Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Chat about the Chat Rooms. We have the best chat rooms for over 50s seniors on the internet and now with free video chat

TOPIC: Chatrooms 101

Chatrooms 101 1 month 3 weeks ago #3463049

• Phil H
  • Away
  • New Buzzer
  • New Buzzer
  • Well said received: 6
  • Honor Medal 2010
Awwww the good old days Sharkey , how could i forget lol
The topic has been locked.

Chatrooms 101 1 month 3 weeks ago #3463191

• brenda555
  • New Buzzer
  • New Buzzer
  • Well said received: 54
  • Honor Medal 2010
Ah phil as you know chat always has had its highs n lows
people pop in and out all the time. Lots leave and many come back, you just
go with the flow. Lots of us are in the lounge almost every evening now and can
be great fun. Time zones also play a part of it but Buzz always bounces back.
Moan lol not like you Phil lolol but it is nice to know we have this section
specifically for chat on the forum to air our thoughts :)
The following user(s) said Well Said: Aviara, QuinTSensual, DivaMaggie

Chatrooms 101 1 month 3 weeks ago #3463220

• Aviara
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 860
  • Honor Medal 2010
Yes ppl find their own little niche on Buzz and often don’t explore further....understandable and it’s always been this way.

I hope chatters will take an opportunity to check out the ‘chat rooms’ section on the Forum and express any views/problems/issues etc they have re the chat rooms. (;;)

Happy chatting !
The following user(s) said Well Said: brenda555, QuinTSensual, DivaMaggie

Chatrooms 101 1 month 3 weeks ago #3463227

• QuinTSensual
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 4092
  • Honor Medal 2010

Sharkey wrote: Phil ya would of told me when we used the chat yrs back lol thats when the chat was good remember ?

^5^5. Happy Days. When 30+ chatters almost 24/7 in almost every room. Full of humour, pulling each others legs.
Just clicked through the re-introduced toolbar. 5 rooms 2 logged in !!
"Out of the Eyes and Words of Children. We 'May', be best Known."
The following user(s) said Well Said: DivaMaggie
Last edit: by QuinTSensual.

Chatrooms 101 1 month 3 weeks ago #3463328

• Lightyear
  • Away
  • New Buzzer
  • New Buzzer
  • Well said received: 21
  • Honor Medal 2010
I agree with you Maggie - manors cost nothing. And people who just sit in rooms saying nothing and not interacting must be just "lurking", and maybe just a bit creepy to tell you the truth. Good discussion thread. And I think the people who are responsible, know who they are.
The following user(s) said Well Said: DivaMaggie, Bessie

Chatrooms 101 1 month 3 weeks ago #3463334

• DivaMaggie
  • DivaMaggie's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • New Buzzer
  • New Buzzer
  • Well said received: 9
  • Honor Medal 2010
Just an fyi ...I'm actually quite shocked that this thread was interpreted as "moaning", but am so pleased at the rest of the conversation it has encouraged. OK I'm off to see who is chatting in the chatrooms now.
The following user(s) said Well Said: brenda555

Chatrooms 101 1 month 2 weeks ago #3466066

• Pascalou
  • Admin
  • Admin
  • Well said received: 2574
  • Honor Medal 2010
We are aware of the frustration and upset of some chatters and are working on the situation hoping to restore the automatic booting out system, for inactive/silent chatters after 20 minutes.

If we do not succeed on that one we will probably amend some chatrooms rules given the number of complaints we received lately including this thread.

Pascalou and the admin team.
Smile to life and life will smile back at you.
Last edit: by Pascalou.

Chatrooms 101 1 month 2 weeks ago #3466266

• DivaMaggie
  • DivaMaggie's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • New Buzzer
  • New Buzzer
  • Well said received: 9
  • Honor Medal 2010
Oh this is fabulous news pascalou smile.png smile.png I do hope it's 10 minutes though wink.png thank you so much for replying smile.png
The following user(s) said Well Said: Phil H, Pascalou, Slogger

Chatrooms 101 2 weeks 7 hours ago #3486088

• shrubby
  • Senior Buzzer
  • Senior Buzzer
  • Well said received: 410
  • Honor Medal 2010
One might also think of the people who go to the chat room for company and are satisfied to see what people are saying and join in if and when they have something to say.. The lounge used to be the main place to chat with an overlap to the Balcony. A Music room was added expressly for Music and later a Happy Room for less serious chat. B B B was used for occasional Quizes when original group left the site. However Competitions Quizes and Bingo have now eroded the Lounge and Balcony clientele by touting for custom via posters thus depleting the orginal chatting fraternity. Regulars and new members are unlikely to stay in empty rooms and some have even left the site for this reason.
The following user(s) said Well Said: scorpionlady

Chatrooms 101 1 week 6 days ago #3486857

• Lightyear
  • Away
  • New Buzzer
  • New Buzzer
  • Well said received: 21
  • Honor Medal 2010
I must reply to the above comments - Sorry that you feel that way, but posters that are put around various rooms, are not "touting for custom" as you put it - they are ment only to inform members, new and old, about the various activities taking place around the site - as there are those that do enjoy the quizes and the bingo, as well as the competitions held on a regular basis. These things usually only take up an hour, maximum a couple of times a week, and judging by the amount of people attending, they are quite popular, and I have had nothing but positive feedback. Also I do not believe that anyone has left the site due to quizes or bingo, but more so, because of people going into rooms, speaking to people, and getting totally ignored. I suppose I am slightly biased, as I make most of the posters and also run the quizes twice a week - but should there ever be a time that people stop attending quizes, I would be happy to stop running them. Believe it or believe it not, it takes quite a lot of effort to compile quiz questions twice a week and make them interesting and generic for all to particpate, not forgetting the fact that I buy buzzer points which I then give away to buzzers answering certain questions correctly. I would invite you to attend a quiz one week, and maybe you might enjoy it - who knows?
Lightyear (aka Quiz master)
Moderators: Patsmikesmilesrus10Pascalou
Time to create page: 0.225 seconds