Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Seniors dating

Seniors dating 8 months 3 weeks ago #3678335

• mugsprt
  • New Buzzer
  • New Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1
  • Honor Medal 2010
Myself, I am scared to death to try it again and I don't want to be someone's caretaker or triumph at night. I know there is a difference between dating and love.
If I would like to describe love it would be the Oreo commercial. Forget their selling cookies and watch the interaction.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by . Reason: Incorrect video posting format removed as per rules.

Seniors dating 8 months 1 day ago #3692069

• Elias Mooseblaster
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Well said received: 103
  • Honor Medal 2010
The potential complications in starting a new relationship at our time of life vastly outweigh any potential benefits. I most definitely am not going to be daft enough to become someone's carer, meal ticket or be some company for someone who is simply lonely. I enjoy my personal freedom too much to start considering what someone else wants, and since there's nothing I want or need from a woman anyway they are completely superfluous to me as a potential partner these days. A platonic friendship is fine though. I'm sure many women feel the same about men.

Seniors dating 7 months 2 weeks ago #3697621

• Aragon
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 105
I personally see little issue with remarriage and worries about assets. I think these things can be worked out in advance with some legal help. On its face, it does look daunting, but I am certain they are not insurmountable.

Seniors dating 6 months 4 weeks ago #3705326

• TwistNShout
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Well said received: 217
  • Honor Medal 2010

Aragon wrote: I personally see little issue with remarriage and worries about assets. I think these things can be worked out in advance with some legal help. On its face, it does look daunting, but I am certain they are not insurmountable.

It was one of the things that we went in to quite carefully before committing to marriage, both of us have properties and savings/pensions. We had a couple of chats with solicitors and legal advisors and had the outlines of our wills drawn up before our marriage as well as written instructions for if anything goes wrong. There is an issue whereby prenups are not automatically upheld under UK law, they are "normally" followed in the event of divorce but it does depend on how long the marriage is.

Basically, neither of us was looking for expecting to find love and marry again but having found each other we both wanted to make that public commitment to each other. Sometimes you just have to do what feels right for you.

vivamus vitae non paenitenda

Seniors dating 6 months 4 weeks ago #3705451

• sciguy18
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1525
  • Honor Medal 2010
After being alone for so long, I’ve gotten used to not having a romantic partner. I wouldn’t be averse to one if the situation arose, but I’m not looking for it. I would, however, enjoy some simple companionship on occasion.

Seniors dating 6 months 3 weeks ago #3705594

• JUJO
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
A person has to want to be in a relationship for the relationship to work, I am married, this is my first and only marriage, I would never marry again.
So god forbid if anything ever happened to my husband,I certainly will not be senior dating.

Seniors dating 6 months 3 weeks ago #3705960

• TwistNShout
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Well said received: 217
  • Honor Medal 2010
The only thing I would say is that I know a number of people whom were widowed in their fifties, if they do not have another relationship that is potentially a very long time to be alone.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Robin

vivamus vitae non paenitenda

Seniors dating 6 months 3 weeks ago #3706043

• JUJO
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

TwistNShout wrote: The only thing I would say is that I know a number of people whom were widowed in their fifties, if they do not have another relationship that is potentially a very long time to be alone.

I totally respect what you are saying,but I personally would not feel comfortable with someone else,this is my opinion,other people may think differently.

Seniors dating 6 months 3 weeks ago #3706046

• Rips
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1395
  • Honor Medal 2010
Barring accidents eventually till death us do part happens to every couple , making widows or widowers out of us.
I can’t see anything wrong in forming new relationships at any age.
The following user(s) said Well Said: TwistNShout, Dennis 2, Robin

Seniors dating 6 months 3 weeks ago #3706579

• Vienna
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1302
  • Honor Medal 2010

JUJO wrote:

TwistNShout wrote: The only thing I would say is that I know a number of people whom were widowed in their fifties, if they do not have another relationship that is potentially a very long time to be alone.

I totally respect what you are saying,but I personally would not feel comfortable with someone else,this is my opinion,other people may think differently.

I know several people who have lost their partners - some fairly young.
Not wanting to replace their partners, have grown to love living alone - and why not as it is perfectly normal.
They may not be looking for a partner, but sometimes things happen when you're least expecting it!
The following user(s) said Well Said: TwistNShout, Robin

Moderators: mikePascalouPatsMoonlitRoads63
Time to create page: 0.180 seconds