Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Many Buzzers are also members of Facebook and so this category is for us to share thoughts and ideas.
Our Facebook page is at https://www.facebook.com/buzz50seniors
  • Page:

TOPIC: Buzz50 on Facebook

Buzz50 on Facebook 4 years 10 months ago #2082002

• mike
  • mike's Avatar Topic Author
  • Admin
  • Admin
  • Well said received: 860
  • Honor Medal 2010
Buzz50 is on Facebook and lots of new members come from our Facebook page.

If you are a member of Facebook then please 'Like' or page and share it and its posts with as many of your friends as you can.

Click here for Buzz50 on Facebook

I am not a Facebook expert by any means so if you can help and give advice as to how we can promote it then I will be delighted to listen :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Mike
Site Admin
Head Buzzer !

We have an amazing over 50 senior friendship and dating service that is worth a try!
Mila and I did!

Buzz50 on Facebook 4 years 10 months ago #2082333

• lensman
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1512
  • Honor Medal 2010
To be honest, it needs to be interesting. Looking at it all I see is mostly blocks of text. There are a couple of videos but little or no interaction. It gives information but that's about all. Once a viewer has read the information there isn't much to keep them coming back.
Perhaps people who attend meets would allow the use of some pictures?
Not being nasty but speaking from experience, a status or post with pictures performs better than those without and if the pictures are moving they tend to do better still.
Another thing is that a business page can't have "friends" just likes & shares, so possibly an account purely for Buzz would help.

Buzz50 on Facebook 4 years 10 months ago #2083139

• mike
  • mike's Avatar Topic Author
  • Admin
  • Admin
  • Well said received: 860
  • Honor Medal 2010

lensman wrote: To be honest, it needs to be interesting. Looking at it all I see is mostly blocks of text. There are a couple of videos but little or no interaction. It gives information but that's about all. Once a viewer has read the information there isn't much to keep them coming back.
Perhaps people who attend meets would allow the use of some pictures?
Not being nasty but speaking from experience, a status or post with pictures performs better than those without and if the pictures are moving they tend to do better still.
Another thing is that a business page can't have "friends" just likes & shares, so possibly an account purely for Buzz would help.

Great comments lensman and thank you for them.

Yes, pictures from meets would be a great idea, I now have that on my list.

No, there isn't much to bring people back.

One good thing about our Facebook page is that it is bringing quite a few new members to Buzz every day and the news about Buzz is here on our site.

I was not aware that you could have a site for an organisation, I thought that it had to be just what we have, 'business page'. Lensman, do you or does anybody else know how to go about this?

Mike
Site Admin
Head Buzzer !

We have an amazing over 50 senior friendship and dating service that is worth a try!
Mila and I did!

Buzz50 on Facebook 4 years 10 months ago #2083152

• QuietMouse01
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1465
  • Honor Medal 2010
Hi Mike......I have shared your latest video on Facebook, so all my 'friends' will see it, and
perhaps they might decide to join Buzz50...... :)

Until one has loved an animal,
part of their soul remains unawakened.

Buzz50 on Facebook 4 years 10 months ago #2093122

• altshovel
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1998
  • Honor Medal 2010
I've been spending a lot of time on facebook lately. I have Buzz on my friends list. (;;)
The following user(s) said Well Said: lewkat

“Someone has said that it requires less mental effort to condemn than to think.”

Buzz50 on Facebook 4 years 9 months ago #2096797

• NightSpirit
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I'm also on FB and have liked this site already.

Buzz50 on Facebook 4 years 8 months ago #2129489

• April34
  • New Buzzer
  • New Buzzer
  • Well said received: 5
  • Honor Medal 2010
'Morning Mike. I have addedcBuzz to my friends list on FaceBook. The more the merrier!

Buzz50 on Facebook 4 years 8 months ago #2129492

• Fleur-rose
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1193
  • Honor Medal 2010
I also asked friends to join.

Now spot Mike and Mila

Attachments:

Buzz50 on Facebook 4 years 8 months ago #2134470

• michael1948
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I have 'liked' the page on Facebook.
However, I have temporarily turned off my Facebook account, because I have been getting so many posts, some with bad language, to do with the election. (UK). Some of it is from people I know, but I don't want it, so rather than cut out people who are otherwise quite welcome, I have stopped it.
Facebook and Twitter seem to bring out the worst in some people, who become unusually abusive where politics is concerned. We are in the middle of a seemingly endless election campaign, which gets more and more unpleasant as it goes on.
Maybe I'll return to it when the abuse stops.

Buzz50 on Facebook 4 years 8 months ago #2146690

• CatnipLuvsTiger
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I'm not a FB fan either but question to you is why bother reading the negative responses? Check your FB settings. I'm not sure about this but maybe you can place some type of block on them OR put in a complaint by clicking the right upper arrow key...the drop down menus speaks for itself. Lol No one ever told you that politics and religion are controversial topics?? Lol Good luck!

• Page:
Moderators: pascaloumike
Time to create page: 0.242 seconds