Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: THE DAY IT WOULD HAPPEN! ongoing story telling for all members.

THE DAY IT WOULD HAPPEN! ongoing story telling for all members. 1 week 4 days ago #3553150

• Cherie
  • Away
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Well said received: 685
  • Honor Medal 2010
It was late at night , everyone was asleep.
There was loud banging on the castle door.
Servants were half asleep scurrying in every direction. The door was flung open
And there was Pierre carrying Anastasia. Their clothes were full of blood.
Ohhh no They had been wounded.
Angelique quickly sent for the clinic doctor and nurses.
Pierre looked exhausted and Jean took hold of Aanastasia and ran to
The castle clinic. The doctor and nurses were already prepping Anastasia
For treatment .
Meanwhile Jean ran back to get Pierre to the clinic as well

After several hours , the doctor came out to tell Angie and Jean that they
Could go in and visit for a few minutes.

When they walked into the clinic , they saw that Ana and Pierre had been
all cleaned up and bandaged.
Angelique told Ana to just relax and stay quiet , there will be enough time
Later to talk about what went on.
Pierre and Ana were given a sedative and they were fast asleep within
Minutes, everyone went back to their rooms.
It was almost morning, they all needed their sleep.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Serena77, ElizaK, Mawai, William 58, AntiqueLace1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Cherie.

THE DAY IT WOULD HAPPEN! ongoing story telling for all members. 1 week 4 days ago #3553151

• AntiqueLace1
  • AntiqueLace1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1076
  • Honor Medal 2010
appreciation to the excellent story tellers who donate their time and creativity to this story!
The following user(s) said Well Said: Serena77, Cherie, ElizaK, Mawai, William 58

Last edit: by AntiqueLace1.

THE DAY IT WOULD HAPPEN! ongoing story telling for all members. 1 week 4 days ago #3553179

• Serena77
  • Away
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 6086
  • Honor Medal 2010
I awoke with a start from a dream. My heart had been burning and was just about to
burst!There was no quenching of the fire....freedom, and liberty were at stake. We fought
bravely. It was the darkest of nights, lit only by the criss-cross of gunfire. This would be a
culmination of our planning. The overthrow of the Communist regime would be historic.
with the takeover of St. Petersburg.

I heard Pierre's cry of anguish in my ear over the cacophony of warfare. My eyes met his
briefly, I had not felt pain or realized that I was wounded until I felt the blood soak
through my clothes and felt a liquid warmth. The loss of blood led me to faint into
unconsciousness and into a dark void.

This flashback was so surreal that I wondered where I was and where is Pierre?
Where is our brave compatriot, Vladimir? I slumped my head back into my pillow.
The answers could wait. A deep sleep overtook me. A sweet reprieve for the present.

"money buys everything,
but ............common sense."
The following user(s) said Well Said: Cherie, ElizaK, Mawai, William 58, AntiqueLace1

Last edit: by Serena77.

THE DAY IT WOULD HAPPEN! ongoing story telling for all members. 1 week 3 days ago #3553889

• William 58
  • Away
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 3377
  • Honor Medal 2010
The time had come; 11:45 pm. I needed to leave the Castle to meet up with my Father and the Team. I hugged River and kissed her soundly. "Don't wait up," I said. "Are you kidding Hawk?" She replied worriedly. "There's no way I can go to sleep while you're out there." "All right," I said. "But try not to worry too much. My Dad will make sure I'm safe." "Okay Hawk. I'll miss you. And good luck," River said. We hugged once more, then I turned and left our bedroom. In just a few minutes I was standing outside of the Castle's main entrance. Aunt Ann had locked the huge oaken door behind me. She would not be sleeping either.

It was quite cold outside and very dark. But my thick black hoodie helped keep me warm. As did the black beanie hat I wore under the pulled up hood. My pants were black and so were my socks and shoes. My Father was waiting for me about halfway between the Castle and the construction site. Kneeling down behind some tall bushes. I joined him there. We spoke briefly, then he covered most of my face with black goop, just as his face already was. He then handed me a small but powerful flashlight, a communication device, a set of night vision goggles, and a rifle. But it wasn't the kind of rifle I was used to utilizing. It was a Tranquilizer rifle. There would be no killing of Russians during this mission. My father gave me some quick instructions on the gun's abilities and usage. I put on the goggles and we headed to the construction site to join Lieutenants Nelson and Ramirez.

