Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Widows, widowers — when’s the right time to start dating?

Widows, widowers — when’s the right time to start dating? 2 months 3 weeks ago #3263778

• JUJO
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 2773
A person has to come to terms with being a widow/widower, that in itself is not easy,going from being a couple,to be on their own, from Us to I,
Some widows/widowers are contented to live alone, and not be in a relationship,this may not be the same for other widows/widowers,they could want a relationship, who knows when the best time is,Only you will know.
Just take things very slowly and be careful.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Meeooow

Please Log in to join the conversation.

No home is complete without the pitter patter of kitty feet.

Widows, widowers — when’s the right time to start dating? 2 months 3 weeks ago #3263917

• Coraline
  • Coraline's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Buzzer
  • Junior Buzzer
  • Well said received: 38
Great answers. It's a matter of listening to what feels right, whatever anyone else says. If I am careful and it feels like the right time, I'll go ahead and dabble my feet in the shallow end of the pool.

My husband and I would've wanted a happy life for the one left. Thanks Jujo and everyone else.
The following user(s) said Well Said: JUJO, Robert Grant

Widows, widowers — when’s the right time to start dating? 2 months 2 weeks ago #3267197

• JUJO
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
A person who is widowed has to adapt to going from a couple to single life.Living alone, cooking meals for one,watching television alone, but life doesn’t have to be doom and gloom, there are community centres that have classes who mature people attend, make friends,

Widows, widowers — when’s the right time to start dating? 2 months 1 week ago #3270703

• Back again
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Well said received: 209
  • Honor Medal 2010
Some don't want to join clubs, it's up to the person when they involve with people.
It took my six years before I could integrate with any one

Widows, widowers — when’s the right time to start dating? 2 months 1 week ago #3271020

• JUJO
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer

Back again wrote: Some don't want to join clubs, it's up to the person when they involve with people.
It took my six years before I could integrate with any one

Totally agree,

Widows, widowers — when’s the right time to start dating? 2 months 6 days ago #3274979

• Dennis 2
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 3746
  • Honor Medal 2010
When ever a person wants to but every day you don't is a day lost and l shorter of possibly being happy. Lots of good people out there wishing the same thing as you so just do it! Be forward never know till you ask, I have a meet a stranger a day trait and love it.

Last edit: by Dennis 2.

Widows, widowers — when’s the right time to start dating? 1 month 1 week ago #3291633

• weatherpoet
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Well said received: 221
Personally...immediately because I wouldn't want to waste a second trying to find happiness and also because I hate being on my own. For me, loving someone would be the only thing that really gives me purpose to life.

Widows, widowers — when’s the right time to start dating? 1 month 1 week ago #3291685

• Rips
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 5526
  • Honor Medal 2010
Hello I am sorry to hear of your loss .

Dating ...there is no right time as everyone is different , you will know when the time is right for you .
The following user(s) said Well Said: SimplyRobin, woodsaw, JUJO, BlushandOrchid

Widows, widowers — when’s the right time to start dating? 1 month 3 days ago #3297141

• Joill
  • New Buzzer
  • New Buzzer
  • Well said received: 4
Don’t follow any pattern or worry about other opinions. It’s your life, do as it when it will make you happy, not others. This may be easier said than done for some people. Good luck.

Widows, widowers — when’s the right time to start dating? 3 weeks 3 days ago #3303711

• woodsaw
  • Away
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Well said received: 84
  • Honor Medal 2010
I am very recently Widowed and want friendship and shared time, this is not a sudden thing I have cared many years for my wife now out of perpetual pain! the feeling is strong of so little time left for me to live any life! some might see this odd or even worse, I have given all I could and now think I need to have some happy times:xxx: I would love to hug again.

Moderators: mikePatssmilesrus10pascalou
Time to create page: 0.222 seconds