Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Online safety is really important and this category is devoted to our safety both online and in particular here on Buzz50

• Page:

TOPIC: My Password Was Changed

My Password Was Changed 1 week 8 hours ago #3294155

• habibi
  • habibi's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 607
  • Honor Medal 2010
A message on my mobile informed me that my password on an email account had changed! This happened late last nite but I couldn't manage to get it fixed. This has never happened to me before.

Luckily today I managed to reset my password, a few hrs later I got a msg saying my password had changed. I checked and everything was ok, it was my change of password.

Has this happened to anyone else? Is there anything I should watch out for, eg check bank statements.

Any help much appreciated.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Everything in moderation including moderation

My Password Was Changed 1 week 4 hours ago #3294218

• Sirfurryanimal
  • Away
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 4206
  • Honor Medal 2010
I noticed an e-mail from sky yesterday which claimed I had asked to change my password.It had arrived on Sunday and was completely legit and sent to my recovery e-mail.I hadn't asked and I haven't.And my account seems secure.No idea why this happened.

The Cornish Pasty

My Password Was Changed 1 week 4 hours ago #3294226

• Fanny
  • Away
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 271
  • Honor Medal 2010
Sirfurry, contact SKy and ask them if they did send that email, many scammers' emails are indistinguishable from real ones...just to be on the safe side. Always forward these types of emails to any relevant 'Phishing' department they may have, don't ever reply directly.

Habibi - which email client do you use (for example gmail/hotmail/other?). If you delve into its settings there'll most likely be a 'contact us' page for you to tell them what happened and ask for advice. Again, don't ever reply directly to any dodgy emails, no matter where from, always look for a 'phishing' section to forward them to.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Sirfurryanimal, Sue 8pal

My Password Was Changed 1 week 2 hours ago #3294303

• Frankie
  • Away
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1798
  • Honor Medal 2010
Who has asked you to change passwords and have you checked all your personal details, is so very odd, but one thing is for certain don't do anything anybody tells you to do.

My Password Was Changed 1 week ago #3294422

• cahoots
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 635
  • Honor Medal 2010
Iv'e had a lot of scam e mail lately purporting to be from Sky who I have an account with.

When I hovered the cursor over the unopened e mail address they were often from various names with a 'prodigy' account.

Have forwarded all of them to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. so that they can take action.

Have never had text notifications about passwords unless it was to do with my mobile provider.

Would recommend that you query it with your service provider and make sure your anti virus and updates are up to date perhaps?
The following user(s) said Well Said: MoonlitRoads63

BE the change you want to see

My Password Was Changed 6 days 13 hours ago #3294787

• Keeper
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 2012
  • Honor Medal 2010

habibi wrote: A message on my mobile informed me that my password on an email account had changed! This happened late last nite but I couldn't manage to get it fixed. This has never happened to me before.

Luckily today I managed to reset my password, a few hrs later I got a msg saying my password had changed. I checked and everything was ok, it was my change of password.

Has this happened to anyone else? Is there anything I should watch out for, eg check bank statements.

This is for Habbi and also for Sirfurryanimal

Sounds as if someone has tried to access your account. Change your password often and make it a good one..lots of caps, small letters, numbers, and keyboard characters such as : / * ( all mixed up.
A tech told me recently that 3 random words together made up of caps and smalls, but must be 15 letters in total ,makes a password hard to breach......
....I don't know about that, but I use a mix of caps, smalls, numbers, and keyboard characters, and always make it long, and change it often.

Any help much appreciated.

Last edit: by Keeper.

My Password Was Changed 6 days 3 hours ago #3295020

• Fanny
  • Away
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 271
  • Honor Medal 2010
there are many good password checker sites available which give indication of its strength and ease of hack - or otherwise.

One such I have used in the past is THIS ONE

• Page:
Moderators: pascaloumike
Time to create page: 0.210 seconds