TOPIC: Gluten Poisoning

Gluten Poisoning 1 month 2 weeks ago #3243807

• Aries1950
  • Aries1950's Avatar Topic Author
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1290
  • Honor Medal 2010
I know "poisoning" is a harsh and scary word, but that's just what it felt like after I went to Price Chopper last week and in a moment of both weakness and stupidity, bought some cheese flavored buns. I had like 3 Friday night, and 2 more Saturday morning. The abdominal pain was something else along with the constipation. I always thought that I was like my sister, and had Non-Celiac Gluten Sensitivity. I wonder if I'm getting closer to Celiac disease. The last 4 or 5 days have not been very pleasant, but it's finally easing up.

A co-worker at the nursing home where I work, told me that she went on a no carb diet for quite some time. Then one day she started eating bread and was doubled over with abdominal pain. Any other food, you can stop eating for awhile, then go back and eat it again, and nothing happens. But you do that with wheat or bread, and your body goes into shock.

The moral of my little mistake is, I guess, "Gluten free, means gluten free!"
The following user(s) said Well Said: Pats, JUJO, Rose57

Please Log in to join the conversation.

TELEVISION HUMOR
Keeping Up Appearances
HYACINTH'S QUOTES-1

To Elizabeth (a neighbor): "Elizabeth, if you could pass round my Royal Doulton
with the hand painted periwinkles."

To a caller on her phone: "This is a private slimline white telephone!"

On the phone with her sister, Rose: "Rose, you will not commit suicide!
I forbid it!"

Gluten Poisoning 1 month 2 weeks ago #3244142

• JUJO
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1739

Aries1950 wrote: I know "poisoning" is a harsh and scary word, but that's just what it felt like after I went to Price Chopper last week and in a moment of both weakness and stupidity, bought some cheese flavored buns. I had like 3 Friday night, and 2 more Saturday morning. The abdominal pain was something else along with the constipation. I always thought that I was like my sister, and had Non-Celiac Gluten Sensitivity. I wonder if I'm getting closer to Celiac disease. The last 4 or 5 days have not been very pleasant, but it's finally easing up.

A co-worker at the nursing home where I work, told me that she went on a no carb diet for quite some time. Then one day she started eating bread and was doubled over with abdominal pain. Any other food, you can stop eating for awhile, then go back and eat it again, and nothing happens. But you do that with wheat or bread, and your body goes into shock.

How are you now Aries?

Gluten Poisoning 1 month 2 weeks ago #3244144

• Aries1950
  • Aries1950's Avatar Topic Author
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1290
  • Honor Medal 2010

JUJO wrote:

Aries1950 wrote: I know "poisoning" is a harsh and scary word, but that's just what it felt like after I went to Price Chopper last week and in a moment of both weakness and stupidity, bought some cheese flavored buns. I had like 3 Friday night, and 2 more Saturday morning. The abdominal pain was something else along with the constipation. I always thought that I was like my sister, and had Non-Celiac Gluten Sensitivity. I wonder if I'm getting closer to Celiac disease. The last 4 or 5 days have not been very pleasant, but it's finally easing up.

How are you now Aries?

Much, much better, thank you. Still some residual effects, but a lot better.

TELEVISION HUMOR
Keeping Up Appearances
HYACINTH'S QUOTES-1

To Elizabeth (a neighbor): "Elizabeth, if you could pass round my Royal Doulton
with the hand painted periwinkles."

To a caller on her phone: "This is a private slimline white telephone!"

On the phone with her sister, Rose: "Rose, you will not commit suicide!
I forbid it!"

Gluten Poisoning 1 month 2 weeks ago #3244149

• JUJO
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1739

Aries1950 wrote:

JUJO wrote:

How are you now Aries?

Much, much better, thank you. Still some residual effects, but a lot better.

Plenty of rest Aries,Take care.

• Page:
Moderators: mike
Time to create page: 0.195 seconds