was sunning itself in the sand. He took offense to that and bit me in on the inside of my right ankle. It could have let me off with a very stern warning, instead of sinking it's fangs into my body. Oh well, I did get to stay out of school for a week.smile.png
The following user(s) said Well Said: Sirfurryanimal, Meeooow, AngelButterfly

2/3 German + 1/3 British + a small pinch of Mohawk = 100% American

What was the worst thing you did as a child? 4 months 1 week ago #3287290

• man of kent
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 485
  • Honor Medal 2010
At 14, I joined the A.R.P. service with Fred age 15. We were patrolling the street, during an air raid,
when we noticed a chink of light coming from
Edna, the lady of the night`s house, we called our
` put that light out `--- no responce --- so we knocked on the door --- we stood back, as a Greek sailor
came running out ---- in a singlet --- carrying a knife.
we scarpered down the road, down the alley
Fred went one way, I went the other --- until I got indoors..
( names altered.)
The following user(s) said Well Said: Sirfurryanimal, Meeooow, AngelButterfly

MAGPIE.-- the bird

What was the worst thing you did as a child? 4 months 1 week ago #3287292

• man of kent
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 485
  • Honor Medal 2010
Ditto

MAGPIE.-- the bird
Last edit: by man of kent.

What was the worst thing you did as a child? 4 months 1 week ago #3287748

• Bruce
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1380
  • Honor Medal 2010

photogeek wrote:

Bruce wrote: As a young child I tipped salt into my grans sugar jar, thought it was funny until she wooped me lol.

Quite a sheltered life you led there, Bruce. :laugh:

That is only a small glimpse in to the stupid things I did as a kid. Not proud of a lot of the mistakes I made but can't blame anyone but myself for doing them. To say I was naïve and stupid is an understatement. I never went out and hurt people or animals (apart from my sister) oh and my brother when I bounced a Tonka Toy truck off his head when he was winding me up. Luckily I have learned my lessons and lifes education has straightened me out to a completely different person who is now calm kind forgiving and friendly.
The following user(s) said Well Said: photogeek, QuinTSensual, Meeooow, AngelButterfly

Moderators: pascaloumike
Time to create page: 0.230 seconds