Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Online safety is really important and this category is devoted to our safety both online and in particular here on Buzz50

• Page:

TOPIC: TalkTalk Virgin any internet supplier scam.

TalkTalk Virgin any internet supplier scam. 2 months 4 weeks ago #3651079

• Bruce
  • Bruce's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1605
  • Honor Medal 2010
Ok I have had about 5 phone calls to my landline from scammers pretending to be Talk Talk engineers lol
Last one not long back I told them I haven't got TalkTalk but do have Virgin (I don't) and no lie they rang back but this time it was a Indian sounding woman within 2 minutes Hi (no name) I am from Virgin about your internet, lol When I said go on them prove your not a scammer and I will listen she just ended the call lol.
They don't sound the best scammers but just be careful as they normally work as a team and one of their crooked team might be convincing.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Keeper, Aida

Please Log in to join the conversation.

LIVERPOOL FC PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPIONS EUROPEAN CHAMPIONS AND WORLD CLUB CUP CHAMPIONS 2019-2020

TalkTalk Virgin any internet supplier scam. 2 months 4 weeks ago #3651785

• JUJO
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1550
  • Honor Medal 2010
Are you able to block the number? That is what I do

No home is complete without the pitter patter of kitty feet.

TalkTalk Virgin any internet supplier scam. 2 months 4 weeks ago #3651789

• Sirfurryanimal
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Well said received: 421
  • Honor Medal 2010
Which reminds me no one has called to tell me BT are cutting off the Internet in my area recently!

The Cornish Pasty

TalkTalk Virgin any internet supplier scam. 2 months 4 weeks ago #3651802

• Bruce
  • Away
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Honor Medal 2010

JUJO wrote: Are you able to block the number? That is what I do

I don't know to be honest, I do enjoy listening to their waffle and then playing along so they get all excited, When I get bored I just tell them Mate I am bored now I know your a scammer and I have recorded everything you said and have been tracing you as we speak now I have all that information and I know where you are and I am going now and passing it on to the police, You should hear the but oh err scammer sir oh err click phone goes down. lol it is funny to me but not funny to the people who they do scare and scam.
They haven't rang back since I told them I was on to them and have it recorded.
Maybe the way I do it will make them think twice before trying their luck with others although I doubt it these parasites haven't got any consideration for anyone but themselves.
The following user(s) said Well Said: JUJO

LIVERPOOL FC PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPIONS EUROPEAN CHAMPIONS AND WORLD CLUB CUP CHAMPIONS 2019-2020

TalkTalk Virgin any internet supplier scam. 2 months 3 weeks ago #3652540

• senile1
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1891
  • Honor Medal 2010
I love to mess with them. Recently I received a call That I could get reduced interest on my discover/ Mastercard, so when they require as to my name and so forth, I reply, " How do you know if I qualify or even have the cards you are offering reduced rates on if you don't know my name?". Guess I'm just bored< I will tie them up as long as I can.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Bruce, Duke

TalkTalk Virgin any internet supplier scam. 2 months 3 weeks ago #3652611

• Bruce
  • Away
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Honor Medal 2010
Had one this morning some Indian sounding woman asking for my wife by her maiden name!
This woman said she is from the RAC and she is offering half price membership of the RAC and all the wife had to do was give her her card details including the 3 digit code from the back of the card and she could set it up.

They must think she was born yesterday. Give me your card details and trust me! I don't thinks so. when the wife asked how do I know your not a scammer? and I will ring the RAC and ask then first, the call went dead.........surprise surprise.

TalkTalk Virgin any internet supplier scam. 2 months 3 weeks ago #3653586

• vpl
  • Junior Buzzer
  • Junior Buzzer
  • Well said received: 101
  • Honor Medal 2010
When I receive telephone calls from scammers I always reply 'Don't know how you are managing to contact me as I don't have a telephone and you have just come through on my Ouija board'.
They never ring back!
Wonder why?
The following user(s) said Well Said: Serena77, Bruce

TalkTalk Virgin any internet supplier scam. 1 month 3 weeks ago #3670144

• Elspeth
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Well said received: 450
  • Honor Medal 2010
I don't answer my landline at all and with my mobile, only if I recognise the number.

If it is genuine and important, they'll leave a message and if it is an "Amazon are going to take money out of your account" type thing I just ignore it. They can't get money out of me....I'm Scottish remember and have a reputation to keep!

My landline is set to go onto the answer machine after 2 rings and, guess what? - nobody leaves a message.

Rarely get any calls now.

TalkTalk Virgin any internet supplier scam. 1 month 3 weeks ago #3670169

• Serena77
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 11690
  • Honor Medal 2010

vpl wrote: When I receive telephone calls from scammers I always reply 'Don't know how you are managing to contact me as I don't have a telephone and you have just come through on my Ouija board'.
They never ring back!
Wonder why?

That's a classic.. love it! :laugh:
The following user(s) said Well Said: Keeper

"money buys everything,
but ............common sense."
  • Page:
Moderators: Pascaloumike
Time to create page: 0.231 seconds