• Page:

TOPIC: High glucose

High glucose 2 months 1 week ago #3552364

• sandoval
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Well said received: 163
  • Honor Medal 2010
Not for me to tell you what to eat Dan but a Banana is the same as 6 spoons of sugar which wouldn't help your HBA1C. Diabetes is progressive and it takes more determination to keep our blood levels down the longer we have diabetes but it can be done by cutting the carbs. Unless of course you are happy to go down the insulin route. At least you have a choice.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Dan Dare, Morgeno1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

High glucose 2 months 1 week ago #3552440

• Pats
  • Admin
  • Admin
  • Well said received: 5083
  • Honor Medal 2010
Oldal.

Did you seek advice from your Doctors surgery?
They have your medical history and they will advise you.
Happy to help.

High glucose 2 months 1 week ago #3552482

• Dan Dare
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Well said received: 541
  • Honor Medal 2010

sandoval wrote: Not for me to tell you what to eat Dan but a Banana is the same as 6 spoons of sugar which wouldn't help your HBA1C. Diabetes is progressive and it takes more determination to keep our blood levels down the longer we have diabetes but it can be done by cutting the carbs. Unless of course you are happy to go down the insulin route. At least you have a choice.

Thanks for the heads up there Sandoval. Getting the diet right is hard.
I checked out Bananas and they do help my Hypertension, have good fibre, medium GI at 58 but full of fructose sugar as you said.
From what I read it's best to eat them in moderation and when they're greenish. That's hard as they yellow up so quick.

I also eat frozen Blueberries thinking them low gi too, but they have the sugar too. Same with most fruits which is a pity.
Maybe the solution is to simply eat less fruit?
What about Apples @ GI of 34?

High glucose 2 months 1 week ago #3552517

• sandoval
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Well said received: 163
  • Honor Medal 2010
Being diabetics sucks, that's for sure. Before I was diabetic I used to call Bananas a meal in a peel but diabetes put an end to that. The sugar in fruit is fructose which goes straight to the liver and can cause fatty liver which makes you less insulin resistant. I've found low carb alternatives to most food but there is no alternative to fruit which I used to love so I just have it as a treat. Berries are the best for diabetics, in small amounts. My favourite sweet is a recipe from low carb londoner and it is low carb cheesecake (creamcheese) base of almond flour - topped with strawberries and cream for total of about 6 carbs. Also carrot cake for two goes down a treat , again about 6 carbs each cake.
You can get your fiber from inulin (not insulin) which you can add to food and drinks. Basically if it ain't broken leave it alone but if your HBA1C is going up you might want to try a few changes. It's not easy but it's doable if you're determined.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Dan Dare

Last edit: by sandoval.
  • Page:
Moderators: Pascaloumike
Time to create page: 0.204 seconds