Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Older people dating

Older people dating 2 months 4 days ago #3591221

• Damaged Goods
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Well said received: 76
  • Honor Medal 2010

CAJ wrote: I have a divorced pal in her early 70s, she's extremely independent and happy on her own but when I mentioned finding someone for romance she said most men her (our) age just want a woman to look after them and see to their declining health. It seems a harsh judgement but I can see what she means.

My wife told me that some of her acquaintances in their 50s and 60s are looking for decrepit old guys -- provided that the old boys had secure pensions, such as retired military. Maybe these women were hoping to wed and then have a nice monthly widow's benefit.

Similarly, younger women she knew wanted them too, but their targets had to be "elderly gentlemen of means." Merely having a secure pension wasn't enough for them.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Older people dating 2 months 2 days ago #3591980

• JUJO
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1592
  • Honor Medal 2010
A lot of older people want friendship,companionship, not to be alone,someone to talk to,enjoy company with,
If this makes two people happy,go for it
The following user(s) said Well Said: ron french, TwistNShout, Dennis 2, Cats Meow

No home is complete without the pitter patter of kitty feet.

Older people dating 1 month 3 weeks ago #3595100

• hostmom123
  • New Buzzer
  • New Buzzer
  • Well said received: 4
I was widowed eight years ago and have dated on-and-off but it is hard to meet people during Covid. Tried sites and an app. I generate a lot of interest from the hinterlands far, far away. Not interested in long distance dating. Or dating (much) younger men. Or scammers. I used to say I was looking for age appropriate, normal and breathing. Not a lot of requirements there. Oddly enough hard to satisfy those three. People used to introduce friends who might be compatible. That's no longer done.
I'd like friendship, companionship and intimacy but not willing to go w FWB/NSA. I want more AND DESERVE IT.
The following user(s) said Well Said: ron french, TwistNShout, AM70, jeni

Older people dating 1 month 1 week ago #3600475

• Elias Mooseblaster
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Well said received: 241
I'm quite enjoying being single to be honest. The freedom is unbeatable. I have no need for a woman around the place and definitely have no interest in combining finances or one of us giving up a home to move in with the other. I much prefer doing whatever I like when I feel like doing it, and see no advantages whatsoever in starting a new relationship. Is it just company people want? Are they insecure?

Older people dating 1 day 52 minutes ago #3618770

• Frankie
  • Junior Buzzer
  • Junior Buzzer
  • Well said received: 82
  • Honor Medal 2010
I, on the other hand don't enjoy being single and would much prefer to have a woman around the house to chat to as and when.

Older people dating 15 hours 12 minutes ago #3619054

• Elias Mooseblaster
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Well said received: 241

Frankie wrote: I, on the other hand don't enjoy being single and would much prefer to have a woman around the house to chat to as and when.

Wow, doesn't sound like there's much in it for her! Not exactly romance and passion flowing from every syllable there, Frankie. You may need to up your game a bit if you want women beating your door down. :)

Last edit: by Elias Mooseblaster.
Moderators: mikePatssmilesrus10Pascalou
Time to create page: 0.195 seconds