Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Online safety is really important and this category is devoted to our safety both online and in particular here on Buzz50

• Page:

TOPIC: The "Windows corporation"

The "Windows corporation" 1 month 6 days ago #3651301

• Minnesota Mike
  • Minnesota Mike's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Buzzer
  • Senior Buzzer
  • Well said received: 88
I have received this a few times over the years, but after a long pause they have returned.

A caller from the "Windows corporation" claims that his company has done repair work on your computer several months ago. They seem to assume that we might be so confused that we will take their word for it, even if we have no recollection of dealing with that company.

I have never allowed them to get much beyond their opening line, so I am not sure what comes next. They do mention a check for several hundred dollars. Maybe they are going to say there was something wrong with the check and could you please write them a new one.

But what I found amusing is this: in the past, the voice on the phone was definitely American. But in the call a few days ago, the guy was clearly in India.

So, even employees of scammers have lost their jobs as their company outsources to India!
The following user(s) said Well Said: Bruce

Please Log in to join the conversation.

The older I get, the more I value kindness.

The "Windows corporation" 1 month 6 days ago #3651316

• habibi
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Well said received: 454
  • Honor Medal 2010
Hi Mike smile.png

I has a call from "windows" years ago about my computer, I told caller I didn't have a computer and there were no more calls.

In Sandra's name we must follow the rules of lockdown and social distancing to get through this nightmare.

The "Windows corporation" 4 weeks 1 day ago #3654147

• Minnesota Mike
  • Minnesota Mike's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Buzzer
  • Senior Buzzer
  • Well said received: 88

habibi wrote: Hi Mike smile.png

I has a call from "windows" years ago about my computer, I told caller I didn't have a computer and there were no more calls.

When they first called me years ago, I told them the same thing. I have had the call a few times since, spread out years apart.

The older I get, the more I value kindness.

The "Windows corporation" 4 days 4 hours ago #3666510

• man of kent
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Well said received: 133
  • Honor Medal 2010
I get `silent calls` . The reason I think for them is ` They are paying a person to phone to see If you are in
(house occupied) - then they can call later - or sell the information on.
The other reason `All the calls are automatic`. These calls are always a dozen numbers long. This is in England.

` Silent calls` seem only - 7 rings long

MAGPIE.-- the bird
  • Page:
Moderators: Pascaloumike
Time to create page: 0.193 seconds