Halloween: 31 Days of Horror and Science Fiction 3 weeks 1 day ago #3698662

• Aries1950
  • Aries1950's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 311
  • Honor Medal 2010
Last year, I did double features. This year, I thought that I would pair a movie with an episode from an old television series. The TV episodes are from the following series: The Twilight Zone, The Outer Limits, One Step Beyond, Thriller, Tales of Tomorrow, Lights Out, Way Out, & Science Fiction Theater.
Day 1:

The Mummy (British, 1959) From Hammer, with Christopher Lee and Peter Cushing. In 1895 Egypt, archeologists search for the tomb of Princess Ananka, the high priestess of the god Karnak. They are warned of a curse on all desecrators. But they ignore the warning, and of course, there is a mummy seeking revenge. (88 mins)

The Mask (One Step Beyond, 1960) During WWII, a pilot bails out of a crippled plane over the Sahara Desert. After his rescue however, he and his rescuers are stunned to discover that he not only has somehow acquired the memory of an ancient Egyptian pharaoh, but also has the monarch's facial features.
This show ran on ABC from 1959-1961. Originally it was titled Alcoa Presents: One Step Beyond. But in syndication it was changed to One Step Beyond.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Halloween: 31 Days of Horror and Science Fiction 3 weeks 20 hours ago #3698716

• JUJO
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1547
  • Honor Medal 2010
I have no interest in horror,Science Fiction movies,
With Halloween around the corner,a lot of these movies will be getting shown.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Aida

No home is complete without the pitter patter of kitty feet.

Halloween: 31 Days of Horror and Science Fiction 3 weeks 6 hours ago #3698954

• William 58
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 5961
  • Honor Medal 2010
I love SciFi, not very fond of Horror, and extremely dislike Halloween. I believe it should be abolished.

“In the days of my youth, I was told what it means to be a man / Now I've reached that age, I've tried to do all those things the best I can.”

(Jimmy Page, Robert Plant, John Paul Jones & John Bonham)

Halloween: 31 Days of Horror and Science Fiction 3 weeks 4 hours ago #3698995

• Bruce
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1430
  • Honor Medal 2010
I love sci-fi movies, Horror I never watch all the same and boring. Halloween I don't care about it is for the kiddies, I have to admit when I see adults without kids doing the whole halloween thing dressed up shouting boo etc I just feel like shouting have a look in the mirror and grow up.
I don't because I am a gent and if it makes them happy who am I to complain as long as they leave me alone. smile.png

LIVERPOOL FC PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPIONS EUROPEAN CHAMPIONS AND WORLD CLUB CUP CHAMPIONS 2019-2020
Last edit: by Bruce.

Halloween: 31 Days of Horror and Science Fiction 3 weeks 3 hours ago #3699011

• Summerdancing
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Well said received: 275
  • Honor Medal 2010
Really enjoy some sci fi.... horror? Nope. Halloween? Yup...go to my sister's place and they really decorate and have a wonderful time. But admit, when I was teaching, I prayed for rain....

Halloween: 31 Days of Horror and Science Fiction 3 weeks 41 minutes ago #3699028

• Aries1950
  • Away
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Honor Medal 2010
Day 2:
The Angry Red Planet (1959) Four astronauts aboard a spaceship, are the first humans to set foot on Mars. They discover monstrous yet highly intelligent alien life forms, which first attack, then deliver a haunting word of warning intended for all mankind. The movie trailer and ads advertise a film process called CineMagic, which is nothing more than combining hand drawn animations with live action footage. (83 minutes).

Appointment on Mars (Tales of Tomorrow, 1952) Three astronauts land on Mars, hoping to find valuable minerals. After discovering a rich deposit of uranium ore, one of the men becomes increasingly paranoid. Is it just his imagination, or are they being watched?
Tales of Tomorrow aired on ABC from 1951-1953. Episodes can be seen on You Tube.
Attachments:

Last edit: by Aries1950.

Halloween: 31 Days of Horror and Science Fiction 2 weeks 6 days ago #3699374

• Elizabeth
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Well said received: 123
At least it will only last for a month. One of the film channels is already showing Christmas movies and we'll have that stuffed down our throats for the next 3 months. It would be more tolerable if they weren't so yucky and sentimental.

Halloween: 31 Days of Horror and Science Fiction 2 weeks 6 days ago #3699456

• Bruce
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1430
  • Honor Medal 2010

Elizabeth wrote: At least it will only last for a month. One of the film channels is already showing Christmas movies and we'll have that stuffed down our throats for the next 3 months. It would be more tolerable if they weren't so yucky and sentimental.

Thank the lord for other channels if I was subjected to horror and christmas movies for a month I would quickly be posting in the boredom thread just before I reached the lost the will to live section. :lol:

Nothing around here halloweeny yet mind you they don't usually bother until the end of the month (not me I lock the gates on halloween night)
The wife does loads of special effect faces etc for people who go these halloween parties for adults and they keep paying her every year absolute madness but she is trained and she is good credit where it is due. She makes money I go into a different room and watch tv.

LIVERPOOL FC PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPIONS EUROPEAN CHAMPIONS AND WORLD CLUB CUP CHAMPIONS 2019-2020

Halloween: 31 Days of Horror and Science Fiction 2 weeks 6 days ago #3699470

• Aries1950
  • Away
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Honor Medal 2010
Day 3
Tormented (1960) A man lets a former girlfriend fall to her death, rather than let her interfere with his new relationship. But her ghost returns to disrupt his impending nuptials. (75 min)

The After Hours (Twilight Zone, 1960) Classic episode from the first season where shopper Marsha White in a large department store discovers to her horror, that she really is a store mannequin.
The Twilight Zone aired on CBS, from 1959-1964.
Attachments:

Halloween: 31 Days of Horror and Science Fiction 2 weeks 5 days ago #3699870

• Aries1950
  • Away
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Honor Medal 2010
Day 4

Caltiki, The Immortal Monster (Italian, 1959) A team of archaeologists in Mexico, encounter an amorphous blob like monster that appears to be connected with the collapse of the Mayan civilization. (76 min)

Hour of Nightmare (Science Fiction Theater, 1955) A husband and wife freelance photography team travels to Mexico to photograph mysterious flying objects in the night sky, and stumble upon a dead alien.

Science Fiction Theater was a syndicated show (it was not filmed by a network), that ran from 1955-1957. The 1st season was shot in color, while the 2nd season was in black and white.
Attachments:

Last edit: by Aries1950.
Time to create page: 0.212 seconds