The streets of Montgomery were poorly lit. This was to our advantage. I was amazed how clearly I could see through the night vision goggles. We saw not one living soul on our way to the construction site. Which was as he had hoped. About 50 yards out from the site, Nelson and Ramirez were hunkered down behind a mountainous pile of dirt, which I assumed was removed from the digging going on inside the site. Nelson and Ramirez were dressed exactly as my Father and I. Ramirez handed me a flash/bang grenade and a 9" KA-BAR BK9 Becker Fixed Combat Bowie Knife. We briefly discussed Phase 1 of the plan and then went into action.

The Lieutenants had already surveyed the perimeter of the site, and found no one monitoring it. Also, no surveillance cameras were detected. They did, however, find four guards inside the fence at ground level, keeping a very casual watch on each side of the area's perimeter. After all, what could happen in Mayberry like Montgomery? The guards were about to find out.

The four of us took up positions midway between the corners of the four sides of the site. We each quietly cut a 3" diameter hole in the black privacy screen netting set against the inside of the fence, and identified the locations of the guards stationed on the four sides of the site. Then Nelson made the sound of a screeching owl, and we each pulled the pins out of the flashbang grenades and lobbed them over the 12 foot tall (including the two feet of concertina razor ribbon barbed wire atop the 10 foot high steel chain link fencing) barrier.

We then each knelt down quickly and lined up our tranq dart rifles at the four guards through the hole cut into the privacy screen netting. The guards were blinded and stunned, so they made east targets. Each went to the ground. Then the Lieutenants and I ran to the front of the site, where my Father was cutting a huge hole into the steel chain link fencing, When finished my Father and his men rushed inside the construction site for Phase 2. I waited outside of the wire to guard our entrance.
“In the days of my youth, I was told what it means to be a man / Now I've reached that age, I've tried to do all those things the best I can.”

(Jimmy Page, Robert Plant, John Paul Jones & John Bonham)
The following user(s) said Well Said: Serena77, Cherie, ElizaK, AntiqueLace1

THE DAY IT WOULD HAPPEN! ongoing story telling for all members. 1 week 2 days ago #3554284

• William 58
  • Away
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Honor Medal 2010
Based on the elixir of drugs inside the tranq darts, the four guards should be unconscious for at lease an hour. From what my Father told me, that was way more than enough time for he, Nelson and Ramirez to complete Phase 2 of the mission. So these unconscious guards posed no further threat. What we didn't know, however, was if these guards had a regular check-in schedule with their immediate superiors. If this was the case, we might be receiving additional company at any time. So I kept my watch focused on the street entrance to the 100 or so yards long gravel road leading to the construction site's main entrance (my current location).

Just then, in my right ear, I heard "Raven Leader to Raven Three. Do you read Raven Three?" It was my Father. "Raven Three reading loud and clear," I answered. "Copy that Raven Three. No additional combatants encountered inside the target site. As suspected, we have found a twenty foot deep pit in the center of the target site. Ravens One and Two have descended a ladder to the bottom of the pit, and are reporting the existence of an elaborate tunnel, dimly lit, running directly South towards Base One (the Castle). Ravens One and Two are proceeding with their assigned duties. They should be completed within 10 minutes. Then we will move to Phase 3 of the mission. Do you copy Raven Three?" "Raven Three copies," I answered. "Acknowledged Raven Three. Raven Leader over and out."

So Nelson and Ramirez were securing C-4 plastic explosives and electronic wireless detonators to the wooden structures supporting the tunnel. Once finished, they would ascend the twenty foot long ladder to ground level and carry the unconscious guards to the farthest point away from the blast zone, shielded by large digging equipment. And here they came, my Father and the two Lieutenants , scrambling for the site exit hole in the steel chain link fencing.

I stood up and we all four ran North from the site, away from the blast area. Once about 50 yards away, we stopped and crouched down behind a huge pile of dirt. Nelson held a large electronic Master Detonator and pushed a button. The night sky lit up brightly, and then I heard the monster sound of the explosion. I couldn't see how the tunnel would not have had been completely demolished. Phase Three was a success.

