Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Chat about the Chat Rooms. We have the best chat rooms for over 50s seniors on the internet.
  • Page:

TOPIC: talking

talking 4 months 2 weeks ago #3689357

• Elizabeth
  • Elizabeth's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Well said received: 233
  • Honor Medal 2010
People use this site in different ways. Some never use the chat rooms, some never join in with the forums and others come here purely for 1-2-1 chat.
I have only stuck my nose in the chat lounge once and didn't feel inclined to stay. I prefer either a private chat or a discussion in the forums.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

talking 4 months 2 weeks ago #3689388

• senile1
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I stick my head into lounge chat, but just on occasion, and never stay long. I just lurk mostly when things are slow on the discussion threads. I have never tried 121 chat, really not interested.

talking 4 months 1 day ago #3697402

• Libby
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Well said received: 251
  • Honor Medal 2010
I have only been in the chat rooms a couple of times and I couldn’t keep up , there were lots of people in there but the conversations were moving too fast for me ...I didn’t really enjoy it ...
The following user(s) said Well Said: JUJO

talking 3 months 4 weeks ago #3698542

• Dennis 2
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 572
  • Honor Medal 2010
Been there done that a few times here and was a long time member on another site before they changed it and killed it, my lifestyle does not fit in with most here so I get very bored very fast in chat and just not much interest in the hello good bye thing which is most of it seemingly.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Robin, JUJO, senile1, Tim S

Schöne Dinge passieren in Ihrem Leben, wenn Sie sich distanzieren und negative Dinge und Menschen entfernen.

talking 3 weeks 5 days ago #3740297

• Darlene
  • New Buzzer
  • New Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1
I have just joined. Most chat rooms are empty (at the moment) and two others had 1 and 2 people in them. I was glad to find this topic and will take the advice and check back a few other times to see if people show up. I would enjoy a place to chat with others. Hope this works out well.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Wolf44

talking 3 weeks 5 days ago #3740308

• Pats
  • Admin
  • Admin
  • Well said received: 4393
  • Honor Medal 2010
It is quiet at the moment all over the forum, this is to be expected over Christmas and New year.

The Chatrooms get busy at different times as Buzz is an international site with members from different time zones.

Good that you found the forums though as you can post on the many and varied topics at any time.smile.png

Happy to help.

talking 3 weeks 5 days ago #3740398

• Wolf44
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Well said received: 177
  • Honor Medal 2010

Darlene wrote: I have just joined. Most chat rooms are empty (at the moment) and two others had 1 and 2 people in them. I was glad to find this topic and will take the advice and check back a few other times to see if people show up. I would enjoy a place to chat with others. Hope this works out well.

You need to make a few friends and get chatting more to gain points.

talking 3 weeks 4 days ago #3740533

• JakBird
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Well said received: 154
I look for the opportunity to engage the old brain cells in some vigorous discourse in the forum topics. I know well I'll never change anyone's opinion but there's always the chance someone with no opinion might have the interest piqued sufficiently to engage in a bit of critical thinking.

I am disappointed when I see the usual jingoistic repetition. It's like using a screwdriver as a chisel, there's some kind of result but it's rarely satisfactory. Entertaining dialog requires more than the verbal equivalent of stone hammers and flint chisels. I find an opinion defined in personal terms, without relying on talking points, is far more interesting to read or in turn respond.

The chat room, well, occasionally when being lazy, but the barrage of hellos every time someone shows up gets to be repetitive.

As for private, I'll pass. The purpose of a forum is public discussion. No one has a monopoly on wisdom.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Robin

• Page:
Moderators: Patsmikesmilesrus10Pascalou
Time to create page: 0.228 seconds