Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: HIS facial hair, beards etc. Why you like or don’t like?

HIS facial hair, beards etc. Why you like or don’t like? 1 month 3 weeks ago #3725540

• Wren
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 610
  • Honor Medal 2010

Pats wrote:

Wren wrote: I’ve always been attracted to men with facial hair, as long as it’s clean and nicely trimmed

Yes me too.

Neatly groomed beards and moustache, the same with hair, long manky facial hair and long manky hair…what a turn-off..:S

I actually like long hair on a man too but again, it has to be clean ! smile.png

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Wren.

HIS facial hair, beards etc. Why you like or don’t like? 1 month 3 weeks ago #3725544

• altshovel
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 685
  • Honor Medal 2010
I have a moustache and goatee and I trim my beard & moustache and clipper cut the rest of my face once a week.
I've wanted to trim my moustache down to pencil thin above my lip and the goatee into a Van Dyke style, but my wife won't have it. I told her it would grow back after the experiment, no go though.
Rough around the edges is fine by me.

“Someone has said that it requires less mental effort to condemn than to think.”

HIS facial hair, beards etc. Why you like or don’t like? 1 month 3 weeks ago #3725556

• sciguy18
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1205
  • Honor Medal 2010
Apart from a brief period in 1977, I have had some sort of facial hair (mustache, goatee or full beard) since I was in high school.

Always tried to keep whatever facial hair I had trimmed; by use of barber clippers.

With my looks, I figured anything that covered my face was a plus...
The following user(s) said Well Said: altshovel, Wren

HIS facial hair, beards etc. Why you like or don’t like? 1 month 3 weeks ago #3725593

• bluegrassmusicfan
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Well said received: 210
  • Honor Medal 2010
I guess because I grew up in the 1970's I have always and still do *love* facial hair, and longer hair on a man..
Clean shaven, short haired mean are a turn off...to *me*..gives me the cold willies.

John McEuen is 70+, and look super cute to me...:kiss: smile.png :xxx:

Attachments:

Last edit: by bluegrassmusicfan.

HIS facial hair, beards etc. Why you like or don’t like? 1 month 3 weeks ago #3725620

• Vienna
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1393
  • Honor Medal 2010
Love close beards, not bushy ones - ex has always had a neat beard....wouldn't recognize him without one now.

HIS facial hair, beards etc. Why you like or don’t like? 1 month 3 weeks ago #3725696

• helloDarling
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 769
  • Honor Medal 2010
being canadian, so often the men are sporting the "lived in" look.
especially in winters. mostly casual. its our norm.and we are good with that.
a clean shaved, short hair cut guy is generally a guy who doesnt have enough to do.. lol. shhh.
pending his profession.
or big city folk. thats a clear sign.

but theres a tradition here..
a thing between hunters.
come hunting season, no hunter shaves until he has shot his target. be it deer or wild turkey or.
thats how we know to encourage his celebratory "fish story" lol
The following user(s) said Well Said: bluegrassmusicfan

for 25cents i will stop singing.
BUT. if you sing with me, i will give *YOU 25cents
Last edit: by helloDarling.

HIS facial hair, beards etc. Why you like or don’t like? 1 month 3 weeks ago #3725724

• helloDarling
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 769
  • Honor Medal 2010
canadians are known for being nice people but with unkept hair.. lol

for 25cents i will stop singing.
BUT. if you sing with me, i will give *YOU 25cents

HIS facial hair, beards etc. Why you like or don’t like? 1 month 3 weeks ago #3725738

• TwistNShout
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Well said received: 276
  • Honor Medal 2010
In my twenties, mainly whilst at Poly, I had long hair and a beard - basically because I didn't bother to shave. A phycologist might be able to make something of a look that consisted of long hair, a full beard and mirror sunglasses so only my nose was visible :laugh: I shaved it all off before I was thirty and stayed clean shaven until Movember 2013, when I grew a goatee.

Lots of friends said they liked it, so I kept it, my wife knew me before I grew it but also said she preferred me with the goatee. Last summer, like many people I let it grow out to a full beard (at my wife's suggestion) to see what it looked like. I was going full "Dusty Hill" but that was vetoed :laugh: Now, I keep it trimmed to about half an inch all over about once a week and shave my neck and cheeks roughly every two days to keep the edges tidy.
The following user(s) said Well Said: GerryM

vivamus vitae non paenitenda

HIS facial hair, beards etc. Why you like or don’t like? 1 month 3 weeks ago #3725766

• Eira
  • Well said received: 2663
  • Honor Medal 2010
I think some men suit facial hair more than others.

My son suits a bit of “designer stubble”

My Dad used to grow a full beard every Winter and shave it off for the Summer. He looked handsome with and without the beard but most of us thought the bearded look suited him better.

My lovely fella definitely suits the short haired, clean shaven look.
He did grow a full beard a few years ago, only because it was too much trouble to shave while we were out in our small boat on an 8 month sailing trip.
Although his hair is still mostly a sandy colour, with only a bit of grey/white, his beard grew grey/white. I’m sorry to say it aged him by at least 10 years - the beard made him look a bit like Jeremy Corbyn, especially when he looked at me over the top of his reading spectacles - I found it quite disconcerting! :laugh:
It was early December by the time we arrived home and he said he would keep the beard until after Christmas - he joked that he may get a temp job as Father Christmas! - but within a few days, the beard was gone, his hair was cropped and I had my clean shaven, youthful looking, lovely fella back again, thank goodness. smile.png

Step by step, one goes a long way.
Last edit: by Eira.

HIS facial hair, beards etc. Why you like or don’t like? 1 month 3 weeks ago #3726026

• Vegemite Kid
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1235
  • Honor Medal 2010

I think some men suit facial hair more than others.

My son suits a bit of “designer stubble”

I have a son who think he suits that too - the fashionable 'rugged style'.

Looks more like the scruffy style to me :laugh: tongue.png

Moderators: Pascaloumike
Time to create page: 0.247 seconds