Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Chat about the Chat Rooms. We have the best chat rooms for over 50s seniors on the internet.
  • Page:

TOPIC: talking

talking 2 weeks 3 days ago #3689288

• jon565
  • jon565's Avatar Topic Author
  • New Buzzer
  • New Buzzer
  • Well said received: 4
can i just ask why it is so few people chat live in lounge chat?
I often log in and find only 1 or 2 if im lucky and they usually don't talk for very long?
this is not because i'm a boring old b because i chat to friends in real life for hours.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

talking 2 weeks 3 days ago #3689328

• sciguy18
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1242
  • Honor Medal 2010
I tried the chat rooms a few times, but simply couldn’t keep up with the fast pace.

Perhaps other members who frequent the chat rooms will chime in here.

talking 2 weeks 3 days ago #3689348

• Trila
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Well said received: 228
  • Honor Medal 2010

jon565 wrote: can i just ask why it is so few people chat live in lounge chat?
I often log in and find only 1 or 2 if im lucky and they usually don't talk for very long?
this is not because i'm a boring old b because i chat to friends in real life for hours.

I was very fortunate when I first tried the chat room. There were 2 wonderful people who helped me. Since I wasn't used to that format and it can be fast paced, it was suggested that I "lurk", and just join in when I was comfortable. The people there are so nice, and make me feel welcome....but I still only lurk if there are too many people on! LOL

That being said, I suggest you try going to the lounge at different times. I have found that the same people come back around the same time, each day. That is how I got to know them. :cheer:

content://com.amazon.cloud9.FileProvider/images/screenshot/1630293985011139176326.jpg

talking 2 weeks 3 days ago #3689357

• Elizabeth
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Well said received: 111
People use this site in different ways. Some never use the chat rooms, some never join in with the forums and others come here purely for 1-2-1 chat.
I have only stuck my nose in the chat lounge once and didn't feel inclined to stay. I prefer either a private chat or a discussion in the forums.

talking 2 weeks 3 days ago #3689388

• senile1
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1891
  • Honor Medal 2010
I stick my head into lounge chat, but just on occasion, and never stay long. I just lurk mostly when things are slow on the discussion threads. I have never tried 121 chat, really not interested.

talking 2 weeks 3 days ago #3689416

• Aviara
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Well said received: 468
  • Honor Medal 2010
Hi Jon,

Timing is everything in Chat, given we have members from all over, what’s good for some, is not for others…and as someone suggested, if you can, try going into Lounge Chat at different times of the day/evg. I’m in Ontario, Canada, so I’m 5 hrs behind (earlier) than UK members, and often find the Lounge very quiet….then at another time, I’ll be pleasantly surprised to find several chatters in there.

There are also those ‘chat’ members that come into the chat room, so their names will be on the list for the room, but you’ll never hear/see them speak lol ….many just prefer using the 121 private chat. This could be confusing for newbies….

So, there could be a few reasons why you’re not seeing many chatters chat! But don’t give up! Keep trying, and hopefully you find your niche….enjoy :)

talking 1 week 3 days ago #3692843

• JUJO
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1551
  • Honor Medal 2010

jon565 wrote: can i just ask why it is so few people chat live in lounge chat?

The chat rooms are really fast for me,so I stay away,but if you are really interested in going into the chat rooms, don’t give up,
Good Luck
The following user(s) said Well Said: Libby

No home is complete without the pitter patter of kitty feet.

talking 2 minutes ago #3697402

• Libby
  • Away
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Well said received: 331
  • Honor Medal 2010
I have only been in the chat rooms a couple of times and I couldn’t keep up , there were lots of people in there but the conversations were moving too fast for me ...I didn’t really enjoy it ...

• Page:
Moderators: Patsmikesmilesrus10Pascalou
Time to create page: 0.194 seconds