Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Chat about the Chat Rooms. We have the best chat rooms for over 50s seniors on the internet and now with free video chat

TOPIC: Chatrooms 101

Chatrooms 101 1 month 3 weeks ago #3462885

• DivaMaggie
  • DivaMaggie's Avatar Topic Author
  • New Buzzer
  • New Buzzer
  • Well said received: 9
  • Honor Medal 2010
I cannot tell you the number of times I have gone into the chatrooms and the same two or three people are in the room, sometimes several rooms, & can't even exhibit the courtesy to say hello. I am a big girl, so I just write it off to rudeness, but imagine someone coming to chat for the first time, seeing two or three people in the room & not one hello?

Any thoughts?
The following user(s) said Well Said: Charlie the fiz
The topic has been locked.

Chatrooms 101 1 month 3 weeks ago #3462900

• Phil H
  • Away
  • New Buzzer
  • New Buzzer
  • Well said received: 6
  • Honor Medal 2010
Totally agree with you Maggie , if any member takes the time to type " Hello Phil " or something similar i always reply after i have entered a room . One or two members dont follow my philosophy , they ignore completely any hellos to themselves from other members , only " chat " to there selective few . Of course i dont bother typing " hello " to those members anymore as im just wasting my time . I think a lot of yous who use the chat rooms on a regular bases will know who i mean . I just put it down to either rudeness or ignorance or both .Unable to type the member or members name as its against Buzz 50s policy. Hope your all staying safe against covid 19

Chatrooms 101 1 month 3 weeks ago #3462904

• Bessie
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 2530
  • Honor Medal 2010
i never used the chat rooms. but if you want a chat just join in the forum there's loads of friendly members on here who'll chat with you both.

Life's Too Short To Be Serious!!
The following user(s) said Well Said: Keeper, MoonlitRoads63, Charlie the fiz

Chatrooms 101 1 month 3 weeks ago #3462908

• Rain
  • Away
  • Senior Buzzer
  • Senior Buzzer
  • Well said received: 240
  • Honor Medal 2010
I agree with the OP entirely. It baffles me why some people go into a chat room and then stay silent. Surely the purpose is to actually chat and make friends. I can see no reason why someone would go into a chat room and sit mute, ignoring all 'hellos' unless they are just there to spy on other people's conversations and create mischief.

95% of chatters are extremely friendly and courteous but we do have this 5% or so who simply lurk for hours. I believe this should not be encouraged as it makes people uneasy instead of creating a friendly arena where people can make pals and converse.
The following user(s) said Well Said: brenda555, Phil H, DivaMaggie, Bessie

Chatrooms 101 1 month 3 weeks ago #3462925

• Sharkey
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Why moan about it on the forum ? go tell them chatters what you think of them.
Last edit: by Sharkey.

Chatrooms 101 1 month 3 weeks ago #3462928

• OopsaDaisy
  • Away
  • Junior Buzzer
  • Junior Buzzer
  • Well said received: 37
I wish we had the timeout like the old days. I was having a conversation with a chatter (there were only 3 in the Lounge at the time) and I was waiting for ages for any response and when I did get one it was little more than a few words. It wasn't like there was any other conversations going on. Turned out, said chatter said he was chatting elsewhere. I find this just as rude as those that don't respond at all. It's almost like they don't want to miss out on anything........then there are those that are just plain awkward. Folks should use their common sense.......if they have any.
The following user(s) said Well Said: brenda555, Aviara, DivaMaggie, Charlie the fiz

Chatrooms 101 1 month 3 weeks ago #3462929

• OopsaDaisy
  • Away
  • Junior Buzzer
  • Junior Buzzer
  • Well said received: 37

Sharkey wrote: Why moan about it on the forum ? go tell them chatters what you think of them.

Personally, I think the rules need amending.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Aviara, DivaMaggie
Last edit: by OopsaDaisy.

Chatrooms 101 1 month 3 weeks ago #3462937

• Sharkey
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

OopsaDaisy wrote:

Sharkey wrote: Why moan about it on the forum ? go tell them chatters what you think of them.

Personally, I think the rules need amending.

Agree Oopsa i only visit the chat rooms may be once or twice a week but i could give the names of a few who sit there day and night never ever give a hello nothing. IMO they are pure ignorant and it don't look good when Newbies enter the rooms so i do know where you chatters are coming from.
Last edit: by Sharkey.

Chatrooms 101 1 month 3 weeks ago #3463003

• Phil H
  • Away
  • New Buzzer
  • New Buzzer
  • Well said received: 6
  • Honor Medal 2010
I for one Sharkey are not moaning , just adding my opinion . If i " told " the member or members in the room , im sure they would ignore
me lol so just be wasting my time . Im sure its just water off a ducks ass ( as the old saying goes ) too them :)
The following user(s) said Well Said: brenda555, DivaMaggie

Chatrooms 101 1 month 3 weeks ago #3463012

• Sharkey
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Phil ya would of told me when we used the chat yrs back lol thats when the chat was good remember ?
Moderators: Patsmikesmilesrus10Pascalou
Time to create page: 0.229 seconds