Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Many Buzzers are also members of Facebook and so this category is for us to share thoughts and ideas.
Our Facebook page is at https://www.facebook.com/buzz50seniors

TOPIC: are you a fan of face book

are you a fan of face book 1 year 3 months ago #2926894

• Right Now
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 2871
  • Honor Medal 2010
Yes, I've used Facebook daily for several years. I held out for a long time, but my classmates have reconnected on there. If I hadn't joined, I would have missed seeing them after so many years, and know where they now live.

It also helps when a friend needs a phone call to support them in a time of crisis. I wouldn't have heard they were going through something if I waited for a phone call. So much faster to reach out and connect immediately.

As for the recipe posts, political bashing, and general posting of what one ate that day, not so much to miss!

You can scroll past any subject or post you don't want to read or see. Set your preferences to your own liking.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Jennet

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Better to be be surprised at what's around the next corner than to plan on what I might find there.
Last edit: by Right Now.

are you a fan of face book 1 year 3 months ago #2926906

• Tachyon
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1542
  • Honor Medal 2010
Not a fan of Fecesbook. Never has so much been written concerning so little by so many people.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Missey, Bonzo

are you a fan of face book 1 year 3 months ago #2926927

• NewTricks
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1710
  • Honor Medal 2010
Yes I like Facebook although it has its faults but the good out ways the bad.
Find Facebook useful for keeping in touch with friends and family who live far away and enjoy Some of the games on there too.

Better to be thought a fool........
than to open your mouth and prove it!

are you a fan of face book 1 year 3 months ago #2926938

• LovelyMeerkat
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 440
  • Honor Medal 2010
Facebook is good for getting back in touch with people I have not seen for a while. I also belong to a couple of groups relating to places from my youth. It has been good to see photographs from where I was growing up. I don't get why some people feel it necessary to post their whole life on it. I see people posting that they've 'checked into' a pub or restaurant for a meal/drink with friends. If you are enjoying the company, why would you need to get out your mobile and post a message?

are you a fan of face book 1 year 3 months ago #2927631

• Miesque
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 667
  • Honor Medal 2010
Tried FB ..... moved on very quickly, not my scene. No intention of returning. There are many other means of keeping in touch with friends and family if that is what you need.

Love minus zero = no limit! Dylan

are you a fan of face book 1 year 3 months ago #2927649

• Vienna
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 3879
  • Honor Medal 2010
Not particularly - i hide or delete a lot of posts because they're so OTT, but it's great for keeping in touch with family living in various parts of the UK. I also have a nephew working in Vietnam at the moment - his posts are really interesting..

are you a fan of face book 1 year 3 months ago #2927741

• UKJohn
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Heard this recently. Sorry if posted already. For years, the worst thing you could do would be to read another's diary. Now those details are published for the world to see. Don't get it. But then, I'm not in the demographic...

are you a fan of face book 1 year 3 months ago #2927756

• bluegrassmusicfan
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Well said received: 239
  • Honor Medal 2010
Nope.
I am in 2 closed groups...people i have known online since about 1998..when we met in various char rooms and BB and forums united by a common thing.
(someone had to pay to have the access...so when FB came along, and it was free...we agreed to have a a group on there)
I have 26 friends....all people I have known online for years..not interested in adding any strangers.
That's all i use it for.

My security settings are locked down tight...and I use FaceBook Purity to eliminate the unneccesary crap like "Suggested Groups" and news....

are you a fan of face book 1 year 3 months ago #2927936

• himerus
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 2538
  • Honor Medal 2010
Nothing I hear about Facebook persuades me to join.

are you a fan of face book 1 year 3 months ago #2927950

• sadoldman
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
not even if they offered you a millions twits that will follow and read every post - opppps that's twitter. how about a million cyber face friends that will adore and praise every post you do ?

himerus where are you - oppppps you signing up - new the power of persuasion would work.

Moderators: pascaloumike
Time to create page: 0.223 seconds