Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Tell us where you live and a little or a lot about it!
Stories - Famous people - Photos - Food - etc, etc!
Your world may be featured on 'Good Morning Buzzers!'
Click +NEW TOPIC below to tell us about your place
  • Page:

TOPIC: Towns

Towns 2 weeks 5 days ago #3305913

• jan99
  • jan99's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 333
Lets see some pictures of the towns that surround you .

File Attachment:

File Name:
File Size: 0 KB

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Jan 99

Towns 2 weeks 4 days ago #3306252

• JUJO
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 2772
I live in a very quiet rural little village,everyone knows everyone,we all help each other.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Dennis 2

No home is complete without the pitter patter of kitty feet.

Towns 1 week 2 days ago #3311550

• 19Pete38
  • Senior Buzzer
  • Senior Buzzer
  • Well said received: 27
I envy you. When I moved to my "town", in 1964 the pop. was 17000, now we have 78,000 and growing.

The address is NSW Australia, about halfway between Sydney and Brisbane on the east coast. It once was a timber, banana, and fishing industry town, with a medium number of permanent visiting campers each year.

The banana industry is being overtaken by blueberry plots, which brings an army of backpackers and the local lot don't seem to like this type of work when they can surf and lay on the sand and get the dole.

I have lived in Coffs Harbour longer than I have lived anywhere else. The other iconic places I have lived is in Wagga Wagga, and the famous beach Bondi. My formative years were spent in Queensland around Longreach in the Central West.

Coffs Harbour boasts the residents Russel Crow, Jack Thompson, and me on the list of the famous lol, although I did write a Best Seller book, published in 2013.

Coffs Harbour is an aging population and there is a big spend going on at the moment building a large aged complex.

Banana land is being cleared and sold on the real estate market and around a million dollars each because of the Northerly aspect and the ocean views. Houses range around the $300.000 to $500,000. Some of the rural land and houses are bringing 1 to 2 million.

Ask what you like and I will answer.

Last edit: by 19Pete38.

Towns 1 week 2 days ago #3311552

• Dennis 2
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 3746
  • Honor Medal 2010
Small rural community in NE Texas where most all know their neighbors, drive pick ups with very little crime here, we do have a Walmart and an Interstate hiway close, most rely on rely on Ag for a living with lots of cattle raised, I was raised not far from here and moved back, I love it here, 10 years back I could see my neighbor's place now I could walk to the closest one, many are getting away from the larger cities moving close by, we all try to look out for each other. Wish I was farther out.

• Page:
Moderators: mikePatssmilesrus10pascalou
Time to create page: 0.210 seconds