TOPIC: The Covid Inquiry

The Covid Inquiry 3 months 3 weeks ago #3982792

• Aida
  • Aida's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1395
  • Honor Medal 2010
This morning my husband was watching the Covid Inquiry. I joined him , very interesting to look back on it. Quite an eye opener, in particular the expletives in Whats App messages which had to be read out aloud. Boris Johnson’s former aides giving evidence. Shockingly Boris Johnson thought old people should accept their fate and let younger people get on with their lives ! He told senior advisers that Covid was “just natures way of dealing with old people.”
The following user(s) said Well Said: cahoots, R u e

Please Log in to join the conversation.

'Take the log out of your own eye then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother's eye.'
Matthew 7: 5
Last edit: by Aida.

The Covid Inquiry 3 months 3 weeks ago #3982804

• Keeper
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1394
  • Honor Medal 2010

Aida wrote: This morning my husband was watching the Covid Inquiry. I joined him , very interesting to look back on it. Quite an eye opener, in particular the expletives in Whats App messages which had to be read out aloud. Boris Johnson’s former aides giving evidence. Shockingly Boris Johnson thought old people should accept their fate and let younger people get on with their lives ! He told senior advisers that Covid was “just natures way of dealing with old people.”

I bet Boris' father was not in favour of that!
I think this is now a waste of time and money. After all, wasn't Boris advised by our 2 top scientists in this matter, Van Tam and the other one.
Better to put that money now into the NHS for future use.
The following user(s) said Well Said: cahoots, Aida, R u e

PEACE to the world

The Covid Inquiry 3 months 3 weeks ago #3982840

• R u e
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1307
  • Honor Medal 2010

Keeper wrote:

Aida wrote: This morning my husband was watching the Covid Inquiry. I joined him , very interesting to look back on it. Quite an eye opener, in particular the expletives in Whats App messages which had to be read out aloud. Boris Johnson’s former aides giving evidence. Shockingly Boris Johnson thought old people should accept their fate and let younger people get on with their lives ! He told senior advisers that Covid was “just natures way of dealing with old people.”

I bet Boris' father was not in favour of that!
I think this is now a waste of time and money. After all, wasn't Boris advised by our 2 top scientists in this matter, Van Tam and the other one.
Better to put that money now into the NHS for future use.

Normally I would agree with what you say Keeper, but we have to get ready for the next one ... this is what it's supposed to be all about, not blame, we already know about that .... and be sure we will get a next one, maybe not in our time but it will come gain in some form , and we better be ready ...
The following user(s) said Well Said: cahoots, habibi, Aida

The Covid Inquiry 3 months 3 weeks ago #3982857

• cahoots
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1773
  • Honor Medal 2010
It;s been very interesting to watch ... Boris does not seem to have been approved of especially in the decisions he made and the reasons he gave.

Some of his choices and subsequent reasons and motives are quite shocking, especially regarding the elderly.

I also began to think what an incredible ammount of money would be spent on this Inquiry but it IS really important that this is examined and that new guidelines or rules come out of it for future situations like this.

I can't imagine what Boris is thinking at the moment ... there doesn't seem to be much loyalty towards him though of course that should not be a factor ... but it must be hard listening to it in the cold light of day now ... I hope he has some good support.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Aida, Pats, R u e

There is a crack ... a crack in everything .... That's how the light gets in.

Leonard Cohen ~ Anthem

The Covid Inquiry 3 months 3 weeks ago #3982893

• Aida
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Honor Medal 2010
Apparently it is not if we get another pandemic, it’s when. Hence, we need this inquiry. We also need to give some answers to all those who have concerns about the circumstances in which their loved ones died, in particular those who died in old people’s homes..

The pandemic was unexpected and unpredictable. I remember my daughter telling me early on, just as Covid
was beginning to take hold, that there had been a meeting in our town discussing possible places to store all the bodies awaiting burial in the worst case scenario . That shocked me.

'Take the log out of your own eye then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother's eye.'

The Covid Inquiry 3 months 3 weeks ago #3982896

• Pats
  • Admin
  • Admin
  • Well said received: 1535
  • Honor Medal 2010
A temporary mortuary on a former RAF site was being used for the first time after an "unprecedented" number of deaths in our county.
The site in Lincolnshire was created during the first wave of the coronavirus pandemic.
More than 300 deaths were recorded in the county in the week from 9 December, 2920, double the 2019 rate.
The following user(s) said Well Said: cahoots, NewTricks, Aida, R u e

Happy to help.

The Covid Inquiry 3 months 3 weeks ago #3982994

• habibi
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 648
  • Honor Medal 2010
I heard some of the inquiry on radio 5 today. I wasn't impressed by Boris during the pandemic but it seems behind the scenes in Downing Street it was chaos, he was indecisive about everything and just a few days before lockdown he hadn't decided about shielding for vulnerable people. Boris also didn't want to speak to the first ministers of Scotland and Wales. He didn't want Nicola Sturgeon in the room when he was speaking.

I'm surprised so many of us survived it.

There's a separate inquiry just started in Scotland and already I've heard and read about what's app messages that were deleted.
The following user(s) said Well Said: cahoots, Aida, R u e

The Covid Inquiry 3 months 3 weeks ago #3983053

• Aida
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Honor Medal 2010
What is coming across to me as I watch this inquiry is that the political aides were keen to act fast to protect the people but politicians wanted to hold off making big decisions.

The Covid Inquiry 3 months 3 weeks ago #3983371

• cahoots
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1773
  • Honor Medal 2010
I remember thinking at the early phase of Covid that Boris in particular did not seem to be that bothered about the elderly in terms of risk and prevention ... decisions seemed to be being made for those younger and I wondered if it was about keeping the economy going well.

I did wonder at one point whether Boris thought that if the elderly caught Covid and died that would save a lot of government money in pension payments and disability benefits ... especially when they started to send the sick elderly to residential care homes ... I thought they would surely be protected.

I told myself I was being paranoid .... I'm not so sure that I was now!.
The following user(s) said Well Said: habibi

There is a crack ... a crack in everything .... That's how the light gets in.

Leonard Cohen ~ Anthem

The Covid Inquiry 3 months 2 weeks ago #3983380

• habibi
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 648
  • Honor Medal 2010

File Attachment:

File Name:
File Size: 0 KB

File Attachment:

File Name:

File Attachment:

File Name:

File Attachment:

File Name:

File Attachment:

File Name:

File Attachment:

File Name:

Laughing at the Italians?!?!? How could they???
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Well Said: Aida

Moderators: PatsMoonlitRoads63
Time to create page: 0.432 seconds