Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Online safety is really important and this category is devoted to our safety both online and in particular here on Buzz50

• Page:

TOPIC: email impersonation

email impersonation 1 month 1 week ago #3734278

• Aida
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1593
  • Honor Medal 2010
Several people in our village had an e mail from a prominent member if the Village Hall Committee saying he was stuck in Spain and couldn’t get access to his bank account after being robbed. They wanted information and money. As we opened the e mail , he went walking past our house with his dogs !
The following user(s) said Well Said: Maryjoolz, Keeper, Rips

Please Log in to join the conversation.

What will survive of us is love.

email impersonation 1 month 1 week ago #3734296

• Bruce
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1491
  • Honor Medal 2010
Any email in that form foreign country asking for money it is always a scam.

I had one a few years back saying I was related to a Nigerian Royal lol If I send an amount of money to a certain account then they can pay for the process get me registered with the Royal Family and introduced to my long lost relatives, but of course it has to be me who does it with all my details and parting with my money!
I just replied and said Oh wow I am so excited I can hardly contain myself I am bouncing here so much now all I have to do is convince the Warden in my mental instituiton to let me send the money then when I am royal I can get out of here and come on over to Nigeria, Is it ok if I share my hobby? I like to eat people but it is ok I am part werewolf.

They never got back to me for whatever reason. :laugh:
The following user(s) said Well Said: QuinTSensual

email impersonation 1 month 1 week ago #3734299

• MoonlitRoads63
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 825
  • Honor Medal 2010

Bruce wrote: Any email in that form foreign country asking for money it is always a scam.

I had one a few years back saying I was related to a Nigerian Royal lol If I send an amount of money to a certain account then they can pay for the process get me registered with the Royal Family and introduced to my long lost relatives, but of course it has to be me who does it with all my details and parting with my money!
I just replied and said Oh wow I am so excited I can hardly contain myself I am bouncing here so much now all I have to do is convince the Warden in my mental instituiton to let me send the money then when I am royal I can get out of here and come on over to Nigeria, Is it ok if I share my hobby? I like to eat people but it is ok I am part werewolf.

They never got back to me for whatever reason. :laugh:

Excellent :laugh: :laugh:

Time waits for no one...
...and it won't wait for me

email impersonation 1 month 1 week ago #3734492

• bluegrassmusicfan
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Well said received: 210
  • Honor Medal 2010
I have been getting dire e-mails about how my PayPal, Amazon, and Amazon Prime accounts are now "suspended" because I didn't reply to their (many BS) prior messages they needed to re-verify my identity..

This is funny,.....because I have never HAD a PayPal, Amazon Prime, or Amazon account....:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
The following user(s) said Well Said: Bruce

Last edit: by bluegrassmusicfan.

email impersonation 1 month 1 week ago #3734516

• Keeper
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1862
  • Honor Medal 2010
Just add their address to your blocked list

email impersonation 1 month 1 week ago #3734517

• Bruce
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1491
  • Honor Medal 2010

bluegrassmusicfan wrote: I have been getting dire e-mails about how my PayPal, Amazon, and Amazon Prime accounts are now "suspended" because I didn't reply to their (many BS) prior messages they needed to re-verify my identity..

This is funny,.....because I have never HAD a PayPal, Amazon Prime, or Amazon account....:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just send emails back and say thanks for contacting me I know your a scammer and I have now hacked your system by backtracking your email ip details and no the vpn doesn't work and guess what? when you switch off your machine or have to reboot it everything is going to dissapear the second you re-open it lol have fun.

Obviously it won't but I bet they won't risk trying it and think the day I let this phone die or the day that machine needs rebooting it is ruined, put the scare ball back in their court lol. I bet they won't contact you again.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Keeper

email impersonation 1 month 1 week ago #3734536

• habibi
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Well said received: 380
  • Honor Medal 2010
I've had emails from "PayPal" about my account, they look genuine but I've never opened a PayPal account. The emails don't ask for money, they tell me I've spent money.

In Sandra's name we must follow the rules of lockdown and social distancing to get through this nightmare.

email impersonation 1 month 1 week ago #3735404

• Elspeth
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Well said received: 175
  • Honor Medal 2010

habibi wrote: I've had emails from "PayPal" about my account, they look genuine but I've never opened a PayPal account. The emails don't ask for money, they tell me I've spent money.

I too had one alluding to be from PayPal and it looked genuine however the wording just didn't seem right. I didn't click on it and I went into my PayPal account via my browser to see that they hadn't frozen the account etc., as they'd said in the email. I contacted PayPal via my account to inform them and they responded, doing a full check on my account, letting me know that everything was ok. I also sent them on the said dodgy email so they could investigate further.

Don't click on email links. If you do have an account, go in via your own browser to check it out.
The following user(s) said Well Said: habibi

email impersonation 1 month 1 week ago #3735506

• Rips
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1486
  • Honor Medal 2010
Has anyone else received emails with your own email address as the sender :ohmy:

Last edit: by Rips.

email impersonation 1 month 3 days ago #3736965

• Aragon
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Well said received: 59
No. I have never seen this.

• Page:
Moderators: Pascaloumike
Time to create page: 0.240 seconds