Sciatica 1 month 3 weeks ago #3625761

• oldal
  • oldal's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1655
  • Honor Medal 2010
For over a week, I have been suffering from an attack of Sciatica. The pain is on the left hip and leg and sometimes was severe.
The doctor gave me some strong painkillers and muscle relaxants but had little more to offer except wait it out. I've had it before, and it usually went away in 2-3 weeks.
I was still in a lot of pain, so I decided to try some alternative treatment. I got a homeopathic med and a CBD salve. The CBD salve is wonderful, I can be in severe pain and rub it on my lower spine, and within minutes the pain is diminished to a mild ache and sometimes gone completely. Unfortunately, it does come back in about 2 hours, so still wakes me up when sleeping.
Has anyone here had sciatica? What did you for it?
The following user(s) said Well Said: AntiqueLace1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, it's not the end
Last edit: by oldal.

Sciatica 1 month 3 weeks ago #3625839

• Aida
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 2391
  • Honor Medal 2010
Sciatica is extremely painful. Take care. Some doctors recommended stretching exercises. However, these usually involve getting down on the floor. The CBD salve sounds good.
The following user(s) said Well Said: oldal, AntiqueLace1

Last edit: by Aida.

Sciatica 1 month 3 weeks ago #3625851

• oldal
  • Away
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Honor Medal 2010

Aida wrote: Sciatica is extremely painful. Take care. Some doctors recommended stretching exercises. However, these usually involve getting down on the floor. The CBD salve sounds good.

Getting down on the floor is out of the question for me. The last time I fell down, stood GGdaughter and her husband to get me up. I do try to keep as active as possible, I stand up and walk around every hour or so. The CBD works but is not a cure, it only stops most of the pain. It has beginning to get better I hope the end of it is near.
The following user(s) said Well Said: AntiqueLace1

Sciatica 1 month 3 weeks ago #3625875

• Ivorbigwedge
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Well said received: 329
  • Honor Medal 2010
You have my sympathies.....

I have suffered from sciatica on and off since I was in my thirties and have always gone down the road of

(a) Tough it out until it goes away , or

(b) Painkillers from the doctor if it is really bad.

Never thought of the homeopathic route but I'll give it a go next time.

What does CBD stand for by the way?
The following user(s) said Well Said: oldal

A perfect martini should be made by filling a glass with gin, then waving it in the general direction of Italy.

Never argue with an idiot......they will drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.
Last edit: by Ivorbigwedge.

Sciatica 1 month 3 weeks ago #3625967

• sciguy18
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1011
  • Honor Medal 2010
I had a horrible attack of sciatica about 40 years ago. It was searing pain from my butt and down the back of my leg all the way to my foot.

The pain was so bad that I ended up in the hospital for two weeks. They told me the disc between two vertebrae had compressed and this was pressing on the sciatic nerve.

They wanted to remove the disc and fuse the vertebrae together. I told them no, so they just had me lie in bed with weights hanging off my ankles (in an attempt to put apart the affected vertebrae).

To end an already long story, I do have pain every so often. Nothing that severe though. I just take something for pain and rest. Seems to help.

I never tried any CBD products, but glad to hear they work for you.

Sciatica 1 month 3 weeks ago #3625968

• sciguy18
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1011
  • Honor Medal 2010

Ivorbigwedge wrote: You have my sympathies.....

I have suffered from sciatica on and off since I was in my thirties and have always gone down the road of

(a) Tough it out until it goes away , or

(b) Painkillers from the doctor if it is really bad.

Never thought of the homeopathic route but I'll give it a go next time.

What does CBD stand for by the way?

CBD stands for Cannabidiol. It is a component of cannabis.
The following user(s) said Well Said: oldal

Sciatica 1 month 2 weeks ago #3627796

• JUJO
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1457
  • Honor Medal 2010

oldal wrote: For over a week, I have been suffering from an attack of Sciatica. The pain is on the left hip and leg and sometimes was severe.
The doctor gave me some strong painkillers and muscle relaxants but had little more to offer except wait it out. I've had it before, and it usually went away in 2-3 weeks.
I was still in a lot of pain, so I decided to try some alternative treatment. I got a homeopathic med and a CBD salve. The CBD salve is wonderful, I can be in severe pain and rub it on my lower spine, and within minutes the pain is diminished to a mild ache and sometimes gone completely. Unfortunately, it does come back in about 2 hours, so still wakes me up when sleeping.
Has anyone here had sciatica? What did you for it?

Have you tried heatpacks on the affected areas?

No home is complete without the pitter patter of kitty feet.

Sciatica 1 month 2 weeks ago #3627799

• oldal
  • Away
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Honor Medal 2010
The Cannabidiol made from the hemp and cannabis plants is called CBD. The main difference between the two plants is the amount of each compound they contain. Cannabis contains more THC and less CBD. Hemp contains more CBD and less THC. The CBD products sold in the US contain only trace amounts of THC. The CBD made from the hemp plant is legal in all 50 states.

I tried the CBD oil taken orally; it didn't work for me. For sciatica, I use a concentrated CBD salve. I rub in on my lower spine in the area where the sciatic nerves exit the spine. It works for me within minutes to reduce the pain.

My sciatica is in remission. Mine comes and goes, sometimes lasts for up to 2 weeks.

When it was bad a week ago, I used a heat pad on my lower back, Tylenol tablets, Homeopathic tablets, and finally, the CBD salve.

Last edit: by oldal.

Sciatica 1 month 2 weeks ago #3627969

• AntiqueLace1
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1500
  • Honor Medal 2010
Hope your Sciatica gets some relief now and then Odal, as I know it is bothersome and can be painful.

Last edit: by AntiqueLace1.
  • Page:
Moderators: Pascaloumike
Time to create page: 0.196 seconds