Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
This category is closely linked with the social pages and is for Buzzers who want to make friends with others.
  • Page:

TOPIC: do we have u.s. snowbirds who winter in florida?

do we have u.s. snowbirds who winter in florida? 5 months 1 week ago #3193224

• Topsy
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 4943
  • Honor Medal 2010
I would love to Winter in Florida .
I go there for a month in May ,then Georgia ,Carolina"s .Tennessee ,Virginia.So six weeks in all
So great .Looking forward to flying into Tampa 1st week in May .
smile

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Never let anyone ever dull your sparkle
Last edit: by Topsy.

do we have u.s. snowbirds who winter in florida? 4 months 3 weeks ago #3203165

• Corvette
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 468
  • Honor Medal 2010
I could handle living there anytime. It has never been too hot there for me. I love sitting outside at night and it is
good for that around Tampa or below. I could go there any time of the year.

do we have u.s. snowbirds who winter in florida? 4 months 3 weeks ago #3203340

• ceabrm
  • ceabrm's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
what do you rent while youre there? and how did you find a place?

do we have u.s. snowbirds who winter in florida? 3 months 3 weeks ago #3223704

• Craftsalot
  • New Buzzer
  • New Buzzer
  • Well said received: 0
I'm a transplanted Yankee and have lived on all coasts of Fl and now centrally located. Ive never really liked it here, but I got stuck here. Now I'm able to " unstick" myself and thinking of just becoming a snow bird, not that I like it here, but because I hate the hurricanes and love the mountains and seasons so I could go back and forth when I want. That really doesn't even solve anything because I would still have the stress of worrying about the storms and then high insurance deductibles for a hurricane claim, worth it, no not really. However, then again there are the taxes, that you don't pay either which is a bonus. No state taxes , property taxes and taxes on purchases, yes, but you aren't taxed for every other little thing. A catch 22! I also noticed a big change in Fl from when I first got here, but it's becoming rather crowded as many snowbirds are actually retiring here. I guess it's to each his own, but it certainly wouldn't be mine.

do we have u.s. snowbirds who winter in florida? 3 months 3 weeks ago #3224251

• Savvy
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1574
  • Honor Medal 2010

Craftsalot wrote: I'm a transplanted Yankee and have lived on all coasts of Fl and now centrally located. Ive never really liked it here, but I got stuck here. Now I'm able to " unstick" myself and thinking of just becoming a snow bird, not that I like it here, but because I hate the hurricanes and love the mountains and seasons so I could go back and forth when I want. That really doesn't even solve anything because I would still have the stress of worrying about the storms and then high insurance deductibles for a hurricane claim, worth it, no not really. However, then again there are the taxes, that you don't pay either which is a bonus. No state taxes , property taxes and taxes on purchases, yes, but you aren't taxed for every other little thing. A catch 22! I also noticed a big change in Fl from when I first got here, but it's becoming rather crowded as many snowbirds are actually retiring here. I guess it's to each his own, but it certainly wouldn't be mine.

Where I live in North Florida the population density is about 90 people per square mile. We have had little storm problems in my lifetime until last year. We don't have to worry about sea level rise as we are about 300 feet above sea level. We are 75 miles from the beaches so we don't get a lot of the problems that go with beaches. That distance is fine for me because I like the beaches except for the sun, sand, salt water and tourists. It gets cool enough up here to have a few days of frost on a normal winter, but Spring Like weather can run from Feb. through June. Our Summers are hotter than the hinges on the gates of Hell; high 90s in both temps and humidity from mid June through late September.

The woods and small farms around here are gradually filling up with a lot of retired Federal workers, especially the FBI retirees for some reason. (they make good neighbors) Land is cheap and taxes on 30 acres runs about two thousand dollars a year, with no state income taxes, it is easy to retire to.

Save America, dump Trump.

do we have u.s. snowbirds who winter in florida? 1 week 20 hours ago #3293784

• Corvette
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 468
  • Honor Medal 2010
I am working on becoming a snowbird because there is nothing to do when it is cold in Kentucky. I started looking
for a place in Florida a few months ago. I am open to looking at different types of places there.

do we have u.s. snowbirds who winter in florida? 1 week 19 hours ago #3293799

• QuinTSensual
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 2498
  • Honor Medal 2010
Shiver me Timbers >> In the Sunshine.
Memories of Route 1. Tail to tail convoy of RV's across the Keys.
125 mls should have taken 3hrs. >> Hello Ernest H >> 5hrs later.

"Out of the eyes and words of children, we 'may' best be known."

do we have u.s. snowbirds who winter in florida? 1 week 19 hours ago #3293822

• QuinTSensual
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 2498
  • Honor Medal 2010

Corvette wrote: I am working on becoming a snowbird because there is nothing to do when it is cold in Kentucky. I started looking
for a place in Florida a few months ago. I am open to looking at different types of places there.

>> Have found mid east Fla a good base. Coastal Dade and Brevard county.
Wouldn't recommend the Conch Republic for other than a curiosity visit.

"Out of the eyes and words of children, we 'may' best be known."
Last edit: by QuinTSensual.
  • Page:
Moderators: Patsmikesmilesrus10pascalou
Time to create page: 0.203 seconds