TOPIC: Mental Health Advicefor My Fellow Seniors

Mental Health Advicefor My Fellow Seniors 1 week 1 day ago #3293260

• ALON
  • ALON's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Well said received: 236
  • Honor Medal 2010
There are 120 seniors from age 60 to age 98 living here at Assisted Living either alone or with a spouse. The ones with ALZ or Memory Loss live in a separate part of the building and obviously are not computer active.
The rest of us have some degree of physical problems that require some degree of assisted living. Some (very few) of us have some degree of computer & tech knowledge and activity. I am one of the very active ones with my Lap Top, I Phone, I Pad. Because of what tech skills I have my life is made more comfortable and interesting than just vegetating.My mind continues to be sharp and enables me to do my own banking and investing without the help of a CARETAKER. So, My Advice Fellow Seniors. Stay TechActive for your own health.
The following user(s) said Well Said: pascalou, Topsy, Maryjoolz, Keeper, Janquine, Robin, JUJO, Rose57

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Mental Health Advicefor My Fellow Seniors 1 week 1 day ago #3293368

• sciguy18
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1836
  • Honor Medal 2010
You almost need to keep up to date on the techie things out of necessity these days. A lot of forms are online. You can do your banking, shopping, bill paying, schedule appointments, etc. all online.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Rose57

Mental Health Advicefor My Fellow Seniors 1 week 1 day ago #3293371

• Topsy
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 4943
  • Honor Medal 2010

sciguy18 wrote: You almost need to keep up to date on the techie things out of necessity these days. A lot of forms are online. You can do your banking, shopping, bill paying, schedule appointments, etc. all online.

Agree butnot quite so much in the UK

Never let anyone ever dull your sparkle

Mental Health Advicefor My Fellow Seniors 1 week 1 day ago #3293376

• Keeper
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 2012
  • Honor Medal 2010
You can even register to vote online now, they prefer you to.

On reading the form sent us to register to vote, I read that anyone who lives in the UK from any of the EU Countries can register and vote here.

Mental Health Advicefor My Fellow Seniors 1 week 1 day ago #3293393

• Fanny
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 271
  • Honor Medal 2010

Topsy wrote:

sciguy18 wrote: You almost need to keep up to date on the techie things out of necessity these days. A lot of forms are online. You can do your banking, shopping, bill paying, schedule appointments, etc. all online.

Agree butnot quite so much in the UK

no, I'm with sciguy on this one. We deal with utility and credit card bills online, all our savings and investment accounts (we only choose ones with the online option, which is most of them these days), anything to do with owning and running a car, passport renewals, appointments with doctors and dentists, repeat prescription ordering etc etc..

The only one not succumbed to yet is online grocery shopping. It will come, in time.

Mental Health Advicefor My Fellow Seniors 1 week 1 day ago #3293403

• hcf3sf
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 701
  • Honor Medal 2010
I guess I am getting old. Now some online access is via android or apple ios only and I have a difficult time with those.

Blessings,
Harry

Mental Health Advicefor My Fellow Seniors 1 week 4 hours ago #3294244

• JUJO
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 2489

ALON wrote: There are 120 seniors from age 60 to age 98 living here at Assisted Living either alone or with a spouse. The ones with ALZ or Memory Loss live in a separate part of the building and obviously are not computer active.
The rest of us have some degree of physical problems that require some degree of assisted living. Some (very few) of us have some degree of computer & tech knowledge and activity. I am one of the very active ones with my Lap Top, I Phone, I Pad. Because of what tech skills I have my life is made more comfortable and interesting than just vegetating.My mind continues to be sharp and enables me to do my own banking and investing without the help of a CARETAKER. So, My Advice Fellow Seniors. Stay TechActive for your own health.

Very good advice Alon

No home is complete without the pitter patter of kitty feet.

Mental Health Advicefor My Fellow Seniors 1 week 4 hours ago #3294246

• Fanny
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 271
  • Honor Medal 2010

hcf3sf wrote: I guess I am getting old. Now some online access is via android or apple ios only and I have a difficult time with those.

things such as..?

I've never come across that sort of problem. What I have occasionally had bother with is a couple of shopping websites I've been browsing with Windows 10 and its 'Edge' browser - some pics wouldn't display so I just swapped over to Internet Explorer for those bits.

• Page:
Moderators: mike
Time to create page: 0.213 seconds