Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Online safety is really important and this category is devoted to our safety both online and in particular here on Buzz50

• Page:

TOPIC: VPN Problems with hiding your location

VPN Problems with hiding your location 2 weeks 16 hours ago #3341279

• Sirfurryanimal
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 4006
  • Honor Medal 2010
I have VPN purely to access sites that I can’t get by being in Britain-mainly to watch sporting events.I would have it turned on all the time but Buzz won’t let you use one.Other forums I am on do.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

The Cornish Pasty

VPN Problems with hiding your location 2 weeks 16 hours ago #3341280

• oldal
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 3132
  • Honor Medal 2010

Sharkey wrote:

PEOPLE NEED TO READ BUZZ50 RULES !

12. Your IP address may be recorded to assist with keeping our site safe. Anonymous IP addresses or the use of a 'Proxy' to hide your IP address is not permitted. This also means VPN's

Makes me wonder if people understand the problems they cause using a free VPN ?

"THEY ALL LEAK DNS YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED"

Not sure that is right, I use VPN frequently for privacy reasons. The service I use allows access through many different countries/areas. I can connect to Buzz with VPN from some of these but others are access denied. The providers use many different ip addresses, if one of these has been banned on Buzz in the past, you would not be able to use it to access Buzz. If the VPN ip address has not been by Buzz, it will work fine on Buzz.
T

................oldal................
“If the wind will not serve, take to the oars. “

VPN Problems with hiding your location 2 weeks 16 hours ago #3341282

• Sharkey
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 11577
  • Honor Medal 2010

oldal wrote:

Sharkey wrote:

12. Your IP address may be recorded to assist with keeping our site safe. Anonymous IP addresses or the use of a 'Proxy' to hide your IP address is not permitted. This also means VPN's

Not sure that is right, I use VPN frequently for privacy reasons. The service I use allows access through many different countries/areas. I can connect to Buzz with VPN from some of these but others are access denied. The providers use many different ip addresses, if one of these has been banned on Buzz in the past, you would not be able to use it to access Buzz. If the VPN ip address has not been by Buzz, it will work fine on Buzz.
T

So what you not sure about on my post Al ??????????????????? I have not said you can not connect to anywhere
with a VPN . What i am saying is they are not safe and not allowed on Buzz50
So you're admitting to using a VPN on Buzz .

Last edit: by Sharkey.

VPN Problems with hiding your location 2 weeks 16 hours ago #3341291

• oldal
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Honor Medal 2010

Sharkey wrote:

oldal wrote:

Sharkey wrote:

T

So what you not sure about on my post Al ??????????????????? I have not said you can not connect to anywhere
So your admitting:laugh: to using a VPN on Buzz

Yes, I have used VPN on buzz when I forgot to turn it off. On my service, the IP address for Toronto Canida must have been banned by Buzz in the past because I cannot access buzz when it is active. However, the IP address for Montreal Canada works fine. There a few times I use VPN on Buzz intentionally, that is when a link will not work because of my location. Then using a VPN IP in UK allows me to access the link. I've never seen a rule on Buzz that says you can't use VPNs. If there is one please show me.

Last edit: by oldal.

VPN Problems with hiding your location 2 weeks 15 hours ago #3341324

• coldfeet
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 433
  • Honor Medal 2010
I used a VPN here in Australia and set it to the UK so I could watch BBC programs,does not work, message "Not available in your area" so much for that!!

Centre Com 'Pro i7 v2' Desktop
Intel Core i7 7700 CPU, 16GB RAM, H110M Motherboard, 240GB SSD + 1TB HDD, DVD Drive, 350W 80+ PSU, Wireless N300, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

VPN Problems with hiding your location 2 weeks 15 hours ago #3341331

• pascalou
  • Away
  • Well said received: 6952
  • Honor Medal 2010

oldal wrote:

Sharkey wrote:

oldal wrote:

Sharkey wrote:

T

Yes, I have used VPN on buzz when I forgot to turn it off. On my service, the IP address for Toronto Canida must have been banned by Buzz in the past because I cannot access buzz when it is active. However, the IP address for Montreal Canada works fine. There a few times I use VPN on Buzz intentionally, that is when a link will not work because of my location. Then using a VPN IP in UK allows me to access the link. I've never seen a rule on Buzz that says you can't use VPNs. If there is one please show me.

Here you go Oldal it is in terms and conditions.
12. Your IP address may be recorded to assist with keeping our site safe. Anonymous IP addresses or the use of a 'Proxy' to hide your IP address is not permitted.

Smile to life and life will smile back at you.

VPN Problems with hiding your location 2 weeks 15 hours ago #3341338

• oldal
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Honor Medal 2010

pascalou wrote:

oldal wrote:

Sharkey wrote:

oldal wrote:

Sharkey wrote:

T

Here you go Oldal it is in terms and conditions.
12. Your IP address may be recorded to assist with keeping our site safe. Anonymous IP addresses or the use of a 'Proxy' to hide your IP address is not permitted.

Thanks, I don't remember reading that before. I will never internationally use a VPN on this site again.
The following user(s) said Well Said: pascalou

VPN Problems with hiding your location 1 week 3 days ago #3343209

• man of kent
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 467
  • Honor Medal 2010
I may be a little naive, about the owning a VPN.
I thought I might like to look at it, to see if it would be right for me.
I started to ` the download ` then a message appeared `we can not
vouch for this ` publisher `. so I deleted the programme.

Is it worth the money --- or effort ?

I would not use one to get Buzz50.

MAGPIE.-- the bird
Last edit: by man of kent.

VPN Problems with hiding your location 1 week 3 days ago #3343385

• Corvette
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 563
  • Honor Medal 2010
I guess it depends on how much info you may want from the Internet. I have been told by some
web sites , I can not use their site without more info on where they live. The main chat rooms
have this problem all the time. This is one of the reasons people don't like Facebook. Soon you
will have to pay just to see some TV shows without giving them your life story.

• Page:
Moderators: pascaloumike
Time to create page: 0.220 seconds