Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
This category is closely linked with the social pages and is for Buzzers who want to make friends with others.

TOPIC: life after 60 and no I don't want to drink coffee and play bingo.

life after 60 and no I don't want to drink coffee and play bingo. 9 months 3 weeks ago #3034373

• spiritofspain
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 217
  • Honor Medal 2010
Oh my goodness all this expertise going to waste ….. if you are looking for a little bit of amusement, now that you have time on your hands ……...PLEASE don't forget local charities - they are always looking for volunteers.

I moved to Spain with my husband, we had a business, he died suddenly at just 58 … I sold the business 4 years later but at 53 wasn't ready to be put out to pasture.

Looked around and although I was in a 'foreign' country a major UK charity was very active and looking for volunteers
I now look after the books for a local branch - only takes an hour a week but crucially they have given me training to help train others for volunteer roles - I am loving it. :xxx:

So check out the local charities - they always need help … especially as social networking becomes more and more important …. if you know how to manipulate Facebook and the like PLEASE help the Charities to make the most of modern technology.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Sue 8pal

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Aspire to inspire before you expire

life after 60 and no I don't want to drink coffee and play bingo. 9 months 1 week ago #3039953

• Aries1950
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1186
  • Honor Medal 2010
I worked in a nursing home for 21 years. All the elderly ever did was play Bingo while drinking coffee. After that, they would sit around and wait for their daily bowel movement. :ohmy:

Remembering Harry Chapin 12/7/42-7/16/81
A Better Place to Be

It was an early morning bar room
And the place just opened up
And the little man come in so fast and
Started at his cup
And the broad who served the whisky
She was a big old friendly girl
And she tried to fight her empty nights
By smilin' at the world

life after 60 and no I don't want to drink coffee and play bingo. 7 months 3 weeks ago #3078424

• Fancicoffee
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I choose to enjoy life after 60 also. I like my coffee, a slice of pie a day, playing games at the senior center and making friends about my age, doing crafts, cooking and doing what I want. Within healthy boundaries. I like your post also.

life after 60 and no I don't want to drink coffee and play bingo. 7 months 3 weeks ago #3078448

• JUJO
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I am nowhere near 60 , but people who are 60,can lead a wonderful life,enjoy themselves,family,friends,do things they were unable to do years ago,travelling, the list could be endless,but very exciting.

life after 60 and no I don't want to drink coffee and play bingo. 3 weeks 3 days ago #3227408

• Tiggs
  • Senior Buzzer
  • Senior Buzzer
  • Well said received: 54
  • Honor Medal 2010
Whoa! Hang on a sec peeps who the hell says being over 60 means drinking tea/coffee & playing bingo! I’m 63 @ the end of this month. I still work (granted now part time by choice) commuting into the city & take part in several leisure activities & feel more alive than I did 20 years ago! I’m hoping to restart Argentine tango classes soon.
Age is in our heads if you develop a mindset that a certain age means you are past it then you will be. Yes, there are aches & pains here and there but I am amazed at the well of enthusiasm & thirst to learn new things that is still there. Clearly the brain doesn’t want to give up! Feed your passions & enthusiasm. The sense that time may be short can spur us on to discovering so many new things in the time we have left in this world.
The following user(s) said Well Said: MondayOptimist

life after 60 and no I don't want to drink coffee and play bingo. 3 weeks 2 days ago #3227760

• JUJO
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1007
  • Honor Medal 2010
Enjoy life,

Moderators: Patsmikesmilesrus10pascalou
Time to create page: 0.231 seconds