Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Seniors dating

Seniors dating 9 months 4 days ago #3715022

• Elias Mooseblaster
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Well said received: 108
  • Honor Medal 2010

TwistNShout wrote: The only thing I would say is that I know a number of people whom were widowed in their fifties, if they do not have another relationship that is potentially a very long time to be alone.

It suits me down to the ground. I have no need whatsoever for a relationship now. it would provide me with nothing I need or want.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Seniors dating 7 months 3 weeks ago #3734751

• TwistNShout
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Elias Mooseblaster wrote:

TwistNShout wrote: The only thing I would say is that I know a number of people whom were widowed in their fifties, if they do not have another relationship that is potentially a very long time to be alone.

It suits me down to the ground. I have no need whatsoever for a relationship now. it would provide me with nothing I need or want.

As said, each of us have to know ourselves and live our life in the "best" way for ourselves. Until people are single it is hard to know what is right for them. Many people are like yourself and happy as they are, we have friends who don't want a relationship - they have a happy social life and having a partner wouldn't give them anything they need.

We also know a number of people whom are desperate for a relationship and it is sad that they can't seem to find the right person.

Seniors dating 7 months 3 weeks ago #3735107

• Elias Mooseblaster
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Honor Medal 2010

TwistNShout wrote: We also know a number of people whom are desperate for a relationship and it is sad that they can't seem to find the right person.

I often wonder what makes people so desperate for a relationship. I just can't understand it at all. Are they insecure? Needy? Who knows. I just can't relate to it at all.

Seniors dating 7 months 3 weeks ago #3735111

• TwistNShout
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

TwistNShout wrote: We also know a number of people whom are desperate for a relationship and it is sad that they can't seem to find the right person.

I often wonder what makes people so desperate for a relationship. I just can't understand it at all. Are they insecure? Needy? Who knows. I just can't relate to it at all.

Some people just operate better with someone else, or get miserable on their own. Some people really miss (and need) someone special to cuddle up to and share life with. We are all different.

Personally, I am perfectly happy with my own company but enjoy travelling and visiting places with someone else; I have friends whom are perfectly happy doing the same on their own. Neither of us are "wrong", we just have different needs.

Seniors dating 6 months 3 weeks ago #3747776

• man of kent
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Well said received: 124
  • Honor Medal 2010
We wrote - we met - 22 happy years together. - It worked for us.
The following user(s) said Well Said: TwistNShout, Keeper

MAGPIE.-- the bird

Seniors dating 6 months 3 weeks ago #3747793

• senile1
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 574
  • Honor Medal 2010
The first step to being able to have a successful relationship, is becoming comfortable and content with one's self, and only when one reaches this stage of contentment, then , and only then, are they ready to share a rewarding relationship with another.
Too many times we rush into relationships out of need, we do not want to be alone or we need support, or for whatever reason, but that is a relationship borne of need, and is usually rushed into for all the wrong reasons.A successful relationship is one built on mutual desire , compatibility, stemming from two who wish to share their life together, not because they have too, but because they want too.Yes , they grow to need one another, but the relationship is not borne of need, for they are within themselves, their is a bonus, not a requirement.
The following user(s) said Well Said: TwistNShout

Last edit: by senile1.

Seniors dating 6 months 3 weeks ago #3747965

• Elias Mooseblaster
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Honor Medal 2010

senile1 wrote: The first step to being able to have a successful relationship, is becoming comfortable and content with one's self, and only when one reaches this stage of contentment, then , and only then, are they ready to share a rewarding relationship with another...

It was at that point, when I became comfortable and content with myself, I became certain I didn't want a relationship at all any more. I see no point in a relationship at all. I don't need company, nor do I want to consider someone else's wants and needs any more. My recipe for a perfect life in old age is: Travel Light, Travel Single, Be content. I am certain many, many women feel the same way.

Seniors dating 6 months 3 weeks ago #3748211

• senile1
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 574
  • Honor Medal 2010

senile1 wrote: The first step to being able to have a successful relationship, is becoming comfortable and content with one's self, and only when one reaches this stage of contentment, then , and only then, are they ready to share a rewarding relationship with another...

It was at that point, when I became comfortable and content with myself, I became certain I didn't want a relationship at all any more. I see no point in a relationship at all. I don't need company, nor do I want to consider someone else's wants and needs any more. My recipe for a perfect life in old age is: Travel Light, Travel Single, Be content. I am certain many, many women feel the same way.

I too, prefer the single life, but my point is/was, not that one should have a relationship when they reach contentment within themselves, but if they so desire, they have reach a point to where they may have a successful relationship with the right person.

Seniors dating 6 months 5 days ago #3756519

• Hiero
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Well said received: 53
  • Honor Medal 2010

Aristotle also maintained, one becomes sociable by acting, thinking, and feeling sociably. In other words, you become what you practice.

Thus Jean-Paul Sartre has maintained that people are the sum total of their actions. Sartre maintains, end up defining themselves negatively as disappointed hopes, dreams, wishes, or expectations.
The following user(s) said Well Said: MooMoo

Last edit: by Hiero.
Moderators: mikePascalouPatsMoonlitRoads63
Time to create page: 0.078 seconds