Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Dating websites

Dating websites 1 month 1 week ago #3708712

• Dennis 2
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 552
  • Honor Medal 2010
Be selfish GJ get involved in something you yourself really enjoy and look for others also involved, this day and time there are so many also wishing the same thing surely you have a hobby you enjoy look for groups involved in that they are out there there are so many just like you looking for the same thing my likes are some different than most than most being shooting matches, fishing, dog and livestock events, yet I found many also with these same interests just asking and I did not use a website to do it, I just asked and met my closest friend that way in a parking lot per her boot style. Very outdoor with dust on them from use. You just have to make it happen was exactly what I told myself, it worked out well for me. You probably have more varied interests so should be easier I would think. Eating places, grocery shopping, sporting goods stores, buying fuel for my truck, friends of friends you already have ask!
I have a meet a stranger a day trait here and try to do it daily if possible.
The following user(s) said Well Said: geeljay

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Schöne Dinge passieren in Ihrem Leben, wenn Sie sich distanzieren und negative Dinge und Menschen entfernen.
Last edit: by Dennis 2.

Dating websites 1 month 1 week ago #3708807

• geeljay
  • Senior Buzzer
  • Senior Buzzer
  • Well said received: 77
  • Honor Medal 2010
Yes, I mix quite freely. But I used to meet at discos or go to the odd dance, and that sort of took care of making friends. All in previous years was a way of life. I think I am now too young to die and too old for romance.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Aragon

Dating websites 1 month 6 days ago #3710197

• Dennis 2
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 552
  • Honor Medal 2010
Never to old to have a good friend .
The following user(s) said Well Said: TwistNShout, Vienna, JUJO

Schöne Dinge passieren in Ihrem Leben, wenn Sie sich distanzieren und negative Dinge und Menschen entfernen.

Dating websites 1 month 4 days ago #3711441

• JUJO
  • JUJO's Avatar Topic Author
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1425
  • Honor Medal 2010

geeljay wrote: Yes, I mix quite freely. But I used to meet at discos or go to the odd dance, and that sort of took care of making friends. All in previous years was a way of life. I think I am now too young to die and too old for romance.

geejay,
No one is forcing you into doing anything you feel uncomfortable about, but this is your life,you live your life in whatever way makes you feel good.
The following user(s) said Well Said: senile1

No home is complete without the pitter patter of kitty feet.

Dating websites 4 weeks 19 hours ago #3713974

• Aragon
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Well said received: 50
I have a friend who is a widow. She has an amazing ability to meet people anywhere she goes. She is an extrovert. She meets people in grocery stores and parking lots. I'm always amazed at how outgoing she is. She's like a magnet.

Last edit: by Aragon.

Dating websites 3 weeks 6 days ago #3714285

• JUJO
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Honor Medal 2010

Aragon wrote: I have a friend who is a widow. She has an amazing ability to meet people anywhere she goes. She is an extrovert. She meets people in grocery stores and parking lots. I'm always amazed at how outgoing she is. She's like a magnet.

Some people are very outgoing and some people are very quiet,

Dating websites 3 weeks 5 days ago #3715025

• Elias Mooseblaster
  • Senior Buzzer
  • Senior Buzzer
  • Well said received: 66
  • Honor Medal 2010
Dating sites are chock full of people who carry WAY too much emotional baggage and who are really just there because they're desperate. I wouldn't stoop to using a dating site if I was paid to.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Dennis 2, Jdempjr

Dating websites 3 weeks 3 days ago #3715705

• JUJO
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Honor Medal 2010

Elias Mooseblaster wrote: Dating sites are chock full of people who carry WAY too much emotional baggage and who are really just there because they're desperate. I wouldn't stoop to using a dating site if I was paid to.

I myself,have never used a dating site,but who knows,the people on the dating site could be lonely,genuine, looking for a friend,someone special,
Maybe some people don’t have any confidence to randomly go to a bar in the hope of meeting someone there.

Dating websites 3 weeks 3 days ago #3715725

• TwistNShout
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Well said received: 206
  • Honor Medal 2010

Elias Mooseblaster wrote: Dating sites are chock full of people who carry WAY too much emotional baggage and who are really just there because they're desperate. I wouldn't stoop to using a dating site if I was paid to.

That wasn't my experience, I heard the same about the pre-internet "computer dating" and newspaper "lonely hearts" adverts - and it wasn't true either then IMO.

In my experience most people are there because they wish to widen their search beyond their every day contacts, as we get older many people find that they are meeting less new people.

It is not for everybody, in the same way that some people find it easy to start a conversation with a complete stranger in person and other people do not.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Pats, Vienna, JUJO, Jdempjr

vivamus vitae non paenitenda

Dating websites 3 weeks 3 days ago #3715731

• MoonlitRoads63
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 493
  • Honor Medal 2010
I'm married so obviously don't go on dating websites.

If I was single and decided to use one, it would probably be the Buzz dating site. But I have always met people through life in general - work, pub, that sort of thing so don't have any experience of being on one.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Elias Mooseblaster, Jdempjr

Time waits for no one...
...and it won't wait for me
Moderators: mikePatssmilesrus10Pascalou
Time to create page: 0.214 seconds