Just then, a large black SUV, with very bright halogen headlights, turned onto the gravel road from the street and stopped sharply. The shock wave from the explosion rocked the vehicle back and forth and almost tipped it over. Shielded by the mountain of dirt, Raven Team felt nothing of the wave. But we saw the effects of it whipping dirt and debris past us on both sides of the dirt mountain. Once that had settled, we disbursed from the site, running. Phase 4 of the mission was our safely meeting back at Montgomery Castle.
“In the days of my youth, I was told what it means to be a man / Now I've reached that age, I've tried to do all those things the best I can.”

THE DAY IT WOULD HAPPEN! ongoing story telling for all members. 1 week 1 day ago #3554399

• ElizaK
  • Away
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Well said received: 949
  • Honor Medal 2010
River was nervously waiting to hear from Hawk. It seemed as if the mission was taking longer than expected. She heard what sounded like an explosion. She ran to the terrace to see if she could see anything. The night was overcast and pitch black. She couldn’t see through the forest.

Her nerves were shot...she started pacing the room like a wild animal...she felt as if she was going to have a panic attack. Then it happened...she felt a stabbing pain on her right side. River doubled over. Not normal she thought. River made her way across the room to the door...she opened the door and made her way down the hall...holding on to the wall. She stopped at Ann’s room and pounded on the door. Thankfully Ann answered. River could barely tell her she needed help. It hurt to breath...she slid down the wall and sat on the floor. Ann ran to the phone and called emergency. River closed her eyes...the pain was unbearable. It seemed like it was hours.

In the distance she heard sirens...then a familiar hand touched her gently...”River...love, what is is?” She opened her eyes to see Hawk bent over her. His face was blackened but she could see the concern. This time she knew she was in trouble.
Yesterday was, tomorrow isn’t...be today
The following user(s) said Well Said: Serena77, Cherie, William 58, AntiqueLace1

THE DAY IT WOULD HAPPEN! ongoing story telling for all members. 1 week 23 hours ago #3554922

• William 58
  • Away
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Honor Medal 2010
Raven Team ran East, away from the blast area, and away from the large black SUV that was now creeping slowly along the gravel roadway towards the blast zone. Its bright halogen headlights turning the area between it and the blast zone from darkness to almost daytime light. Fortunately we were a good 50 yards North of that lit area. Just then sirens began to wail from several of the town's emergency vehicles, getting louder every second.

In front of us loomed the Montgomery Forest. We would be able to travel South through it, hidden, all the way back to the Castle. With our night vision goggles in full use, it took little time for us to reach our destination. I unlocked the main entrance, and once inside we could begin to relax. But just a few moments later I heard pounding on an upstairs door, and then the sound of Aunt Ann's worried voice. Not good.

I bounded up the front staircase and spotted River sitting on the floor, held upright only by the wall outside of Ann's bedroom. River's eyes were scrunch closed. Clearly this was due to extreme pain. She was holding on to her right side with one arm. I approached her and reached out to stroke the side of her face. Her eyes opened slightly. I said gently, "River, love, what is it?" Unable to speak, she just motioned with her left arm to the area on her right side. I immediately thought, "Oh crap, it must be her appendix." This was very serious. But the degree of danger depended upon whether the appendix had burst or not. If it had, getting River to the hospital was extremely urgent.

I heard Ann calling for an ambulance from her cell phone inside the bedroom. Once done, she hurried out to the hallway. She looked at my face, covered in black greasepaint. "Oh Heavens Hawk! You can't be seen like that! You will immediately become a suspect in the construction site explosion. Come with me. Bring River."

I gently but urgently lifted River off the floor. She screamed out in pain. My heart was pounding with hurt for her. I carried her to Ann's bed and laid her down on her back. A new siren became audible. It was the ambulance approaching the Castle. Ann hustled me into her private bathroom, where she got cotton balls and makeup remover from a cabinet. She said, "Here, use these. Quickly now, quickly!" I got right to it. Just a few minutes later the ambulance arrived at the Castle, and I had my face cleared of the black greasepaint. But the sink and counter were splotched with black. There was no time to clean it up, so I simply closed the bathroom door behind me and rejoined Ann and River.

