Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
This category is closely linked with the social pages and is for Buzzers who want to make friends with others.
  • Page:

TOPIC: do we have u.s. snowbirds who winter in florida?

do we have u.s. snowbirds who winter in florida? 8 months 3 days ago #3192662

• ceabrm
  • ceabrm's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
trying to figure out if dh and i want to spend winters away from cold weather :)
if i NEVER had to wear flannel again i'd be perfectly content lol

Please Log in to join the conversation.

do we have u.s. snowbirds who winter in florida? 8 months 3 days ago #3192737

• PopsnTuff
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 7573
  • Honor Medal 2010
Not a snowbird here....live in Virginia and just love the cold and snowy weather....always have * * * *
lived in Florida years ago in my younger days....was great then but you couldn't pay me to do it again....the hot humidity and bugs would kill me....

Goodbye October....Hello November with your cold, windy days and Autumn beauty still...

do we have u.s. snowbirds who winter in florida? 8 months 3 days ago #3192776

• Aviara
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 4122
  • Honor Medal 2010
I’m with you on that Pops ....

I think ‘half’ of Canada become snowbirds during our winter Cea. :D. Keep in mind there could be the odd day in Florida you may still need your flannel .....lol
The following user(s) said Well Said: PopsnTuff

do we have u.s. snowbirds who winter in florida? 8 months 3 days ago #3192779

• Robin
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1205
  • Honor Medal 2010
there are a lot of northerners that winter in south texas.

joke-there are a few ways to tell winter is coming. the geese flying over, the robins passing through and the vacuum created by all the northerners heading to padre island.:laugh:
The following user(s) said Well Said: PopsnTuff

do we have u.s. snowbirds who winter in florida? 8 months 3 days ago #3192784

• ceabrm
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
virginia here as well, hampton roads...spent 3 years in pensacola but wasnt thinking about the panhandle...more like ft myers area...less squitos, more gators :)

do we have u.s. snowbirds who winter in florida? 8 months 3 days ago #3192787

• ceabrm
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
lol...spent 3 years in san antonio, ADORED the gulf coast! beautiful sands, gorgeous water, and if i remember right, port aransas was totally empty and we drove along the beach :)

do we have u.s. snowbirds who winter in florida? 8 months 3 days ago #3192789

• PopsnTuff
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 7573
  • Honor Medal 2010

ceabrm wrote: virginia here as well, hampton roads...spent 3 years in pensacola but wasnt thinking about the panhandle...more like ft myers area...less squitos, more gators :)

Shenandoah Valley here C about two hours from DC....I lived in Tampa back then....lots of retirees in St. Petersburg and Clearwater on the east coast near the Gulf...you may wanna look into that....dont know the current cost of living there tho in 2019....my folks lived for only one year in Boynton Beach on the west coast and loved it....

Goodbye October....Hello November with your cold, windy days and Autumn beauty still...

do we have u.s. snowbirds who winter in florida? 8 months 3 days ago #3192825

• Savvy
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1312
  • Honor Medal 2010
As a native I wil invite you to come on down, spend lots of money and return in the Summer. I am in the Northern end of the state and we have been having Spring like weather for the last month, everything is budding or blooming.

It is a great place to be as long as you go no further South than Broward County.

Save America, dump Trump.

do we have u.s. snowbirds who winter in florida? 8 months 3 days ago #3192883

• whycincy
  • Junior Buzzer
  • Junior Buzzer
  • Well said received: 38
I spend December down in FL and it was fortunate as the Mid West had that polar vortex or whatever they called it. I loved being out walking everyday, people were happy and friendly. Back home everyone complaining. When I came back the first thing I noticed was how miserable everyone looked so yes the snowbird things appeals to me plus I enjoy traveling and trying new things.

do we have u.s. snowbirds who winter in florida? 8 months 2 days ago #3193206

• ceabrm
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

PopsnTuff wrote:

ceabrm wrote: virginia here as well, hampton roads...spent 3 years in pensacola but wasnt thinking about the panhandle...more like ft myers area...less squitos, more gators :)

Shenandoah Valley here C about two hours from DC....I lived in Tampa back then....lots of retirees in St. Petersburg and Clearwater on the east coast near the Gulf...you may wanna look into that....dont know the current cost of living there tho in 2019....my folks lived for only one year in Boynton Beach on the west coast and loved it....

what a beautiful part of va! i wouldn't mind having a place there either, maybe just for the fall :)

• Page:
Moderators: Patsmikesmilesrus10pascalou
Time to create page: 0.219 seconds