Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Tell us where you live and a little or a lot about it!
Stories - Famous people - Photos - Food - etc, etc!
Your world may be featured on 'Good Morning Buzzers!'
Click +NEW TOPIC below to tell us about your place

TOPIC: Why do you like where you live?

Why do you like where you live? 5 months 1 week ago #3837247

• Pats
  • Away
  • Admin
  • Admin
  • Well said received: 1653
  • Honor Medal 2010
I can sail my canoe on the nearby river, it’s wonderful to be on the water when the weather is so hot.smile.png
The following user(s) said Well Said: AntiqueLace

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Happy to help.

Why do you like where you live? 5 months 1 week ago #3837278

• Bruce
  • Away
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1326
  • Honor Medal 2010
I love where I live as it is just so easy to do anything or go anywhere for what I want. It is a small town in Cheshire it is quiet but if we want the city madness we are not to far away from places like Manchesters Trafford Centre about 15 miles up the road where one can get anything one wants.
We have many friends here and a nice peaceful quiet live which is what I always wanted and now we have it we are not changing it.

We were going to move not long back but at the last minute we decided against it, we love it here and our happy so we are staying. The town is lovely and two minutes in the opposite direction we have rolling countryside which is beautiful.
99% of the neighbours are lovely.
There is very low crime rate here and the town centre is small but it is clean and friendly and we just love being here it suits us down to the ground.

RETIRED WITH GRACE

Why do you like where you live? 5 months 1 week ago #3837285

• patcaf
  • Junior Buzzer
  • Junior Buzzer
  • Well said received: 44
  • Honor Medal 2010
We live in rural Ireland. Lovely house, Great views across rolling countryside and half acre of garden. 3 unspoiled beaches within walking distance. Family love visiting and our daughter has moved here as well and lives only 20mins away. To be honest it would not be my preferred place to live as it is very quiet and you need to drive everywhere. Nearest town and supermarket is 21 km away. However, my wife loves it. After years of moving around with my job, she feels at home here and is very content. For that reason, we will be staying and it is growing on me.
The following user(s) said Well Said: grahamg, QuinTSensual, AntiqueLace

Why do you like where you live? 5 months 1 week ago #3837503

• GardenLady55
  • New Buzzer
  • New Buzzer
  • Well said received: 6
I live in an 18-hole golf course community although I have not played golf in a while. I have access to four lakes
and a pool and clubhouse. As many outdoor activities I want to do and the cutest little condo, just perfect for a single woman. At night you can see the moon and the stars and listen to the country critters.

Why do you like where you live? 5 months 1 week ago #3837538

• Assemble
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Well said received: 117
  • Honor Medal 2010
I've just moved to rural Canada, live about a half hour drive to the shops but so far I'm liking it fine

Why do you like where you live? 5 months 1 week ago #3838756

• Dennis 2
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 382
  • Honor Medal 2010
I love rural life and the people living around me are great. Also living here offers me a chance if I choose to do the things, I like in life which I could not do in the city...
The following user(s) said Well Said: Woody, Runswithbeer

Schöne Dinge passieren in Ihrem Leben, wenn Sie sich distanzieren und negative Dinge und Menschen entfernen.

Why do you like where you live? 5 months 6 days ago #3839037

• Runswithbeer
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Well said received: 107
Not unusual to see a customer pick up his order at the McDonald’s drive-thru on horseback and some establishments still allow both your dog and a sidearm in the store. Pot is legal and I have seen both the good and the bad but mostly have to endure that skunk smell that is permanent in some neighborhoods. The fishing is good this year so I think I’ll stick around for another year.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Dennis 2, Woody

“ Censorship, the suppression of words, images, or ideas that are "offensive," happens whenever some people succeed in imposing their personal, political or moral values on others”. - American Civil Liberties Union

Why do you like where you live? 4 months 3 weeks ago #3843846

• QuinTSensual
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 861
  • Honor Medal 2010

caretaker wrote: Basingstoke, when I moved here in 1960 from South Ruislip, it was a small town, now all gone, new town center first to come, now so big it stretches for miles and still building.
The good bits, it takes about fifteen mins to walk to the town, lots of cycle paths that I use for mobility scooter, so far good people live in our square, parking a bit full weekends but there is an empty office building next to me with a car park for five cars, now this is the strange bit, no young children in the square.
On the odd occasion, people's grandchildren visit and it's great to hear them playing outside, (we have none).

Interesting how Shadowing a poster on an International platform reveals similarities, quite out of the blue.
Home Ickenham. Bellboy US Base. Playing rugby for Ruislip. The Lido our playground. School Harrow [Not the posh one] wink.png
Fast forward. #1.Wife and daughter moved to Basingstoke.
One Headmistress at local Comprehensive.The other establishing a Ballet shoe and costume outfits outlet locally. Subsequently Internationally.
Small World! B)
The following user(s) said Well Said: caretaker

"Out of the Eyes and Words of Children. We 'May', be best Known."

Why do you like where you live? 3 months 2 weeks ago #3857165

• Genny
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Well said received: 70
Welcome to Canada, Assemble. I live in a small rural community that was a busy town around 1940 I lived and worked in a city for 25 years. This is my hometown and I returned as soon as I retired. There is no where else I'd rather be. Unfortunately, health issues are making me think I will need to move closer to a larger centre at some point.

Why do you like where you live? 3 months 1 week ago #3861894

• Genny
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Well said received: 70
I live on the coast, but only have ocean water half the time. I live on the Bay of Fundy where the tides are about 40-50 feet so when it is out we have mud flats and ocean bottom, when in the harbour is full.
Genny

Moderators: mikePatsMoonlitRoads63
Time to create page: 0.075 seconds