Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: THE DAY IT WOULD HAPPEN! ongoing story telling for all members.

THE DAY IT WOULD HAPPEN! ongoing story telling for all members. 1 year 9 months ago #3506900

• William 58
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 5418
  • Honor Medal 2010
"Oh no", I told River. "I don't have to play again until this evening. I was just clearing some things up with the guys." She looked relieved. I continued, "It's still early in the day,and with all of the excitement last night I never even thought about eating. But I'm famished now. Are you hungry?" River replied, "Yeah, I could eat a little bit of something", and gave me a smile. "Alright", I said. "Let's go to the Dining Coach and grab something quick. And some coffee. I could really use the caffeine, and I think you could too. By the time we're done eating the Barroom should be open and we can ask some very pointed questions of that Bartender."

River grabbed my hand, smiling bigger and brighter, and we headed off to the the Dining Coach.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Serena77, Cherie, Mawai, AntiqueLace1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

“In the days of my youth, I was told what it means to be a man / Now I've reached that age, I've tried to do all those things the best I can.”

(Jimmy Page, Robert Plant, John Paul Jones & John Bonham)

THE DAY IT WOULD HAPPEN! ongoing story telling for all members. 1 year 9 months ago #3506912

• AntiqueLace1
  • AntiqueLace1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Tilly felt a warmth about her after the visit with Anastasia. For Tilly it felt like the kinship she enjoys with her own sister. Relaxed and like they could talk all day. It was good for Tilly to learn a bit about the line of work and profession that Anastasia shared , I think she is a very astute and observant woman, she has a spark for details, and can take in what might be going on with people in just one quick minute, a memory and mind of Einstein (Tilly smiled to herself) Tilly felt encouraged and a bit more energetic after spending such quality time with Anastasia, having talked about important things in life and of their families
I will want another visit with this remarkable woman soon thought Tilly~

Last edit: by AntiqueLace1.

THE DAY IT WOULD HAPPEN! ongoing story telling for all members. 1 year 9 months ago #3507003

• William 58
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Honor Medal 2010
In the Dining Coach, I ate my entire 3 egg, bacon, sausage, ham, mushroom and 3 cheese omelette, plus all of the hash browns. And I drained 3 cups of coffee, black. River ordered just an English muffin with grape jam, and only ate half of it. And she barely touched her coffee, choosing to drink ice water instead. I was quite worried about her. But I didn't let those feelings show.

After paying the bill, I took River's hand in mine and we headed to the Barroom. It was just past 11:00 am, so the Bartender from last night should be there. But upon our arrival, I saw a frumpy, middle aged woman standing behind the Bar. And she looked like she did not want to be there.

River and I walked up to her and I said, "Good Morning ma'am. Where is the gentleman who was tending Bar last night?" She looked at me with squinty eyes, frowning, and said, "What do I look Like? Joseph's guardian!". Taken aback, I said "No, no of course not. We just thought you might know where he was. It's very important that we speak with him."

"Well, hells bells!," she exclaimed, "He's probably still asleep in his suite." River asked, "Can you please give us his suite number?" The woman said, "No I can't. That's classified information!". She stared at me as if expecting something. I reached into my front right pants pocket and pulled out a $100 bill. I handed it to the woman and said. "How about now?" She replied, "Suite 802" and turned away.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Serena77, Cherie, Mawai

“In the days of my youth, I was told what it means to be a man / Now I've reached that age, I've tried to do all those things the best I can.”

THE DAY IT WOULD HAPPEN! ongoing story telling for all members. 1 year 9 months ago #3507091

• Rips
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1395
  • Honor Medal 2010
Another day stretched full of possibilities in front of Flo .
Sitting in the dining car she watched fascinated as a large man at the next table downed with what seemed like unnecessary haste a belly breaker of a breakfast while his companion daintily nibbled on a muffin . Hmmm interesting though Flo as the canoodling couple left hand in hand . She picked up her knitting and followed them down the corridor.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Serena77, Cherie, Mawai, William 58

Last edit: by Rips.

THE DAY IT WOULD HAPPEN! ongoing story telling for all members. 1 year 9 months ago #3507150

• Cherie
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1134
  • Honor Medal 2010
Angelique spent a restless night, tossing and turning and
thinking about how much fun and laughter she and
Anastasia had had the previous day, and especially the look on Pierre
And Jean’s face every time they came out of a shop. That makes
Her smile every time.
This shopping spree had been a real treat for Angelique. she seldom
Goes out shopping by herself. usually things are brought to her to
Choose from , so this outing was very special to her, and Anastasia is
Also a special friend.

