Heart palpitations 2 weeks 5 days ago #3574448

• oldal
  • oldal's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1474
  • Honor Medal 2010
I have them right now; I've had them in the past, usually after eating a full meal. This time has been hours since I ate anything.
Doc before said it was nothing to worry about; this time, not so sure.

Anyone else gets them?
Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, it's not the end

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Heart palpitations 2 weeks 5 days ago #3574474

• Assemble
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Well said received: 177
  • Honor Medal 2010
Your doctor said it's nothing to worry about so don't.
Don't seek the unqualified medical opinion of a bunch of strangers who will give you something to worry about

Heart palpitations 2 weeks 5 days ago #3574481

• oldal
  • Away
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Honor Medal 2010
I was having heart palpitations accompanied by labored breathing all evening, was beginning to think I needed to go to the doctor. About 3 hours after eating, I tested my blood sugar and found out the likely cause; my glucose tested 272, the highest ever. The only explanation is I didn't inject any insulin before eating dinner. Since injecting a correction insulin dose, the palpitations are gone, and I feel more relaxed. I must have injected air instead of insulin, caused by filling the syringe with air with the intent of injecting the air into the vial of insulin but got distracted and failed to draw up the insulin.
I will have to be more careful filling the insulin syringe, and I hate to admit it, I might need help doing this.

Attachments:

Heart palpitations 2 weeks 3 days ago #3575645

• Pats
  • Away
  • Admin
  • Admin
  • Well said received: 5095
  • Honor Medal 2010

oldal wrote: I was having heart palpitations accompanied by labored breathing all evening, was beginning to think I needed to go to the doctor. About 3 hours after eating, I tested my blood sugar and found out the likely cause; my glucose tested 272, the highest ever. The only explanation is I didn't inject any insulin before eating dinner. Since injecting a correction insulin dose, the palpitations are gone, and I feel more relaxed. I must have injected air instead of insulin, caused by filling the syringe with air with the intent of injecting the air into the vial of insulin but got distracted and failed to draw up the insulin.
I will have to be more careful filling the insulin syringe, and I hate to admit it, I might need help doing this.

I understand you live with your family oldal? get one of them to check that you are doing it correctly.

Re. Palpitations, do you have a high caffeine intake? as this can cause palpitations.
Happy to help.
The following user(s) said Well Said: oldal

Last edit: by Pats.

Heart palpitations 2 weeks 3 days ago #3575709

• oldal
  • Away
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Honor Medal 2010

Pats wrote:

oldal wrote: I was having heart palpitations accompanied by labored breathing all evening, was beginning to think I needed to go to the doctor. About 3 hours after eating, I tested my blood sugar and found out the likely cause; my glucose tested 272, the highest ever. The only explanation is I didn't inject any insulin before eating dinner. Since injecting a correction insulin dose, the palpitations are gone, and I feel more relaxed. I must have injected air instead of insulin, caused by filling the syringe with air with the intent of injecting the air into the vial of insulin but got distracted and failed to draw up the insulin.

I understand you live with your family oldal? get one of them to check that you are doing it correctly.

Re. Palpitations, do you have a high caffeine intake? as this can cause palpitations.

My doc changed me to Humalof pens, no more syringes to fill so no more problems like that. Much better for me to get the correct dose.

Heart palpitations 2 weeks 3 days ago #3575715

• Pats
  • Away
  • Admin
  • Admin
  • Well said received: 5095
  • Honor Medal 2010

oldal wrote:

Pats wrote:

My doc changed me to Humalof pens, no more syringes to fill so no more problems like that. Much better for me to get the correct dose.

Excellent........take care.smile.png
Happy to help.
The following user(s) said Well Said: cahoots, Keeper

• Page:
Moderators: mike
Time to create page: 0.191 seconds