TOPIC: Pre-Diabetes Reversal course

Pre-Diabetes Reversal course 6 months 4 days ago #3137471

• sandoval
  • Away
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 328
  • Honor Medal 2010
What is so bizarre to me is that if all the health professional in all the doctors and all the hospitals around the world know all the answers (apart from the ones I have met which is quite a few in 15 years) ) why is the use of Insulin rising at such an alarming rate when it is only used after oral drugs have stopped working ?. Could it be the NHS diabetic diet plan " there is nothing you can't eat if you are diabetic" ? ? Yes losing weight will help to lower blood sugar slightly but if you don't lose fat from the Liver you would still be Insulin resistant so the diabetes will simply get worse. It's not the fat you see, it's the fat you don't see. I lost over a stone in weight but was still given a syringe and insulin and I didn't even use it so it's not me pushing up the increase in Insulin.
If only it was as simple as diet and exercise the NHS wouldn't be spending £15 billion a year on diabetes would they?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Pre-Diabetes Reversal course 5 months 2 weeks ago #3147954

• Jennet
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1895
  • Honor Medal 2010
When you eat a plant based diet, you are getting lots of fiber from the plants to offset the carbs, so you net carbs are low!!

Pre-Diabetes Reversal course 5 months 2 weeks ago #3148458

• sandoval
  • Away
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Honor Medal 2010
A few weeks ago Diabetes UK came out with an article saying 500 people a week are dying early from Diabetes but when I looked at their diet advice, like all the others it says Fruit is good for you and Carbs are good for energy and good health ?? The evidence based diets/lifestyle are easy to find so why do they stick to the same old diet plans ??
Presumably if ONE organisation changed the diet and saw positive changes the others would follow.

www.diabetes.org.uk/about_us/news/premature-deaths-diabetes

Last edit: by sandoval.

Pre-Diabetes Reversal course 5 months 2 weeks ago #3148799

• Elspeth
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 7022
  • Honor Medal 2010
A plant based whole food diet can help reverse type 2 diabetes...see the iThrive docu series on YouTube by American Jon McMahon who reversed his and the neuropathy he suffered from.

Last edit: by Pats. Reason: incorrect video posting format removed as per rules.

Pre-Diabetes Reversal course 5 months 2 weeks ago #3148844

• sandoval
  • Away
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Honor Medal 2010
Too many things a diabetic (trying to reverse) can't eat on plant based like oatmeal,pasta,fruit,rice etc. LCHF keto is much easier imo but plant based without the carbs would work. Point I was making was the diabetic charity showing the number of early deaths for diabetes still use a historic diet that is contributing to the damage. Apparently it took 40 years to get the smoking message taken seriously but now they're realising that even though smoking has dropped Heart disease is still rising and nearly all Heart disease is from diabetes.

Last edit: by sandoval.

Pre-Diabetes Reversal course 5 months 2 weeks ago #3148909

• KayyGee
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 3749
  • Honor Medal 2010
I'm having a little trepidation in mentioning this but I do think it important.

Last Tuesday my brother passed away. The cause, at this stage, was heart failure. His weakened heart was caused by his Type 2 diabetes, which was the result of his considerable weight, which was the result of him ignoring all advice to bring his weight under control. Over the past couple of years he had lapsed into several diabetic coma's, anyone of which might have been terminal. When it may have made a difference he was refused medical intervention because no doctor would accept the risk of operating on someone of his size. So we've known for sometime that this would be his outcome and despite urging from his doctors, social workers, friends and most importantly family for him to alter his path he continued with the lifestyle he chose for himself. That lifestyle included living with incontinence, failing kidneys, continuous infections in his legs, which many say he should have lost years ago, antibiotic resistance and a degree of social stigma causing depression and a very lonely existence.

He is now at peace, I truly hope we can enjoy your company for many more years.

Pre-Diabetes Reversal course 5 months 2 weeks ago #3148983

• Vegemite Kid
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 12153
  • Honor Medal 2010
I am sorry about your brother Kaygee.

Am not posting any more about the actual topic but wanted to acknowledge your post :xxx:

Pre-Diabetes Reversal course 5 months 2 weeks ago #3149097

• sandoval
  • Away
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Honor Medal 2010
Very sorry to hear of your loss Kayygee but Heart disease is the No1 killer in the world and latest research shows 90% of it is caused by Insulin resistance. They have done studies on non diabetics who died of Heart attacks and found that most were simply undiagnosed diabetics - that is the scale of the problem. It still angers me that you have to be a maverick to reverse diabetes when it kills so many.

Pre-Diabetes Reversal course 5 months 2 weeks ago #3149119

• Pats
  • Admin
  • Admin
  • Well said received: 11517
  • Honor Medal 2010

KayyGee wrote: I'm having a little trepidation in mentioning this but I do think it important.

Last Tuesday my brother passed away. The cause, at this stage, was heart failure. His weakened heart was caused by his Type 2 diabetes, which was the result of his considerable weight, which was the result of him ignoring all advice to bring his weight under control. Over the past couple of years he had lapsed into several diabetic coma's, anyone of which might have been terminal. When it may have made a difference he was refused medical intervention because no doctor would accept the risk of operating on someone of his size. So we've known for sometime that this would be his outcome and despite urging from his doctors, social workers, friends and most importantly family for him to alter his path he continued with the lifestyle he chose for himself. That lifestyle included living with incontinence, failing kidneys, continuous infections in his legs, which many say he should have lost years ago, antibiotic resistance and a degree of social stigma causing depression and a very lonely existence.

He is now at peace.

I am saddened to hear that KayGee.

My condolences to you and your family at this sad time.:(

Happy to help.

Pre-Diabetes Reversal course 5 months 2 weeks ago #3149238

• sandoval
  • Away
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Honor Medal 2010
Good to see NHS diabetes diet guideline finally being challenged but 12 doctors against the NHS might take decades. At least it's a start.

Challenging the dietary guidelines
In 2016, a group of 12 leading doctors formed a charity, the Public Health Collaboration (PHC), that is dedicated towards challenging the current dietary guidelines.

As type 2 diabetes is one of the leading health conditions in adults, dietary changes to prevent type 2 diabetes is a primary focus for the PHC.

One of the doctors involved with the PHC is GP Dr David Unwin. At his practice, Dr Unwin has encouraged patients to tackle diabetes by reducing high carbohydrate intake down to a healthier, low-carb level.

The strategy has had significant success and enabled many of his patients to reduce or come off their diabetes medication

Moderators: pascaloumike
Time to create page: 0.224 seconds