Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: The Family Reunion that Happened!

The Family Reunion that Happened! 6 months 3 weeks ago #3652727

• AntiqueLace1
  • AntiqueLace1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1762
  • Honor Medal 2010
Intro: Buzz over the months has had some fun story telling threads develop
via the participation of it's members. Members chose their own character
and names in this story. You may participate as you wish, once a week,
once a month, or as interested. You may take this story where you'd like.
Have fun, make it interesting, enjoy your character and hope to see you
at the Family Reunion that Happened!
The following user(s) said Well Said: William 58

Please Log in to join the conversation.

The Family Reunion that Happened! 6 months 3 weeks ago #3652739

• AntiqueLace1
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Honor Medal 2010
My character will be Ginger Thompson, I am 47 years old now, have not seen
most of the family for some years..... I do plan to attend this summer family
reunion, am a bit hesitant yet excited!

Relatives will be traveling from all over, it will be the biggest reunion our family
has ever had.

Make your travel arrangements, book a hotel, stay with a relative, and we hope
to see you soon.

Reunion begins on July 7th, let us know if you will be attending?

Hope to see you there!

Last edit: by AntiqueLace1.

The Family Reunion that Happened! 6 months 3 weeks ago #3652758

• RichardA
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 634
  • Honor Medal 2010
Charlie Wilson sat on the big rock overlooking the small cove watching the breakers and pondering about whether to go to this 'reunion" Initially he decided he wouldn't but having thought about it some he decided that if Ginger was going it could be a bit of a laugh....
The following user(s) said Well Said: QuietMouse01, William 58, AntiqueLace1

The Family Reunion that Happened! 6 months 3 weeks ago #3652770

• AntiqueLace1
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Honor Medal 2010
Charlie Wilson, I look forward to seeing you again. You do remember our last visit don't you? It seems like ages ago, these past 7 years have flown by very fast! I still go by Ginger and sometimes my nickname Gin...

The Family Reunion that Happened! 6 months 3 weeks ago #3652772

• RichardA
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Honor Medal 2010
When Charlie got home he called a couple of his cousins to see if they might be going, Steve was up for it…'the last one was hilarious” he said. Matthew wasn’t at all keen….” No!.not after the last one…no way, I nearly got arrested”
Ok thought Charlie…at least Steve’s onboard…not surprised to be honest, he fancies Ginger and if nothing else he’s an opportunist…..
The following user(s) said Well Said: William 58, AntiqueLace1

The Family Reunion that Happened! 6 months 3 weeks ago #3652867

• AntiqueLace1
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Honor Medal 2010
Ginger contemplates flying to the family's ranch and staying at a nearby bed and breakfast for a couple weeks. The grandparents still owned and ran Kettleton Ranch. Horseback riding, campfire stories, even nearby fishing, being near the hot springs and bubbling mud pots, there was always something to do! Last reunion unfolding in a bit of a precarious way, left a few family and extended family members not wanting to return for this reunion.....I still think the turn out will be mostly great, so I am going to book my flight and start packing...Ginger makes a few more invite calls. I am reminding family that the nearby town has lots of activities too, so just come and let loose, and have a hopping grand time!

The Family Reunion that Happened! 6 months 3 weeks ago #3653307

• William 58
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 6094
  • Honor Medal 2010
Hey, hey, what is this!?, I think to myself as I rifle through the stack of mail I just pulled out of my over stuffed mail box. I had just returned home from a 10 day road trip with the team, so I wasn't the least bit surprised that my mail box was crammed full.

The piece of mail I was looking at took me completely by surprise. "'Hot damn," I said out loud. I hadn't received any correspondence from Ginger in quite some time. Although the primary reason for that was my own doing. I loved my big Sis. Even though she was 10 years older than me, we had always been very close. I was just a lousy little brother at times, and was horrible at initiating any form of contact.

I tore the envelope open and read the contents of the letter. A huge smile arose on my face. Was it time for the family reunion already? My God how time flew. Hell yeah I would be at that reunion. Nothing could keep me away. Well, except for Beamer of course. My boss could squash my excitement instantly right into the ground. But I could work him for the time off. I knew I could. Yes indeed, Nathaniel Sanders would be at that reunion at Kettleton Ranch in Good Hope, Pennsylvania.**

I was so looking forward to seeing and spending time with Gin again. If not for her, I would be lying in some decrepit doorway in the Mission District, wondering where my next meal was coming from. Plus, there were a certain few others who would probably be at that reunion who I was eagerly looking forward to seeing again. They, however, would not be happy to see me. Well, that would really just be too bad for them.

[** The small rural town of Good Hope is located less than 10 miles due West of Harrisburg, PA, just across the Susquehanna River, with Conodoquinet Creek winding through it.]
The following user(s) said Well Said: AntiqueLace1

“In the days of my youth, I was told what it means to be a man / Now I've reached that age, I've tried to do all those things the best I can.”

(Jimmy Page, Robert Plant, John Paul Jones & John Bonham)

The Family Reunion that Happened! 6 months 3 weeks ago #3653369

• senile1
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I am John Banner, the black sheep of the family. Shocked to be invited, I am only going for the embarrassment it may bring certain members of the family.Gleefully pondering the looks on their faces when I appear, I make my reservations with a sinister smile upon my face.

The Family Reunion that Happened! 6 months 3 weeks ago #3653616

• RichardA
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Honor Medal 2010
Charlie had managed to get Mark Spencer to keep an eye on things at the factory over the weekend of the reunion…. until Wednesday, as a precaution after last time
He hoped Ginger had encouraged a few more women this time….the cat fight last time was to say the least ‘stimulating’ he recalled.
I’d better get a flight booked….although I could drive….no…that may not be a good idea…he went to book his flight.
The following user(s) said Well Said: William 58, AntiqueLace1

The Family Reunion that Happened! 6 months 3 weeks ago #3653820

• Aida
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1593
  • Honor Medal 2010
I’m Polly Carpenter. I run a catering company. I’ve been asked to do the catering for this family reunion. I used to go to school with Ginger Thompson. I hear there is a good chance she may be attending . She probably doesn’t remember me but I remember her. Oh, yes, I remember her well. I’ve been waiting for an opportunity like this for a long time.
The following user(s) said Well Said: RichardA, William 58, AntiqueLace1

What will survive of us is love.
Last edit: by Aida.
Moderators: mikePatsPascalou
Time to create page: 0.242 seconds