Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Many Buzzers are also members of Facebook and so this category is for us to share thoughts and ideas.
Our Facebook page is at https://www.facebook.com/buzz50seniors
  • Page:

TOPIC: Buzz50 on Facebook

Buzz50 on Facebook 4 years 8 months ago #2147326

• michael1948
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Yes, I'm sure I can block people, and I have put a complaint in once. What I dislike is the way some people become abusive to anyone who disagrees. I always think there is a difference between being controversial, and being abusive. I love an argument, but it should be a case of disagreeing with an argument, and not violently attacking the person who holds a different point of view. One of these is civilised behaviour, and the other is just yobbishness, which seems on the increase these days. Look at the foul-mouthed insults hurled at major politicians on Twitter.

I just cannot be bothered with it.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Buzz50 on Facebook 4 years 8 months ago #2147814

• altshovel
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1969
  • Honor Medal 2010
I use Facebook and the settings. I like it because I have friends that I actually see in the "meat world." Also my family is on it and they can keep tabs on what interests me and vice versa. The people I do not know outside of the virtual world I pick, '' follow because we have mutual interests. Some are promoting their wares, arts, crafts, services and so on. There are community pages like the Ojai Community Network, there's a Vintage Los Angeles, So Cal Historical Architecture, San Fernando Valley Relics, Harley Davidson Shovelhead Owners, Antique Motorcycle Club of America's (includes all foreign bikes too), and a bunch of other things that interest me. Anyhow for all the hassle and drawbacks the benefits outweigh the costs for me.
I liked the Buzz50 page.
The following user(s) said Well Said: lewkat

“Someone has said that it requires less mental effort to condemn than to think.”
Last edit: by altshovel.

Buzz50 on Facebook 4 years 7 months ago #2178488

• Tova
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I feel the same way about the posts on fb. So many people seem so angry and quick to verbally assault. A few times I even let myself get drawn into the negativity and I don't like that about myself! I had to put my account on hold as well. I miss the contact with my family on there but then again I have to get myself back to a good frame of mind and attitude.

Buzz50 on Facebook 4 years 7 months ago #2178490

• Tova
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Michael1948: Exactly! I feel the same exact way. I have tried the settings and I use blocking, etc. After awhile I just don't want to bothered with it for awhile. I didn't permanently delete my account, I will go back after a time because my family (who live a distance away) are on there. For me, connecting with family by internet is cheaper than cell phone calls, and they all use FB all the time.

Last edit: by Tova. Reason: wanted to make sure I addressed right person.

Buzz50 on Facebook 4 years 6 months ago #2193277

• Angie1953
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Im a bit of a Facebook fanatic. If you need any help let me know I might be able to tell you.

Buzz50 on Facebook 4 years 6 months ago #2208658

• Bumble50
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I'm on Facebook and have just Liked you on there! If you want my Facebook details, just ask and I'll send it to you. Thanks.
Bumble.

Buzz50 on Facebook 4 years 2 months ago #2311552

• Arpeggio
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Angie1953 wrote: Im a bit of a Facebook fanatic. If you need any help let me know I might be able to tell you.

I have to log on every time I go on Facebook Angie. How can I correct this?

• Page:
Moderators: pascaloumike
Time to create page: 0.196 seconds