Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Online dating - For Winners or Losers?

Online dating - For Winners or Losers? 1 year 1 month ago #2850317

• Mike
  • Mike's Avatar Topic Author
  • Admin
  • Admin
  • Well said received: 1686
  • Honor Medal 2010
Online dating is a relative newcomer to the dating scene but is it for winners or losers?

It is for both, as it is a tool that can be used by all.

Online dating has finally lost the stigma that it used to have. It is now talked about quite openly by both young and old, including seniors over 50, men and women.
So how is it suited for both winners and losers?

Because it is a tool and a tool is only as good as the person who is using it; you, the dater.

To be a winner at online dating you need to research, plan, prepare and execute you tasks just like you would approach any other important task that you undertake and what could be more important than the task of finding yourself a new dating partner?

Read more here on our sister site, Buzz50 Dating!

buzz50.co.uk/blog/102-online-dating-is-it-for-winners-or-losers

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Mike
Site Admin
Head Buzzer !

We have an amazing over 50 senior friendship and dating service that is worth a try!
Mila and I did!
Last Edit: by Mike.

Online dating - For Winners or Losers? 1 year 1 month ago #2850495

• JUJO
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 6255
Those willing to try,can only but try.

Do I believe in love at first sight?
Absolutely,
I fall in love with every cat I see.

Online dating - For Winners or Losers? 1 year 1 month ago #2850706

• RubySea
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I think online dating is a very wise path to choose when one is ready to make that jump back into mature dating. And, if I were single, I would feel no shame using this manner of meeting possible partners. Actually, it is far better means to get to know people than the method I used in my youth, which was to choose or accept probable partners based on my level of attraction. Obviously I have grown up since then. Now I would much rather get to know someone through shared writing. Life experiences and painful mistakes have taught me that the attraction born of real connection and communication would be much preferred and substantial than a relationship produced by sexual attraction. I have not had any experience with online dating so I don't know how much time is spent in written communication prior to meeting. However, I imagine it varies. But if I had my choice I would prefer to get know potential suiters gradually through writing. It would certainly be a new approach for me. But it would be effective, mature and necessary if I were to enter the dating world again. Now I know authentic, lasting attraction is created by genuine, deep connection, real conversations that lead to shared discovery of ideology, values and true life perspectives. And, I believe honest communication through writing would be, at least for me, the best avenue to choose when contemplating dating again.

Last Edit: by RubySea.

Online dating - For Winners or Losers? 1 year 1 month ago #2850751

• LindaJoon
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 453
  • Honor Medal 2010
That sounds ideal, RubySea although if someone wants to get to know someone else gradually through writing, maybe join a penpal site and not a dating site because I can't imagine many men who join dating sites are looking for a penpal. Maybe I'm wrong of course.

Online dating - For Winners or Losers? 1 year 2 weeks ago #2868589

• PopsnTuff
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 11260
  • Honor Medal 2010
Just ended a three-month relationship online....when an everyday chat skips one day, then two, then three, with no reason or feedback from the absent party, its time to call it quits.....even after asking 'are you okay, and where are you"? Makes one feel abandoned with no recourse but to think the worst, and that is....
they're a fraud! Warning - don't get the emotions too involved until you both meet in person ;) which we never did......

Ladies beware! This dude is on the Buzz site! Be careful in whom you chat with.

Fyi, If you see a wisecracker responding to my post, you'll know who he is.....
The following user(s) said Well Said: Right Now, senile1

Goodbye November, hello December....with all your twinkling lights and winter beauty upon us.....
Last Edit: by PopsnTuff.

Online dating - For Winners or Losers? 1 year 2 weeks ago #2868717

• TwistNShout
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1537
  • Honor Medal 2010
Online dating is as Mike says a tool for meeting people you wouldn't in real life and therefore widening your search. However there are pitfalls, people pretending to be some one they're not or trying to trick you. Plus it can be a troll zone, with some blokes messaging people just to insult their photo.

I know it is easier said than done but you need to think carefully about those you're chatting to, most are genuine but some are after money etc.
The following user(s) said Well Said: PopsnTuff, senile1

vivamus vitae non paenitenda

Online dating - For Winners or Losers? 9 months 2 weeks ago #2931819

• sciguy18
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 345
  • Honor Medal 2010
I have not had any luck with online dating.

Having many people read your profile, but not a one contacting you, can be very frustrating.

Likewise when you contact someone and they do not reply.

I guess it may be beneficial for some, but it has not been for me...

Re:Online dating - For Winners or Losers? 9 months 2 weeks ago #2931822

• Whiterose
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Very tough to tell between people who really want a good relationship or just a hook up...but if you don't try you can't win

Sent from my LG-K425 using Tapatalk

Online dating - For Winners or Losers? 4 months 1 day ago #3037745

• R00ster
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
a quick thanks ect is what I've done. It's polite and I don't like rude

Online dating - For Winners or Losers? 4 months 1 day ago #3037768

• Aussienan
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 497
  • Honor Medal 2010
Not for me not that I need it even if I was on my own I don't think I'd use it,but if you have the need I don't see the harm.

• Page:
Moderators: MikePatssmilesrus10pascalou
Time to create page: 0.121 seconds

Over 50 forums just for seniors Join Free here!

Buzz50 is one of the few sites where the forums are strictly restricted to those who are over 50 only.

Our senior forums are run by over 50s purely for over 50s to enjoy. If you like serious or even light hearted discussions then this is the place for you.