Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Online safety is really important and this category is devoted to our safety both online and in particular here on Buzz50

TOPIC: Scam telephone calles and Emails. Do you get them? How do you deal with them?

Scam telephone calles and Emails. Do you get them? How do you deal with them? 1 week 4 days ago #3623927

• Keeper
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 2850
  • Honor Medal 2010
We have Caller Number display on our landline phone, and the last "scam call" number began with 00 I am in the UK and there is not UK number beginning with 00. This means it is an international call. So I wrote down the number and went online "who is calling me".......and put in that number......it came from a village outside Rome.

We never answer an unknown phone number that displays on our landline phone.............if we did, we have a Call Blocker plugged in to phone, and as long as they are on the line, hit the big red button and they are blocked, whether on a mobile phone, or landline, or computer generated number. BUT.......they come back just changing one digit.
So now we do not answer unknown numbers.

Those guys in that video must have lots of time on their hands to waste..
The following user(s) said Well Said: cahoots

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Scam telephone calles and Emails. Do you get them? How do you deal with them? 1 week 18 hours ago #3625492

• Pascalou
  • Admin
  • Admin
  • Well said received: 3359
  • Honor Medal 2010
A great video about scammers trying to scam a police officer
scammers scamming the police
The following user(s) said Well Said: cahoots, habibi, Keeper

Smile to life and life will smile back at you.

Scam telephone calles and Emails. Do you get them? How do you deal with them? 1 week 16 hours ago #3625587

• Aida
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 3403
  • Honor Medal 2010
Beware of the latest scam that sends e mails and texts supposedly from a parcel track and trace service that asks you to download information in order to trace parcels you have ordered. Don’t click on the link.

We have BT caller display and subscribe to a BT call blocking service that allows you to block a nuisance number by dialling a number to add the caller to a nuisance list. The problem is they carry on calling using several different numbers.
The following user(s) said Well Said: cahoots, Keeper

I have measured out my life with coffee spoons....
Last edit: by Aida.

Scam telephone calles and Emails. Do you get them? How do you deal with them? 1 week 9 hours ago #3625748

• habibi
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Well said received: 430
  • Honor Medal 2010

Pascalou wrote: A great video about scammers trying to scam a police officer
scammers scamming the police

Hi Pasky smile.png

That is brilliant lol thanks for sharing.
The following user(s) said Well Said: cahoots

In Sandra's name we must follow the rules of lockdown and social distancing to get through this nightmare.

Scam telephone calles and Emails. Do you get them? How do you deal with them? 6 days 18 hours ago #3626022

• JaneyB
  • Junior Buzzer
  • Junior Buzzer
  • Well said received: 30
  • Honor Medal 2010

Aida wrote: Beware of the latest scam that sends e mails and texts supposedly from a parcel track and trace service that asks you to download information in order to trace parcels you have ordered. Don’t click on the link.

I had one in the form of a text a few weeks ago, and as I was expecting a package did click on it, and even paid the £3. but of course it was a scam. But no money was taken.

Scam telephone calles and Emails. Do you get them? How do you deal with them? 5 days 25 minutes ago #3626886

• Bessie
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1329
  • Honor Medal 2010
ignore the phone calls. and delete the e mails! they are a pain. but it seems no one wants to be bothered to do anything more to stop this kind of thing.. :dry:

Life's Too Short To Be Serious!!
...my smilies have escaped!

Scam telephone calles and Emails. Do you get them? How do you deal with them? 1 day 22 minutes ago #3628721

• Aries1950
  • Away
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 742
  • Honor Medal 2010
Just the phone calls. I never answer them.

BASEBALL IS HERE! Spring Training first, and then the season starts!

Scam telephone calles and Emails. Do you get them? How do you deal with them? 1 day ago #3628736

• Freya
  • Junior Buzzer
  • Junior Buzzer
  • Well said received: 18
Emails - block
Phone Calls - I tend to tell them I am a dry cleaning company, and how may I help them ! Then subsequently place the number on a block list.

Moderators: Pascaloumike
Time to create page: 0.204 seconds