Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Many Buzzers are also members of Facebook and so this category is for us to share thoughts and ideas.
Our Facebook page is at https://www.facebook.com/buzz50seniors
  • Page:

TOPIC: Beware Of Other Chat Site

Beware Of Other Chat Site 1 year 1 week ago #2999660

• Lilacposy
  • Lilacposy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I am sure that many of us have either been on or are still on FB. After being on this for years, no problems at all, after coming out of hospital recently, went on, started to reply to a message and in 20 seconds, FB closed me down, said I was scamming??. I tried to contact them but being locked out, you cant access the help pages, there appeared to be no phone number either until...I found one...sadly.
On phoning the help number which was a London number, immediately, it was directed to India. There, the operator wanted me to give full control of my computer to him which of course I refused. He told me I had changed my password over and over which is true because a message kept coming up, change the password to be able to log in...32 times actually. Then he told me I had to give him my password for my private email address linked with FB, he must have thought I was pretty stupid and would give it, I of course refused. Then he told me, don't worry, I am already in your other email address. I then had to rush and change my passwords for all my email addresses.
FB to date have not replied to any emails, they give a phone number for a scammer in India, at the end, I have had to write to them at their London address. All my pictures, all my friends on there are now lost to me as is the church site I ran on there also and I have no idea why. Tonight, I heard this has now happened to someone else who did manage to make contact with me by phone.
I would like to warn you of now going on to this site because of the experience I had with them and can fully understand why they find themselves in trouble as they are.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Beware Of Other Chat Site 1 year 1 week ago #2999830

• Mykle
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
F B is one of the most dangerous sites to be on, 100s if not 1000s of people have been scammed on there. This last post is typical of how easy it is for these people to get into our personal details etc, many , many people have been taken in because they are not as vigilant as "Lilacposy"
I personally wouldnt go near F B but thats my choice

Beware Of Other Chat Site 1 year 1 week ago #2999844

• Sirfurryanimal
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 3921
  • Honor Medal 2010
My FB account has been mothballed for sometime but you can still access stuff there without logging in.Prefer [email protected] is me.

The Cornish Pasty

Beware Of Other Chat Site 1 year 1 week ago #2999854

• JUJO
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I have heard good and bad things about Facebook,everyone has a different opinion.

Beware Of Other Chat Site 1 year 1 week ago #2999982

• maddy
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 770
  • Honor Medal 2010
sounds to me like a scam --never give out passwords on the phone as they dont need them .....people get so caught up with fb / and it can backfire very badly -- i go on only to see family never even speak to anyone i dont know ' not that i use it hardly '' how people can put up pic of kids ie never know -and tell all there troubles on it - scammers are on it it 24/7 looking for a little niche to slip into ...

Beware Of Other Chat Site 1 year 1 week ago #2999991

• darren123
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Well said received: 100
  • Honor Medal 2010
had FB for years but only a rare user, only have 7 close family and friends on there to follow there exploits, they seem to be using it less and less but i've never had any trouble.

Beware Of Other Chat Site 2 months 2 weeks ago #3204032

• Aries1950
  • Away
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1285
  • Honor Medal 2010
Never had an account with them. Never had a desire. Especially after hearing about all of those phony news stories on FB leading up to the last election.

Remembering Harry Chapin 12/7/42-7/16/81
I Wanna Learn a Love Song

She said, "I want to learn a love song full of happy things."
She said, "I want to learn a love song; won't you let me hear you sing?"
She said, "I want to learn a love song, I want to hear you play."
She said, "I want to learn a love song before you go away."

Beware Of Other Chat Site 2 months 2 weeks ago #3204044

• JUJO
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1215
  • Honor Medal 2010
I guess Facebook is like everything else in life,good and bad points, it may work well for some people,but not for other people,I myself am not on Facebook,but do know many people who are on it,and they spend hours on Facebook.

Beware Of Other Chat Site 2 months 2 weeks ago #3204153

• hcf3sf
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Well said received: 355
  • Honor Medal 2010
I do use Facebook to keep up with other friends and family. I like this site since you can chat with people and it is not visible to anyone else but you and who you are chatting with. This site seems more personal in some ways.

Where did you find the number that you called for FB? If it was included in the email, then I believe that was part of the spammer's attempt.

The only wierd thing that has happened to me on FB a couple times is I get a message that someone tried to login to my account from someplace on the other side of the world. When that happens, I immediately change my password. So far, no other problems.

Blessings,
Harry

Beware Of Other Chat Site 2 months 4 days ago #3213293

• Corvette
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 422
  • Honor Medal 2010
Every chat site has things people do not like. Most of the time there is always a way to block things you do not
want to see. You must remember how chat sites make money from every time you make a post in chat. Chat is
a business called " selling your info".

• Page:
Moderators: pascaloumike
Time to create page: 0.206 seconds