Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Do you believe in them?

Do you believe in them? 1 month 3 weeks ago #3725560

• altshovel
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 689
  • Honor Medal 2010
Not really but it's fun if you take it with a grain of salt.
Making a guess is like flipping a coin, it comes up in your favor based on statistical probability. You might get four guesses in a row! That makes you clairvoyant or a fortune teller!
I think a fortune teller needs training to read a person's face or reactions to their scattershot guesses, same with a clairvoyant.
When I was younger it was always fun to have an attractive lady read my palm. :cheer:
The following user(s) said Well Said: helloDarling

Please Log in to join the conversation.

“Someone has said that it requires less mental effort to condemn than to think.”

Do you believe in them? 1 month 3 weeks ago #3725568

• Bruce
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1491
  • Honor Medal 2010
Few have a gift and those that do rarely use it for earning purposes.
The vast majority of fortune tellers and mediums etc are all frauds it has been proven over and over again.

There is some who do absolute wonders and you think how is that possible but you usually find these are the ones who just help family and friends and never charge a bean.

Derrin Brown explains and shows how mediums are frauds in his videos and he proves his theory with real life people.

Do you believe in them? 1 month 3 weeks ago #3725624

• WWWoody
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1191
  • Honor Medal 2010
Nah. Nonsense in my opinion. For cheap entertainment and laughs I’d say it’s harmless though.
The following user(s) said Well Said: senile1

'It’s time for us to do what we have been doing and that time is every day,' Kamala Harris. Lol, what????

Do you believe in them? 1 month 3 weeks ago #3725698

• helloDarling
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 770
  • Honor Medal 2010
click here to view

once upon a time back in the day..
we have a legendary character..
mother barnes. the witch of plum hollow

not so much a witch.
though maybe.. ? she was wiccan.
but she had herbs and such for remedies.
read tea leaves
and told fortunes for a few coins.
thats how she made her living

one of mother barnes descendants is one of my besties.
she a bit kooky.. lol. but a good kind of kooky. thats what makes her fun. lol
but with a great grandmother like mother barnes in your family tree.. its bound to rub off on one.. lol

to date. no one enters the property of mother barnes
as she is said to haunt it.. muwhahahah.

for 25cents i will stop singing.
BUT. if you sing with me, i will give *YOU 25cents
Last edit: by helloDarling.

Do you believe in them? 1 month 3 weeks ago #3725711

• JUJO
  • JUJO's Avatar Topic Author
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1558
  • Honor Medal 2010
I myself, have never ever been to see a clairvoyant,fortune teller, I know women who have,and belived everything they were told.

No home is complete without the pitter patter of kitty feet.

Do you believe in them? 1 month 3 weeks ago #3725753

• Aida
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1593
  • Honor Medal 2010
We have had this topic on here before so you may remember my reply.

I used to be extraordinarily interested in fortune telling , divining, whatever you like to call it when I was much younger. I knocked around with an arty / hippie crowd and we used to go to see a renowned medium, an old lady out in the sticks in North Staffs. People came from all over the midlands to consult her. Word of mouth is a powerful advertisement. I was unhappy and unsettled at the time and looking for direction, a happier life in the furure.

She once told me I would live in a white cottage near a church. Lo and behold I bought a white cottage near a church but I now realise that it was because I actively looked for a white cottage near a church after listening to her.
A self fulfilling prophecy.
She never told me about the big things that would happen in my life over which I would have no influence or choice, such as illness..
She made a nice living entertaining us and telling us what we wanted to hear.

We wanted to be taken in by her.

What will survive of us is love.
Last edit: by Aida.

Do you believe in them? 1 month 3 weeks ago #3725775

• Eira
  • Away
  • Well said received: 2666
  • Honor Medal 2010
A friend and I went to see a “fortune teller” once, after a word of mouth recommendation from my friend’s work colleagues.
I had no belief in stuff like that and I used to think my friend was more gullible about this kind of stuff.
It was my friend who wanted to go because she was looking for “answers” to a few dilemmas in her life - I just went along to keep her company and make sure she wasn’t cheated out of too much money.

The women we visited were twin sisters of Romany origin, living in a caravan on a council caravan site.
Each of us were given a separate private reading. We had been told beforehand that if we took a blank cassette tape with us, the sisters were happy to record the whole “reading” session, so we didn’t have to rely on our memory of what was said.

We both still have our “reading” tapes and they have turned out to be gobsmackingly accurate for both of us so far!

At the time, I was impressed by the amount of “past information” this lady picked up about me. I was aware that it was possible to pick up general bits of info about my current situation from clues gathered in conversation and from body language etc, so I took all this with a pinch of salt but this lady told me details about certain events and situations from my past which would have been difficult to pick up on or guess.
Even then, neither of us really believed the forecasts she gave us for the future - it was definitely not the usual “you’ll meet a handsome stranger, settle down and have 2 kids” type of stuff - but what she prophecied for both of us has come to pass.

As she has been so accurate about my life so far, I reluctantly believe another bit of info she gave me - she said I would never be rich but would end up financially comfortable - but I would have to work hard for everything I had - and that I would never win any large sums of money :(

I still hedge my bets, though, and have an occasional flutter on the Lottery - just to avoid her prediction becoming a self-fulfilling prophecy! wink.png :laugh:

Step by step, one goes a long way.

Do you believe in them? 1 month 3 weeks ago #3725843

• Sandgrounder
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 2126
  • Honor Medal 2010
I myself do not, but had girlfriends in the past that liked using them, so was happy to indulge at the time .

Do you believe in them? 1 month 3 weeks ago #3725865

• helloDarling
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 770
  • Honor Medal 2010
my mom and i would go on occasion.
but as an outing.
we didnt put much faith in the tea leave readers.
but they were fun for a giggle.
an affordable outing
that in turn contributed to someones income.

for 25cents i will stop singing.
BUT. if you sing with me, i will give *YOU 25cents

Do you believe in them? 1 month 3 weeks ago #3725885

• Pascalou
  • Admin
  • Admin
  • Well said received: 2486
  • Honor Medal 2010

WWWoody wrote: Nah. Nonsense in my opinion. For cheap entertainment and laughs I’d say it’s harmless though.

Nonsense is certainly not harmless, and sadly in many cases not cheap either.
Many con artists can actually truly harm people mercilessly by exploiting their grief and vulnerability, drain them of massive amounts of money, and sometimes even give fake elixirs and potions while encouraging people to dispose of their medical treatment and therefore putting their life in danger.

People should be extra cautious so as not to become victims of con artists that can be actually very harmful...
The following user(s) said Well Said: Aida

Smile to life and life will smile back at you.
Moderators: Pascaloumike
Time to create page: 0.203 seconds