Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Online safety is really important and this category is devoted to our safety both online and in particular here on Buzz50

• Page:

TOPIC: New Scam, sending text to my mobile phone saying they EVRI delivery firm

New Scam, sending text to my mobile phone saying they EVRI delivery firm 4 months 3 weeks ago #3845480

• Keeper
  • Keeper's Avatar Topic Author
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1272
  • Honor Medal 2010
New scam sending texts to my mobile phone middle of night. Text says they are EVRI the delivery firm and that I owe money on a parcel. Amount of money owed is £1.45, and if I don't pay it parcel will go back to sender. AM NOT EXPECTING A PARCEL.

On EVRI delivery firm website is notice also on
www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/evri-warning-...mishing-b997658.html
Evri warning over phishing text message scam: How to report and what is smishing?

People should be wary of a text message claiming to be from delivery service Evri

People are urged to be wary of a scam text claiming to be from delivery service Evri, as scammers are reportedly trying to steal victims’ payment details.

Florence Trust, which reports on website scams, warned its readers of the Evri text message scam in April.

But what is the Evri text scam? This is what to be on the lookout for...........

The scammers say the redelivery fee is £1.45 and the text includes a link to a fake Evri website (evri-redelivery.com), where victims of the scam can enter their bank details.

What is Evri?

Evri is a delivery service formerly known as Hermes–the delivery firm rebranded in March 2022 with a new name and logo. While the new name may be unfamiliar, Evri is a legitimate delivery company.

I have been texted, on my mobile phone, twice now this morning, (middle of night)....beware

uk phone numbers used are
+447593215960 also
+447842680340

They may of course use other numbers for this scam

Please Log in to join the conversation.

PEACE to the world
Last edit: by Keeper.

New Scam, sending text to my mobile phone saying they EVRI delivery firm 4 months 3 weeks ago #3845487

• habibi
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Well said received: 205
  • Honor Medal 2010
Hi Keeper smile.png

I've had about 3 or 4 of these texts in the past week. All from different numbers and none from the numbers you listed.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Keeper

In Sandra's name we must follow the rules of lockdown and social distancing to get through this nightmare.

New Scam, sending text to my mobile phone saying they EVRI delivery firm 4 months 3 weeks ago #3845491

• senile1
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 416
  • Honor Medal 2010
It happens everyday all around the world by different scammers, I would just ignore it.

New Scam, sending text to my mobile phone saying they EVRI delivery firm 4 months 3 weeks ago #3845495

• sciguy18
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 825
  • Honor Medal 2010
It happens on occasion and I just block the number and delete.

New Scam, sending text to my mobile phone saying they EVRI delivery firm 4 months 3 weeks ago #3845547

• Aida
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1214
  • Honor Medal 2010
Thank you for alerting us Keeper.

Last edit: by Aida.

New Scam, sending text to my mobile phone saying they EVRI delivery firm 4 months 2 weeks ago #3845689

• Keeper
  • Keeper's Avatar Topic Author
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1272
  • Honor Medal 2010
Below find website URL on how to deal with fishing scams supposedly from EVRI which used to be Hermes.. This is a legit website giving you information about these scams

www.evri.com/cyber-security

On the national newspaper EXPRESS website it informs readers of scams using the names
DHL . EVRI. AND DPD, as well as from a so called Finance Company

Below is another legitimate website URL giving you information about these scams and what to do to try stop these happening.
www.express.co.uk/finance/personalfinanc...d-delivery-scams-ifl
Worth a read, and NEVER CLICK ON ONE OF THESE TEXTS, ALSO COME IN VOICE

Phishing is a low-cost operation that simply needs people to be convinced to click on the links and follow the instructions. There are over 11 million reported phishing scams every year in the UK to the National Cyber Security Centre (NCSC).
This is a Government organisation focused on preventing scams and removing scam sites.

Well worth reading this article, you have the website URL above, and in the article it tells you, first DO NOT CLICK ON THIS spam, Then it gives information of other Companies being used for this scam purpose. Read it. It tells how you can report the number to the Government trying to stop this happening.

PEACE to the world
Last edit: by Keeper.

New Scam, sending text to my mobile phone saying they EVRI delivery firm 4 months 2 weeks ago #3845766

• Summerdancing
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Well said received: 283
  • Honor Medal 2010
Ahhhhhhhhhhhh the endless variety of scams. The one I keep getting is about my Netlix account--or at least the account associated with my phone number. Trouble is, I don't have netflix account. Oh, and then my cell phone carrier has made an error and overcharged me. Ummm, nope.

And so it goes on..... jeeesh. But I'm guessing someone falls for these somewhere.

Thank you for keeping us vigilant.

• Page:
Moderators: mikePatsMoonlitRoads63
Time to create page: 0.066 seconds