Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Coconut oil

Coconut oil 2 weeks 2 days ago #3399826

• MondayOptimist
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 371
  • Honor Medal 2010

PJ54 wrote: It's true it is a saturated fat but unlike animal fat it doesn't act in the same way and is very good for your brain and can help against Alzheimer's

www.alzheimers.org.uk/about-dementia/tre...nut-oil-and-dementia

There have been some claims that coconut oil could be used as a treatment, or even a cure, for Alzheimer's disease. However, there is currently not enough experimental evidence to back up these claims.

The claim is based on the theory that the brain cells of people with Alzheimer's disease are unable to use glucose to produce energy properly, and so the nerve cells 'starve'.

Some believe coconut oil may act as an alternative energy source for the brain. However, there is not enough scientific evidence to know whether this is the case.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Pats

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Passive- aggressive behavior - Manipulative and deceptive aggression. Nothing passive about it.

Coconut oil 2 weeks 1 day ago #3400258

• PJ54
  • PJ54's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Well said received: 256
Yes you are right they are two sides to most things and it can all be a little confusing but sometimes you have to make a decision for yourself and I have come to the conclusion that I can see and feel positive results for myself and I also I feel people's bodies can respond differently too, what's good for one may not be good for someone else but I personally like to try things and come to my own decisions based on my own evidence!
The following user(s) said Well Said: QuinTSensual

Coconut oil 2 weeks 12 hours ago #3401381

• MondayOptimist
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Honor Medal 2010
PJ54: It's true it is a saturated fat but unlike animal fat it doesn't act in the same way and is very good for your brain and can help against Alzheimer's

You should take everything into consideration when forming your opinion and when possible, check things out for yourself, just not state as fact, things that have not been studied and proven to work, especially with something as serious as Alzheimer's.

Passive- aggressive behavior - Manipulative and deceptive aggression. Nothing passive about it.
Last edit: by MondayOptimist.

Coconut oil 2 weeks 6 hours ago #3401567

• PJ54
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Gold Buzzer
Well maybe I've got this site all wrong I thought it was supposed to be like a virtual room so to speak, nothing serious, were we could all just talk freely as you would among friends? I didn't realize that was not the case! I will censor myself in future :-(

Coconut oil 2 weeks 5 hours ago #3401626

• BlushingOrchid
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1737
  • Honor Medal 2010

PJ54 wrote: Well maybe I've got this site all wrong I thought it was supposed to be like a virtual room so to speak, nothing serious, were we could all just talk freely as you would among friends? I didn't realize that was not the case! I will censor myself in future :-(

Hello PJ54,

Yes, just chatting here as you have been has been nice far as I can see, sharing thoughts on the topic of Coconut Oil, and talking freely as friends would. Its been a good topic and thank you for posting it.

No need to censor yourself in the future, I personally would not want to see you do that, I enjoy your input and the input of others,

Smiles, Blush smile.png
The following user(s) said Well Said: PJ54, Bessie

"Beauty in things exists in the mind which contemplates them"

Coconut oil 1 week 6 days ago #3401719

• MondayOptimist
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Honor Medal 2010
I wasn't being aggressive or passive-aggressive, just stating what I consider an important point.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Pats

Last edit: by MondayOptimist.

Coconut oil 1 week 6 days ago #3401841

• PJ54
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Gold Buzzer
Thank you for saying that BlushingOrchid! :-) I was really starting to think that I just couldn't speak MY mind and my thoughts on certain topics unless I had hard facts to back them up lol
The following user(s) said Well Said: BlushingOrchid, Bessie

Last edit: by PJ54.

Coconut oil 1 week 6 days ago #3401870

• Bessie
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 494
  • Honor Medal 2010
slap it on the face. feels lovely. and moisturizes the skin too. smile.png

Life's Too Short To Be Serious!!

Coconut oil 1 week 6 days ago #3401892

• PJ54
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Gold Buzzer
It certainly does Bessie many moons ago I used to buy Decleor night balm which was expensive but I can honestly say hand on heart that coconut oil works just as Well as a night balm :-)
The following user(s) said Well Said: Bessie

Coconut oil 1 week 6 days ago #3401916

• Pats
  • Admin
  • Admin
  • Well said received: 10372
  • Honor Medal 2010

PJ54 wrote: Well maybe I've got this site all wrong I thought it was supposed to be like a virtual room so to speak, nothing serious, were we could all just talk freely as you would among friends? I didn't realize that was not the case! I will censor myself in future :-(

PJ54.

This is the Health Category of the forum where accuracy is important when it comes to medical matters.

But I think we can all agree that Coconut oil does benefit the skin and hair..wink.png smile.png

Happy to help.
Last edit: by Pats.
Moderators: mike
Time to create page: 0.097 seconds