Ann then raced downstairs to let the Paramedics in. I told them what I knew, and through great effort River was able to fill in the rest. The Paramedics immediately strapped River to a gurney and took her outside to load her into the ambulance. Before I joined River I alerted her to the presence of my Father and the Lieutenants, who were resting in Uncle Monty's study. I promised her I would call her as soon as I knew more about River's condition.

For the second time since moving into Montgomery Castle, River and I were riding in an ambulance for the 10 mile journey to Newtown Hospital. I prayed to God that it would be the last.

THE DAY IT WOULD HAPPEN! ongoing story telling for all members. 1 week 4 hours ago #3555198

• Serena77
  • Away
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 6086
  • Honor Medal 2010
It has been a week since the Revolution was fought and won. Not
without much travail. I have been in the castle clinic attended to
by the best doctors and medical professionals. Pierre and I were
wounded by the criss-cross of firearm. I had felt no pain at the
time but lost a lot of blood. The bullet had been extracted. it
was fortunate, it missed the vital organs. Pierre suffered a wound
on his arm and has recovered well. Being informed of Vladimir's
death, has sobered me. He was a true friend and Patriot and will
be buried with full military honors. His family will be well taken care
of for the rest of their lives.

Throughout this ordeal, I have felt the presence of Pierre hovering over
me, speaking to me lovingly. Opening my eyes in a semi-conscious
state, I heard the soft voices of Angelique and Jean whispering in
the background, very concerned. It felt like my spirit was floating
above my body watching everything, but I could not respond.

Pierre is stroking my hair and whispering sweet words of love.
Then he says," Ana, I have news of your uncle, the Grand-Duke!
He will be visiting you very soon to finalize your ascension into
the Romanov Dynasty as the Tsarina of Russia". My heart leaps
and trembles. It has been an arduous and incredible Revolution!
Am I ready to take leadership in this newly formed Democratic
Monarchy? One thing is for sure! I am anxious to see my beloved
Uncle. Pierre, as if reading my mind, smiles at me in confidence.
I could see so much emotion reflected in his eyes. It makes my
heart skip a beat. There is so much to ponder on. Right now, there
is love, peace, and contentment. All is well. What more can I ask
for?
"money buys everything,
but ............common sense."
The following user(s) said Well Said: Cherie, ElizaK, William 58, AntiqueLace1

Last edit: by Serena77.

THE DAY IT WOULD HAPPEN! ongoing story telling for all members. 1 week 4 hours ago #3555205

• Cherie
  • Away
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Well said received: 685
  • Honor Medal 2010
Monday morning bright and early Angelique and Jean prepared to go visit Ana at the castle clinic.
Feeling a little nervous about Ana's state of health, Jean tried to reassure Angie that by this morning
she and Pierre would feel much better.
They walked into the clinic and found Pierre sitting on a chair by Anna's bed.
They quickly ran over to see Ana and saw her trying to open her eyes. The doctor reassured them that
Ana was fine, just a little groggy from last night's sedative. The wound is healing nicely, and so is Pierre's.
With great relief Angie kissed Ana's forehead and whispered, "Jean and I are right here sweetie, not to worry.
We are not going anywhere. Just heal and feel better."

Pierre informed Angie and Jean that uncle Nicolais Romanov, the Grand Duke will be coming to visit Ana,
in a few days.
Angie felt excitement at meeting the Grand Duke. It will be a great honor. She looked at Jean and he also looks
impressed.

Angie will alert Cook, to prepare a feast for Uncle Nicolais
Soon the Doctor told them that Ana and Pierre still need their rest.

They left after promising Ana that will will be back in a while.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Serena77, ElizaK, William 58, AntiqueLace1

Last edit: by Cherie.

THE DAY IT WOULD HAPPEN! ongoing story telling for all members. 6 days 7 hours ago #3555699

• AntiqueLace1
  • AntiqueLace1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1076
  • Honor Medal 2010
the stories remain intriquing!
The following user(s) said Well Said: ElizaK, William 58

Moderators: mikePatsPascalou
Time to create page: 0.111 seconds