Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Online safety is really important and this category is devoted to our safety both online and in particular here on Buzz50

TOPIC: Scam telephone calles and Emails. Do you get them? How do you deal with them?

Scam telephone calles and Emails. Do you get them? How do you deal with them? 2 weeks 2 days ago #3611475

• Sirfurryanimal
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 668
  • Honor Medal 2010

QuinTSensual wrote: Does anyone know what the SILENT telephone calls are all about?
I get them soon after firing up the puter. They must cost someone somewhere, with no apparent purposeful advantage!

They probably dial hundreds of numbers at once....and don’t have enough people who deal with those who do answer.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

The Cornish Pasty

Scam telephone calles and Emails. Do you get them? How do you deal with them? 2 weeks 9 hours ago #3612303

• Butterfly123
  • Away
  • Junior Buzzer
  • Junior Buzzer
  • Well said received: 25
  • Honor Medal 2010
I had a scam text sent to my mobile yesterday saying I had not fully completed my online census form and they asked me to log onto a bogus site to complete it.

Scam telephone calles and Emails. Do you get them? How do you deal with them? 2 weeks 56 minutes ago #3612417

• Hoot N Annie
  • Away
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Well said received: 113
If it wasn't for span emails and phone calls I wouldn't have any social life at all. In just the past few days I have become close personal friends with several Nigerian Princes and a number of folks who want to help me get my vehicle repaired.

And of course, a lot of emails from nubile young ladies that are looking for love from a 70+ fella like me.

Scam telephone calles and Emails. Do you get them? How do you deal with them? 1 week 2 hours ago #3615650

• Denisovitch
  • New Buzzer
  • New Buzzer
  • Well said received: 10
First off...Hoot N Annie...that was absolutely hilarious...I nearly spat my coffee all over my keyboard :laugh:
I've not had too many nubile young uns so far but hey ho there is always the hope!

I've had two attempted scams in the last week:
1. A text from Royal Mail telling me my parcel was at a sorting office but I had to pay £1.99 to get it...interesting, as of course I haven't ordered anything and even if I had I ain't going to go online and make a payment to 'Royal mail' to get it.
2. A text from gov.uk telling me I was entitled to a Covid payment of over £300.

How stupid would you have to be to fall for any of these? I know some of the scammers are very crafty but come on!

There was something on the radio the other day....some people have received emails that look like they come from their bosses at work. The email asks them to go and buy google gift cards as a favour to the boss and their money will be refunded by work. When you have bought them you are to send an email with the gift card codes so the 'boss' can gift them to clients.
One young woman spent over £1300 on the cards I one afternoon and of course lost it all.

I do feel a little sympathy but again come on....would you do that? I know I wouldn't. Now the young lady is blaming the shops for selling her the cards?
The following user(s) said Well Said: Hoot N Annie

Scam telephone calles and Emails. Do you get them? How do you deal with them? 6 days 2 hours ago #3616255

• man of kent
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Well said received: 196
  • Honor Medal 2010
The `silent calls ` are to see if anyone answers them - then they may sell the information on.
I put the phone down - picking it up again dial - 1572 - to DELETE IT ( that`s with B.T. in Britain )
They always have dozens of other phone `s to phone - YOU...

MAGPIE.-- the bird

Scam telephone calles and Emails. Do you get them? How do you deal with them? 4 days 20 hours ago #3616951

• kingfisher
  • Senior Buzzer
  • Senior Buzzer
  • Well said received: 47
They seem to be on the increase, at first I took notice of them but now I laugh them off.

Scam telephone calles and Emails. Do you get them? How do you deal with them? 4 days 20 hours ago #3616962

• Dollie
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Well said received: 104
I have call safe, so anyone who calls me will first have to give their name and press hash before the call is then put thru to me, this usually puts off sales calls etc..as it’s too bothersome and time consuming.

Never take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night !!
Moderators: Pascaloumike
Time to create page: 0.237 seconds