But what really troubled Angelique was that young woman , she and Pierre saw last
night by the bar.
She looked frightened , and totally lost, but there was a very kind
Gentleman With her, reassuring her that all will be ok.

Angelique got up washed and dressed and called Jean, not wanting to disturb
Pierre this early.
Jean met her at her door and together they walked to the dining room, where they
Again saw the young woman picking at her food and the same gentleman
Eating a hearty breakfast. A little curious, Angelique wondered what was going on.

Angelique and Jean found a table. A waiter came to take their order. They only ordered
Coffee while waiting for Pierre and Anastasia to join them.
The following user(s) said Well Said: QuinTSensual, Rips, Serena77, Mawai, William 58, AntiqueLace1

Last edit: by Cherie.

THE DAY IT WOULD HAPPEN! ongoing story telling for all members. 1 year 9 months ago #3507194

• AntiqueLace1
  • AntiqueLace1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Tilly is sleeping in her train quarters and wont be active today on board the #101. wink.png

THE DAY IT WOULD HAPPEN! ongoing story telling for all members. 1 year 9 months ago #3507213

• Topsy
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
She deserves the rest , will be a totally different gal tommorrow , guaranteed.

THE DAY IT WOULD HAPPEN! ongoing story telling for all members. 1 year 9 months ago #3507272

• William 58
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Honor Medal 2010
As River and I walked quickly out of the Barroom, I said to her, "Let's stop by my room on the way to Joseph's suite." She said "But why?' I replied, "There's something I need to get. For just in case." River looked up at me questioningly and said, "In case of what?" I told her, "You'll see." Then I said to myself, "But I hope not".

We arrived at my room and I unlocked the door. And I thought to myself. "Thank God this train is not modern enough to have keyless entry." I went to my bed, lifted the mattress, pulled out a small leather pouch. and stuck it in my back left pants pocket. River said, "What is that\?" I replied, "Once again, you'll see. Just trust me. Please?" She said, "Okay. You have been so good to me Hawk. I'll trust you."

We left my room and headed towards the back of the train, and through several Coaches, to Suite 802. I knocked loudly on the door.. There was no answer. I pounded on the door and shouted, "Joseph! Are you in there?" Again, no answer. This is what I feared. But there was no other choice. I reached into my back left pants pocket and pulled out the small leather pouch. I pulled the zipper open, and brought out my lock picking tools. River took a step back from me and exclaimed "What are you doing!? Who are you?' I turned to her, leaned in and kissed her lightly on the lips. She accepted the kiss, and her anxiety dissipated. My heart began to race, but I kept my thoughts to myself. Then I said, "Let's just say I'm a musician who has done some things in the past that he is not very proud of."

I turned back to the door, and quickly picked the lock. River said to me, "Hawk, I don't care who you used to be. I really like you for who you are now." I replied, with a big smile, "Thank you River. I really like you too." I took her hand and pushed the door open.
The following user(s) said Well Said: QuinTSensual, Serena77, Cherie, Mawai, AntiqueLace1

Last edit: by William 58.

THE DAY IT WOULD HAPPEN! ongoing story telling for all members. 1 year 9 months ago #3507613

• Topsy
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
He felt the same about her , his eyes misted over .
Still no time for sentiment he thought , will have to think on my feet here ,it could be dodgy .

THE DAY IT WOULD HAPPEN! ongoing story telling for all members. 1 year 9 months ago #3507614

• Serena77
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 7385
  • Honor Medal 2010
It had been a boring Sunday morning....thus far. Anastasia was ready for some company as she closed the
door to her suite, aboard the train. No one was around. Well, it was late morning and everyone must be
lounging and relaxing, she thought. She had passed a couple which she recognized as Hawk, one of the
members of the band and River, a dark haired, pale- faced woman with the wild-eyed expression. She had
danced uninhibitedly, alone, in front of the band, hands upwards waving in the air, as if in a trance. Very
strange. thought. Anastasia. They did not notice her quietly walking past them....the man was comforting and
reassuring the woman in a protective manner. Something about the woman.....though. The expression in
her eyes was sad and almost supernatural, at the same time. They seemed to walk exclusively to their own beat,
unaware of anyone else. No sense in asking them if they needed assistance, at this point. Her radar.as a
Journalist was keen and nothing had been lost. Especially, the expression in the woman's eyes.

\
The following user(s) said Well Said: Topsy, QuinTSensual, Cherie, Mawai, William 58, AntiqueLace1

"money buys everything,
but ............common sense."
Last edit: by Serena77.
Moderators: mikePascalouPatsMoonlitRoads63
Time to create page: 0.194 seconds