From type 2 to type 1 2 months 1 week ago #3550304

• oldal
  • oldal's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1465
  • Honor Medal 2010
Doc thinks I might be changing from type 2 to type 1 diabetic. My glucose has been rising long after meals, and I have been taking correction shots of Humalog to keep it down.

So now I am taking 3 types of insulin:
Lantus for basil -- 20units in the evening
Regular before meals -- depending on how many carbs in a planned meal (1 unit for every 1.7 carbs)
Humalog for corrections. -- used for corrections when testing high (1 unit for each 20 mmol/L)

Do any insulin users care to share their regime?
Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, it's not the end

Please Log in to join the conversation.

From type 2 to type 1 2 months 1 week ago #3550361

• JUJO
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1328
  • Honor Medal 2010

oldal wrote: Doc thinks I might be changing from type 2 to type 1 diabetic. My glucose has been rising long after meals, and I have been taking correction shots of Humalog to keep it down.

Regular before meals -- depending on how many carbs in a planned meal (1 unit for every 1.7 carbs)
Humalog for corrections. -- used for corrections when testing high (1 unit for each 20 mmol/L)

Do you attend a diabetic clinic? They can help,advise,guide you.
No home is complete without the pitter patter of kitty feet.

From type 2 to type 1 2 months 1 week ago #3550362

• Pats
  • Away
  • Admin
  • Admin
  • Well said received: 5083
  • Honor Medal 2010

oldal wrote: Doc thinks I might be changing from type 2 to type 1 diabetic. My glucose has been rising long after meals, and I have been taking correction shots of Humalog to keep it down.

Has your Doctor ordered a C-peptide test.?

This test measures how much insulin the person’s pancreas is producing to distinguish whether you have type 1 or type 2 diabetes
Happy to help.

Last edit: by Pats.

From type 2 to type 1 2 months 1 week ago #3550369

• oldal
  • Away
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Honor Medal 2010

JUJO wrote:

Do you attend a diabetic clinic? They can help,advise,guide you.

I went to 2 week diabetes management course years ago. I went to diabetes support group meetings for years but not in last 4 years.

From type 2 to type 1 2 months 1 week ago #3550372

• oldal
  • Away
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Honor Medal 2010

Pats wrote:

This test measures how much insulin the person’s pancreas is producing to distinguish whether you have type 1 or type 2 diabetes

My talk with the doc was an online conference. He has ordered tests at a nearby clinic but not sure which ones. I'm not sure if I will go out to get the tests. I only go out when necessary. I had almost every known test when I was in the hospital, including diabetes-related tests. They were so amazed that my A1c test was 5.8, that they reran it. It was 5.6 for the second time.

From type 2 to type 1 2 months 1 week ago #3550397

• oldal
  • Away
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Honor Medal 2010
I can't go to sleep if my blood sugar isn't stabilized. I just tested high and will take a small Humalog correction shot. It's 2:30i AM here and need to wait for 2-hour .s. I'll set the alarm to wake me up to test again, but it will be hard to go back to sleep after that.

From type 2 to type 1 2 months 1 week ago #3550426

• sandoval
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Well said received: 163
  • Honor Medal 2010
There is an alternative. Change your diet.
The following user(s) said Well Said: aviator

From type 2 to type 1 2 months 1 week ago #3550440

• aviator
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 599
  • Honor Medal 2010

oldal wrote:

Pats wrote:

My talk with the doc was an online conference. He has ordered tests at a nearby clinic but not sure which ones. I'm not sure if I will go out to get the tests. I only go out when necessary. I had almost every known test when I was in the hospital, including diabetes-related tests. They were so amazed that my A1c test was 5.8, that they reran it. It was 5.6 for the second time.

5.6?

should that not mean it is under control.

any way, my good wishes.

From type 2 to type 1 2 months 1 week ago #3550445

• oldal
  • Away
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Honor Medal 2010

aviator wrote:

oldal wrote:

Pats wrote:

5.6?

should that not mean it is under control.

anyway, my good wishes.

I was in the hospital several months ago; then it was under good control. The problems I posted are now and come on quite quickly rather than a slow progression.

From type 2 to type 1 2 months 1 week ago #3550841

• JUJO
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1328
  • Honor Medal 2010
You must be very careful about your diet,and exercise,if you can possibly do a little gentle exercise this could help you, if your doctor is keeping a note of your weight,he/she will know if your weight is acceptable.,
No home is complete without the pitter patter of kitty feet.

Last edit: by JUJO.
  • Page:
Moderators: Pascaloumike
Time to create page: 0.212 seconds