Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: The SHINGLES VACCINE, have you had yours, do you want this vaccine?

The SHINGLES VACCINE, have you had yours, do you want this vaccine? 1 week 2 days ago #3851938

• AntiqueLace
  • AntiqueLace's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 643
  • Honor Medal 2010
CDC recommends that adults 50 years and older get two doses of the shingles vaccine called Shingrix (recombinant zoster vaccine) to prevent shingles and the complications from the disease. Adults 19 years and older who have weakened immune systems because of disease or therapy should also get two doses of Shingrix, as they have a higher risk of getting shingles and related complications.

Your doctor or pharmacist can give you Shingrix as a shot in your upper arm.

Shingrix provides strong protection against shingles and PHN. In adults 50 years and older who have healthy immune systems, Shingrix is more than 90% effective at preventing shingles and PHN. Immunity stays strong for at least the first 7 years after vaccination. In adults with weakened immune systems, studies show that Shingrix is 68%-91% effective in preventing shingles, depending on the condition that affects the immune system

*any further info about the Shingles Vaccination...

sorry unable to post the link, can someone else post it perhaps?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

The SHINGLES VACCINE, have you had yours, do you want this vaccine? 1 week 2 days ago #3851939

• bluegrassmusicfan
  • Away
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Well said received: 161
  • Honor Medal 2010
I *may* get it....shingles is a nasty thing to have...painful...

The SHINGLES VACCINE, have you had yours, do you want this vaccine? 1 week 2 days ago #3851946

• Keeper
  • Away
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1286
  • Honor Medal 2010
I had the Shingles jab in 2019, and during 2020 I had bad chest infection and was on an antibiotic. I had bad itchy base of fingers and blisters, and I rang GP and told him I thought I must be allergic to the antibiotic he had prescribed. He said "No if that was the case, the rash would be all over me, he said he was sitting there wondering how I had shingles so lightly." Then I told him I had had the vaccine the year before. So it wasn't so bad because of the vaccine.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Bruce

PEACE to the world
Last edit: by Keeper.

The SHINGLES VACCINE, have you had yours, do you want this vaccine? 1 week 2 days ago #3851947

• Keeper
  • Away
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1286
  • Honor Medal 2010

AntiqueLace wrote: CDC recommends that adults 50 years and older get two doses of the shingles vaccine called Shingrix (recombinant zoster vaccine) to prevent shingles and the complications from the disease. Adults 19 years and older who have weakened immune systems because of disease or therapy should also get two doses of Shingrix, as they have a higher risk of getting shingles and related complications.

Your doctor or pharmacist can give you Shingrix as a shot in your upper arm.

Shingrix provides strong protection against shingles and PHN. In adults 50 years and older who have healthy immune systems, Shingrix is more than 90% effective at preventing shingles and PHN. Immunity stays strong for at least the first 7 years after vaccination. In adults with weakened immune systems, studies show that Shingrix is 68%-91% effective in preventing shingles, depending on the condition that affects the immune system

*any further info about the Shingles Vaccination...

sorry unable to post the link, can someone else post it perhaps?

www.cdc.gov/vaccines/vpd/shingles/public/shingrix/index.html

PEACE to the world

The SHINGLES VACCINE, have you had yours, do you want this vaccine? 1 week 2 days ago #3851949

• Lenny
  • Away
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Well said received: 127
  • Honor Medal 2010
Yes, had them (think it was 2 shots) about 4 years ago. I had shingles maybe 15 years ago

The SHINGLES VACCINE, have you had yours, do you want this vaccine? 1 week 2 days ago #3851987

• QuietMouse01
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 480
  • Honor Medal 2010
I had the Shingles jab (just one)...about 3 yrs ago, you have to be a certain age..
I was then told to stay away from pregnant ladies and folk with underlying problems...
no problems...
also had the pneumonia jab (excuse spelling) !!
both are a 'one off'
The following user(s) said Well Said: Keeper, Aida, Bruce

Today is the tomorrow
you worried about yesterday -
and all is well...

The SHINGLES VACCINE, have you had yours, do you want this vaccine? 1 week 2 days ago #3851989

• Aida
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1107
  • Honor Medal 2010
I had mine about 4 years ago, just one shot. .My husband had shingles years ago ; it was treated quickly with antiviral medication and he was spared its worst effects but he was still quite poorly.

Shingles is a horrible illness , the effects of which can last for months. My advice is get the vaccine done, especially with the current shortage of doctors and difficulty in getting appointments. One less thing to worry about.
The following user(s) said Well Said: QuietMouse01, Keeper

It’s okay not to be okay.
Last edit: by Aida.

The SHINGLES VACCINE, have you had yours, do you want this vaccine? 1 week 2 days ago #3852028

• Elizabeth
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Well said received: 107
  • Honor Medal 2010
I have been offered this vaccine but as I'm still suffering the effects of a virus, I'm reluctant to subject my body to more jabs.
My daughter had shingles which, fortunately was caught early but it still caused her a lot of pain.

The SHINGLES VACCINE, have you had yours, do you want this vaccine? 1 week 2 days ago #3852030

• Bruce
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1034
I had shingles in my early twenties, horrible rash around my lower back and it hurt like I had been punched in the back. Doctor told me to have my own towel at home and for the life of me I cannot recall if I took any meds for it or just let it run it's course. It did go away which is always a bonus.

I never thought about it since, and I have never had a shingles jab, I didn't know there was one until a couple of years ago on Buzz when someone mentioned it.

RETIRED WITH GRACE

The SHINGLES VACCINE, have you had yours, do you want this vaccine? 1 week 2 days ago #3852033

• MoonlitRoads63
  • Well said received: 816
  • Honor Medal 2010

Bruce wrote: I had shingles in my early twenties, horrible rash around my lower back and it hurt like I had been punched in the back. Doctor told me to have my own towel at home and for the life of me I cannot recall if I took any meds for it or just let it run it's course. It did go away which is always a bonus.

I never thought about it since, and I have never had a shingles jab, I didn't know there was one until a couple of years ago on Buzz when someone mentioned it.

I wasn't aware either until I saw an advert on television recently. I may enquire about it next week.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Bruce

Time waits for no one...
...and it won't wait for me
  • Page:
Moderators: mikePatsMoonlitRoads63
Time to create page: 0.076 seconds